Page 48 of 65 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Furtylol View Post
    Well obviously you can have more combinations than that since your multistrikes can in turn multristrike, but yeah, that's how it works.
    well afaik, your multistrikes dont have a chance to multistrike or you could in theory multistrike indefinately but rather your spells have 2 chances to multistrike which is why you can cast a spell and have 2 minor versions of it following it, thus having multistriked twice which afaik is the highest possible amount you can multistrike. if you read the description in your character tab (pressing c) and you put your mouse over multistrike, it clearly states that your spells have 2 chances to multistrike for 30% dmg(if i remember correctly)

its quite funny to see your average dmg on say chaos bolt being higher than your max hit, like having skada say your max hit was 68k and then have your average dmg at 75k due to multistriking.

Should we be using glyph of Havoc since the change to Havocs cooldown?

If not, on a fight with adds do I use havoc on cooldown, and if so should I use it with CB (which would make it hard to get near full embers ready for trinket procs or DS) or do I use with with incinerate to get more embers to use more CB?

*confused*
    Battletag: Chris#23952 (EU)
    Warlock

Quote Originally Posted by Avikur View Post
    Should we be using glyph of Havoc since the change to Havocs cooldown?

If not, on a fight with adds do I use havoc on cooldown, and if so should I use it with CB (which would make it hard to get near full embers ready for trinket procs or DS) or do I use with with incinerate to get more embers to use more CB?

*confused*
    99 % of the time the glyph won't be worth it. The reduced cooldown has made it easier to precast. You should prioritize using it with Shadowburn, then Chaos Bolt, if you're trying to do damage. On the other hand, it can be used to quickly build embers if you're low on them and have a burst phase coming up.

Quote Originally Posted by The-loon View Post
    I believe this may have been a typo and he meant Kargath. On mythic difficulty (strat depending) GoH is a DPs boost due to the damage buff you get on the cats. Casting 2x havoc'd CB's is insane dmg and havoc will be off CD for the next cat spawn. This was a main contributing factor as to why Spark was so high on that fight.
    He didnt even use the glyph. Would be smart actually watching the video before spreading false informations.

Speaking of the new lower cooldown of havoc, wouldnt that increase CR's value on fights with constant cleave (tectus for example) over DS for the easy cb/sb cleave over being ember starved all the time? Movement fucks you up big time though.

Quote Originally Posted by striderZA View Post
    99 % of the time the glyph won't be worth it. The reduced cooldown has made it easier to precast. You should prioritize using it with Shadowburn, then Chaos Bolt, if you're trying to do damage. On the other hand, it can be used to quickly build embers if you're low on them and have a burst phase coming up.
    thanks, so should I be using Havoc with CB on cooldown if there are always 2 targets? if I do that when do I use DS? At the moment I'm lining up 4 CB with trinkets and DS where possible so trying to hover around 3.5 embers until my trinkets proc then getting to 4 embers, popping DS and doing 4 CB, if I use havoc on cooldown i'll not be able to get to 4 embers due to the cooldown being roughly the same amount of time it takes to build around 1 ember
    Battletag: Chris#23952 (EU)
    Warlock

Deleted
    You can always use it for ember generation...

People oft forget this!

Quote Originally Posted by Avikur View Post
    thanks, so should I be using Havoc with CB on cooldown if there are always 2 targets? if I do that when do I use DS? At the moment I'm lining up 4 CB with trinkets and DS where possible so trying to hover around 3.5 embers until my trinkets proc then getting to 4 embers, popping DS and doing 4 CB, if I use havoc on cooldown i'll not be able to get to 4 embers due to the cooldown being roughly the same amount of time it takes to build around 1 ember
    Generally, yes. If you're using a proc trinket, delaying DS for a few seconds (no more, since you're reducing overall DS uptime) to line up with the proc is always worthwhile, otherwise you should almost always use it on CD. If you find yourself low on embers and you're close to a burst phase / expecting a trinket to proc, using Havoc to generate embers is always an option, like Shizwix mentioned.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Liquidsteel View Post
    You can always use it for ember generation...

People oft forget this!
    This is very important. If it's a short-term add and you don't have the embers to havoc a chaos bold and then shadowburn the add on top of that then you should put the havoc towards ember gen. You should also put havocs toward ember gen if the secondary target doesn't have much importance. Lastly you will find that in Challenge Modes you will/should be putting most of your havocs towards ember gen.

