Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Question The Gaming Platform/Distributor you Hate Most!

Title.

And say why.

If you don't specify PC programs this is gonna go weirdly.

Assuming that at least because of your last thread, confused as to what you mean in general overall actually.

Also Origin, it was annoying to get it to work for Sims and what not.

A PC distributor, like Steam or Amazon.

10+ Year Old Account
    If we're talking about customer service... steam, how quickly i grew to hate it and its ammount of shovelware that has gone through lately...
    Cod has a new campaign, new weapons, new multiplayer levels every year. Zelda has been recycling the same weapons, villains, and dungeons since the 80's. Zelda recycles enough to make cod blush. The same weapons, villains, dungeons, and princess in every single Zelda for the most part. It's almost as cheesy as bowser vs Mario round 35

Deleted
    U-Play, i have no idea wtf they're doing with it, fucking assassins creed, opening it on steam then you have to open u-play and it then launches it through steam, it's a pain in the ass to download and is just annoying.

If they're going to sell their games on steam then just let it stay and open with steam and no fing U-play

Origin comes in a close second cus i don't like EA and i'm a Steam fanboy and get annoyed by not having all my games in one place

Deleted
    Steam by far, they really have issues with quality control.

Uplay.

It's just a terrible service. I hate being forced to open a 2nd launcher to play a game I bought from a first launcher. I hate it's cloud service that has deleted more save files than it's saved and I hate it's layout and it's habit to hijack a computers resources. Also drm and their looping update bugs. Also how they display updates in bytes (or bits). That's just unnecessary.

Fuck ubisoft and uplay.
    Last edited by Jakexe; 2014-10-10 at 09:48 AM. Reason: Remembered some things I hate about uplay

10+ Year Old Account
    Steam. Ruined PC gaming for me and set the way for competitors to further turn me away from the platform.

Quote Originally Posted by Mechazod View Post
    Steam. Ruined PC gaming for me and set the way for competitors to further turn me away from the platform.
    Quote Originally Posted by Valyrian Stormclaw View Post
    And say why.
    Uplay for me also, clunky, like 5x more updates than steam and for me often slow as hell. Firing up far cry 3 for me is a strategic decision because of this trash. Steam can be a real dog at times but Uplay is something else, goes double for the fact that a lot of the time it must work in tandem with steam. If one of these services is bad, then more of them are worse. I like steam more than any of the others because it is publisher agnostic, I really, REALLY do not want all of these programs running all the time on my comp just to play something else.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lemposs View Post
    Steam by far, they really have issues with quality control.
    THAT I can at least agree with. Of all the complaints about Steam, this one is the most true.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Mechazod View Post
    And how'd they do that? I actually think steam HELPED it; Hell, I've gotten rid of hundreds of physical discs because I have them all on Steam now. Much easier to keep track of, install, and update.
    Quote Originally Posted by Warwithin View Post
    Politicians put their hand on the BIBLE and swore to uphold the CONSTITUTION. They did not put their hand on the CONSTITUTION and swear to uphold the BIBLE.
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam Jensen View Post
    Except maybe Morgan Freeman. That man could convince God to be an atheist with that voice of his . . .
    Quote Originally Posted by LiiLoSNK View Post
    If your girlfriend is a girl and you're a guy, your kid is destined to be some sort of half girl/half guy abomination.

Deleted
    EA with Origin.
    Hate to have one more platform for some games, that i play, when i already have Steam, where majority of games is published.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Valyrian Stormclaw View Post
    Title.

And say why.

EA - Origin. Because of EA.

Because EA has no customer service and releases very very flawed games

To mention the last ones that hit me:

Sims 4, Fifa 14, Fifa 15.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by barackopala View Post
    If we're talking about customer service... steam, how quickly i grew to hate it and its ammount of shovelware that has gone through lately...
    Steams customer service > Origin by...... miles.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nupomaniac View Post
    What are you smoking? Origin support is quite good and fast and Origin has refunds.Steams support is garbage and unnecessary complicated. Why the hell do i have to create a support account to contact the support?Steam has pretty much the worst support of the distrubitation platforms.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nupomaniac View Post
    Not really, origin and ea is actually better in that department strangely enough, steam is better than origin in many ways but not in customer service. Had tickets sitting open on Steams support page for days, with EA i usually had the chance to chat with an agent within hours at most.

