Quote Originally Posted by Hemenia View Post
    You mean like, its not RNG based at all to have a colossus smash reset when your CDs are up/during execute phase VS having a CS reset when you have 20 rage? :/
    Well the trinket has a high enough proc chance, you'll be getting pretty reliable resets especially once you get the mythic version

Quote Originally Posted by Archimtiros View Post
    While what you say is true, it's also an oversimplification. The skill cap seems low, since damage is mostly proc based, but I believe it actually takes more focus than many rotations in the game simply because it requires you to always plan your steps in two different directions. You have to out play the RNG.

With standard, predictable rotations, you always know what is coming next. There isn't any guesswork and the only thing you really need to do to optimize is utilize proper timing of abilities. With Fury you have to constantly evaluate your place in the rotation in relation to your resource level and how the random element will affect that. What happens if I get procs, what happens if I don't get procs, should I drop resources now, should I save resources and risk capping? This is a constant element to the RNG game.
    Well, that's a nice way to describe something that's an utter pile of dog shit. (Please don't take it personal, Archi.)

But let's face the truth: Fury gameplay right now is fail design. The actual impact of player skill is nowhere near the impact of Mr RNGesus. Any low-skilled player will out-dps a decent player from time to time just because of mighty RNG. Yes, you might say that a good player's DPS won't drop as hard if doomed by RNG but still...fail design is fail design. Sorry that I may sound a bit harsh but there's no way that I can find anything positive about current fury gameplay.

The biggest problem with the Arms trinket is that Arms just doesn't have enough rage income during execute phase.... unless you use T17 4P. Which is surely going to be nerfed/gutted somehow if that stays.

Quote Originally Posted by chooi View Post
    Well, that's a nice way to describe something that's an utter pile of dog shit. (Please don't take it personal, Archi.)

But let's face the truth: Fury gameplay right now is fail design. The actual impact of player skill is nowhere near the impact of Mr RNGesus. Any low-skilled player will out-dps a decent player from time to time just because of mighty RNG. Yes, you might say that a good player's DPS won't drop as hard if doomed by RNG but still...fail design is fail design. Sorry that I may sound a bit harsh but there's no way that I can find anything positive about current fury gameplay.
    I agree the design is heavily flawed and not a lot of fun, but that's completely aside from the issue we were discussing. In another post I expanded on that and hit the point of "if I play perfectly but get have bad luck I'll do worse than someone who plays poorly but has good luck".

Back in MoP 5.4 DPS warriors had shield wall.

I think we should get it back. Will it be broken if we do, though?

Quote Originally Posted by zyen View Post
    Back in MoP 5.4 DPS warriors had shield wall.

I think we should get it back. Will it be broken if we do, though?
    seeing 2 of our def "thingies" (def-stance + Shieldbarrier) cripple our dmg and are worth shit (esp Sbar) no i dont think it would be broken ... we have so little self-sustainability that it just makes you want to cry -.-
    also DbtS is really bad cd as well in PvE as the parry-part is almost never made use of as you just need dmg-reduction to survive anything

So, for Mythic Blast Furnace I'm wondering what people do when progressing on it. It's kind of lame, but I feel like standard single-target talents (with DR over SB) is the way to go. Honestly, it might just be a matter of everybody else scumming it up way too much too.

I could also just go back Arms, but I'm not sure how I feel about that tbh. Anyway, I don't really know what I'm doing in there right now so any advice would be cool.

Fury isn't too bad on blast furnace I heard. They've got pretty good single target DPS, and if you spec into Bladestorm your burst cleave is decent.

I'm currently facing the same problems on mythic beastlord.

Maybe the 1 or 2 of the 3 mages in my group should go arcane for some single target burst in P4.. 2% wipes are just painful.

If you're attempting to optimize, there isn't much out there more optimal than Bladestorm. Now convincing your ranged dps to not be scumlords? Good luck with that.

Yeah, I'm doing it 'cause it seems like people spend too much time padding but not having Bladestorm just wrecks my damage. Not to mention the adds in P2 do not go down smoothly making that initial transition rough thus increasing my desire for Bladestorm. It might just be an issue of priorities though, and that includes myself.

To be honest though, it's kind of hard for me to gauge because I'm pretty undergeared relative to the rest of the raid. I don't know, we'll see how it feels after farm night on Tuestday where, hopefully, I can pick up some gear.