This is very important. If it's a short-term add and you don't have the embers to havoc a chaos bold and then shadowburn the add on top of that then you should put the havoc towards ember gen. You should also put havocs toward ember gen if the secondary target doesn't have much importance. Lastly you will find that in Challenge Modes you will/should be putting most of your havocs towards ember gen.
    Are you suggesting havoc incin? Or just hold off on havoc till you can havoc SB for damage and get ember refunds?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by rijn dael View Post
    Are you suggesting havoc incin? Or just hold off on havoc till you can havoc SB for damage and get ember refunds?
    Both. You have more flexibility now more than ever with the obscenely short cooldown. It's very rare that I would put a havoc towards Chaos Bolt in a CM unless it was inside of large cooldowns/procs and I was swimming in embers.

Both. You have more flexibility now more than ever with the obscenely short cooldown. It's very rare that I would put a havoc towards Chaos Bolt in a CM unless it was inside of large cooldowns/procs and I was swimming in embers.
    Say an encounter like twin ogron, where you can basically spend embers about as soon as you get them via havoc cb's, but as a result you won't really reach a bank of embers for each DS charge, would you find a gain in using the first few to build up embers via incins instead?

Right now I am using them on CB's each time, but my lock is mostly an alt atm, and I haven't spent too much time optimising my playstyle for WoD changes.

Say an encounter like twin ogron, where you can basically spend embers about as soon as you get them via havoc cb's, but as a result you won't really reach a bank of embers for each DS charge, would you find a gain in using the first few to build up embers via incins instead?

Right now I am using them on CB's each time, but my lock is mostly an alt atm, and I haven't spent too much time optimising my playstyle for WoD changes.
    This doesn't really answer your question, but the other two specs perform significantly better on Twin Ogron.

10+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by striderZA View Post
    This doesn't really answer your question, but the other two specs perform significantly better on Twin Ogron.
    While Strider is correct, if you really want to play Destro on this fight there will likely be a few situations where you'll want to spend the havoc on incinerate/conflag. When your Dark Soul/Copeland's rolls around you'll want to have as close to 4 embers as you can without capping if you're low in the 30s leading up to cds/trinkets then you will want to consider spending a havoc on ember gen so you are best prepared for the dump. This is less of a 'decision' than it used to be, with Havoc being so short a CD, so even if you end up doing it at the 'wrong' time you won't really feel a dps loss. But yeah, in summary, on TO specifically I would only havoc incin if I needed embers for an upcoming ember dump.

So I haven't seen this aspect discussed, and it may just be a bug. I put Mark of the Thunderlord on my new staff, and the biggest thing I noticed is that Chaos Bolt will not refresh the proc. I first noticed this on training dummies, then on H Butcher, and on H Brackenspore with me standing in his hitbox with atleast 4 seconds on the proc when cast completes.

Another lock in my guild used the same enchant previously and said he is pretty sure it was refreshing on Chaos Bolt. So not sure. Anyone else notice this?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by supertech985 View Post
    So I haven't seen this aspect discussed, and it may just be a bug. I put Mark of the Thunderlord on my new staff, and the biggest thing I noticed is that Chaos Bolt will not refresh the proc. I first noticed this on training dummies, then on H Butcher, and on H Brackenspore with me standing in his hitbox with atleast 4 seconds on the proc when cast completes.

Another lock in my guild used the same enchant previously and said he is pretty sure it was refreshing on Chaos Bolt. So not sure. Anyone else notice this?
    Just to be clear; not every critical hit will extend the buff because it's a chance on critical to extend. Not sure if you took that into account.

Isn't bleeding hollow the go-to enchant right now anyway, due to it being over budget? or is that outdated knowledge?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fuqup View Post
    Isn't bleeding hollow the go-to enchant right now anyway, due to it being over budget? or is that outdated knowledge?
    It's not overbudget, it's the same amount of rating as the crit enchant. If bleeding hollow is better because mastery is a relatively 'cheaper' stat than by that metric mastery should be better in all situations. I personally use bleeding hollow because the actual damage difference is relatively minor and I play all 3 specs on a regular basis.

Personally have seen better numbers focusing on Mastery than Crit.

7+ Year Old Account
    Is Charred Remains viable for Dps? Or should i stick to Demonic Servitude?
    "Let this scar signify the first blow against the mortal world. From this seal shall arise the doom of men,who, in their arrogance, sought to wield our fire as their own.Blindly they build their kingdoms upon stolen knowledge and conceit. Now they shall be consumed by the very flame they sought to control. Let the echoes of doom resound across this wretched world, that all who live may hear them and despair,"-Archimonde

Demonic Serv.