15+ Year Old Account
    To be honest I found GFWL worse than Uplay in that it was required but absolutely added nothing noteworthy to the game experience at all.

Uplay is a major offender still. Sometimes dubbed Udown. Affecting playability of your games accordingly.

I used to dislike Steam long ago because in opposite to Impulse (when it was still owned by Stardock) it did not allow proper offline gaming and playing games without the platform. Steam is still DRM but allows offline play seems to work now at least even though I am 99% of the time online these days. I find the new Steam UI overhauls consistently getting more confusing - I do not need my gaming platform telling me what may interest me, I already have Netflix doing that - and their tendency to wave through everything if it runs that's why some shady people can release trollware like Earth:2066.

Can't really say a lot about Origin, I haven't really run into problems with it but then I own only two games there anyway
    WoW: Crowcloak (Druid) & Neesheya (Paladin) @ Sylvanas EU (/ˈkaZHo͞oəl/) | GW2: Siqqa (Asura Engineer) @ Piken Square EU
    If builders built houses the way programmers built programs,the first woodpecker to come along would destroy civilization. - Weinberg's 2nd law

He seeks them here, he seeks them there, he seeks those lupins everywhere!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ravenblade View Post
    Can't really say a lot about Origin, I haven't really run into problems with it but then I own only two games there anyway
    They gave like 10 free games away already.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by agnow View Post
    U-Play, i have no idea wtf they're doing with it, fucking assassins creed, opening it on steam then you have to open u-play and it then launches it through steam, it's a pain in the ass to download and is just annoying.
    this!

Got myself Valiant Hearts lately because i really like the UbiArt stuff (Rayman Legends, Child of Light). And again - as always with Ubisoft games - buy through steam, launch through steam, get your key through steam, launch uplay, enter key in uplay, play through steam, get your achievements through steam and and and ....................................

Ubisoft: not cool!

Deleted
    Not just saying this for anything to do with WoW. But I always hated Activision. Growing up with spectrum and commodore games in the 80's Activision were synonymous with terrible games. Poorly produced, terrible gameplay and rushed out the door as fast as they could do it. I often wonder how they ever became so successful.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by zealo View Post
    Not really, origin and ea is actually better in that department strangely enough, steam is better than origin in many ways but not in customer service. Had tickets sitting open on Steams support page for days, with EA i usually had the chance to chat with an agent within hours at most.
    although i dislike EA for not publishing on the WiiU (different story) their Customer Service is quite decent. every problem i ever had with EA products or accounts has been resolved in no time.

steam on the other hand ... There was a major issue with "Blackguards" DLC "Untold Legends". For alot of people - me íncluded - the DLC didn't install and thus wans't playable. I contacted Daedalic, the company behind Blackguards and they immediately told me that they've already investigated the issue but it seems that the problem lies with steam. I asked them to contact steam then and set things right for their consumers. sadly they've already tried and didn't achieve a positive result.
    So i contacted steam support and it took them about a week to reply to me, saying that it isn't their fault and i should contact Daedalic ... WTF ?!

about a month later the game suddenly updated itself and this time around included the dlc, i don't know who or what caused the issue to be solved, but it took far too long!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Grendizerx View Post
    EA with Origin.
    Hate to have one more platform for some games, that i play, when i already have Steam, where majority of games is published.
    actually it isn't that bad to have both Origin and Steam considering that most modern EA games aren't published on Steam.
    Ubisoft on the other hand publishes everything on Steam but still requires you to have their useless uplay tool installed to play the games.
    They also use uplay to cut down on Steam Family sharing ... you cannot family share uplay games because they come with a key that has to be entered in uplay, even if you install and play them through steam.

- - - Updated - - -

also i think it might be time for a poll ?

Everything that isn't Steam. Origin, U-Play, GFWL... just bloody give up already, guys, you've lost and you're nothing but a nuisance.