Quote Originally Posted by Nodokk View Post
    Yeah, I'm doing it 'cause it seems like people spend too much time padding but not having Bladestorm just wrecks my damage. Not to mention the adds in P2 do not go down smoothly making that initial transition rough thus increasing my desire for Bladestorm. It might just be an issue of priorities though, and that includes myself.

To be honest though, it's kind of hard for me to gauge because I'm pretty undergeared relative to the rest of the raid. I don't know, we'll see how it feels after farm night on Tuestday where, hopefully, I can pick up some gear.
    IMO Bladestorm is a no-brainer on any fight with multiple targets, let alone a massive add-fest like Furnace. BS has practically no opportunity cost relative to what other classes lose to do good AoE. All you lose is Avatar. Use it, it isn't padding when you help kill the adds while focusing down the priority targets. Spending the entire fight cleaving random targets and bladestorming on CD is a different matter.

Quote Originally Posted by angelmaz View Post
    IMO Bladestorm is a no-brainer on any fight with multiple targets, let alone a massive add-fest like Furnace. BS has practically no opportunity cost relative to what other classes lose to do good AoE. All you lose is Avatar. Use it, it isn't padding when you help kill the adds while focusing down the priority targets. Spending the entire fight cleaving random targets and bladestorming on CD is a different matter.
    I agree, there are always high priority adds up on Blast Furnace in P1 and P2. Bladestorming on cooldown really helps put out some damage, and really if you're on blast furnace you should have more than enough dps/gear to be able to kill the elementalists in an appropriate time. So keeping adds under control just helps make the fight even easier.

Or if for some reason you're not, having the mages go arcane for elementalists and P3 is a far, far superior option to you not using Bladestorm.
    Last edited by Artunias; 2015-04-27 at 09:24 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Artunias View Post
    I agree, there are always high priority adds up on Blast Furnace in P1 and P2. Bladestorming on cooldown really helps put out some damage, and really if you're on blast furnace you should have more than enough dps/gear to be able to kill the elementalists in an appropriate time. So keeping adds under control just helps make the fight even easier.

Or if for some reason you're not, having the mages go arcane for elementalists and P3 is a far, far superior option to you not using Bladestorm.
    i see the "mage go arcane" argument on bosses like beastlord or thogar, but on furnace not so much ... fire aoe is pretty heavy and its consistent, while bladestorm is not.
    on constant aoe-fights, fury really blows, especially now, that ppl all got their tier boni and good gear. we scale pretty bad and the burst-aoe we have doesnt have much of an adventage anymore over mages, warlocks or monks ... esp cause those classes can just keep the aoe rolling while our aoe is kinda meh outside of reckstorm (chaoswave says lol).

10+ Year Old Account
    The 'mages go arcane' argument doesn't hold up as strong on blast furnace. All the ads need to die, and they are very efficient. Actually, the argument is losing weight quickly, anyways, as fire is turning out to be equivalent to arcane in single target.

Quote Originally Posted by sjsctt View Post
    The 'mages go arcane' argument doesn't hold up as strong on blast furnace. All the ads need to die, and they are very efficient. Actually, the argument is losing weight quickly, anyways, as fire is turning out to be equivalent to arcane in single target.
    Fire, with adds to doubledip combustion and spread living bomb on is likely the strongest singletarget DPS in the game. That being said, if I ever got asked not to play with Bladestorm because reasons I'd gently tell them to screw themselves. I already feel pretty useless on my Warrior in comparison to a lot of the other classes I play, and while I hate being a one-trick pony, Bladestorm is the only thing we have to keep us somewhat in line with other classes right now.

Deleted
    New ptr patch and they are just fixing the same old set-bonuses, jesus christ help us all.

Why is everyone getting cool set bonuses but us?

I'd rather have a purely passive damage boost as a set bonus then use shitty wild strike more. The OH weapon should have remained a rage generator and slight source of auto-attack damage, nothing more. Now every ability keys off both MH and OH. It's needless and never should have been implemented. Now we're supposed to be excited about set bonuses that completely revolve around using our shitty offhand weapon strike more often so that we can activate our mediocre dps cooldown more often. Will be disgusted if the live set bonuses have anything at all to do with wild strike.

its also funny that by nerfing the 2p they are actually taunting us, cause the more they nerf the 2p the shittier the 4p will get (on top of how useless it already seems according to current sims).
    the stupidity behind these set boni is just ... over 9000 -.-

Deleted
    Are we looking to replace T17 Mythic set bonuses with HC T18 or do we actually have to hold out until we get T18 Mythic? I was going to argue stats are higher for T18 but they're not unless it's Mythic :/