Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Deleted
    The black spiral is only on abilities you can not use when you're cc'd. trinket won't have a black spiral.
    but honestly tho, just keybind everything

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by koekai View Post
    The black spiral is only on abilities you can not use when you're cc'd. trinket won't have a black spiral.
    I was thinking about this and thought how I had never saw a black spiral on my bars. The thing is, I only glance at them for procs. I know where everything is reflexively. Muscle memory is pretty cool.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by koekai View Post
    how does keybinding abilities help when you can't see them?

lol? this guy above me is in the location "Common sense nation"... ok :

First:u can play wow perfectly fine with no actionbars , but using addons like cooldownpulse / tmw and stuff. The reason there is a actionbar is to be able to have a graphic icon to click them. if u dont click, u can use the key instead and dont need the clickable area.

2nd: someon postet a screenshot of the interface menue. There u can turn loss of control completely off, or change the alpha of the graphical effect, meaning it will be more ore less visible.

3rd: term "black spiral" just lol, its a normal clockwise cooldowntimer which has been used in wow like forever, even Cosmos had it. pls just change the alpha, some helpful guy did even post a screenshot in post nr. 17.

4th: if u want to pvp, pls learn the cooldowns of your spells. I cant imagine a pvper staring at his bars to see when his next attack becomes ready.
    Last edited by Holofernes; 2014-10-25 at 11:31 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Rinnegan View Post
    how does keybinding abilities help when you can't see them?
    Because when you use key binds you don't look at your action bar, there are plenty of people who even disable the action bar with standard abilities and only leave cooldowns or situational spells on screen.

It only shows the swirl on moves that are not on CD or have less CD than the time you are CC'd.

If it has more of a CD than your CC'd for it won't do it.

If you don't know what to press because of your bars you probably click or don't know your keybinds. I cannot see any reason you need to see your bars.

If its not on CD then it won't be on CD when you get out of your CC... lol?!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Holofernes View Post
    lol? this guy above me is in the location "Common sense nation"... ok :

First:u can play wow perfectly fine with no actionbars , but using addons like cooldownpulse / tmw and stuff. The reason there is a actionbar is to be able to have a graphic icon to click them. if u dont click, u can use the key instead and dont need the clickable area.

2nd: someon postet a screenshot of the interface menue. There u can turn loss of control completely off, or change the alpha of the graphical effect, meaning it will be more ore less visible.

3rd: term "black spiral" just lol, its a normal clockwise cooldowntimer which has been used in wow like forever, even Cosmos had it. pls just change the alpha, some helpful guy did even post a screenshot in post nr. 17.

4th: if u want to pvp, pls learn the cooldowns of your spells. I cant imagine a pvper staring at his bars to see when his next attack becomes ready.
    wait..what?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Sarac View Post
    Because when you use key binds you don't look at your action bar, there are plenty of people who even disable the action bar with standard abilities and only leave cooldowns or situational spells on screen.
    cooldowns is what I've been talking about all along

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Jellospally View Post
    It only shows the swirl on moves that are not on CD or have less CD than the time you are CC'd.

If it has more of a CD than your CC'd for it won't do it.

If you don't know what to press because of your bars you probably click or don't know your keybinds. I cannot see any reason you need to see your bars.

If its not on CD then it won't be on CD when you get out of your CC... lol?!
    too many PvErs in this thread. some PvPrs help me out here please.
    Last edited by mmoc3a779c5103; 2014-10-26 at 12:52 AM.

So you are saying "cooldowns is what i've been talking about all along"

They don't darken like the rest.... Only things that are off CD or less CD than the CC itself do that. Did you see this?

See how Warstomp has a 23 sec CD and Pummel has a 12 sec CD... they don't have the dark swirl due to CC like the rest... That means everything else is off CD and those are on CD... duh?!?!?!?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Jellospally View Post
    So you are saying "cooldowns is what i've been talking about all along"

They don't darken like the rest.... Only things that are off CD or less CD than the CC itself do that. Did you see this?

See how Warstomp has a 23 sec CD and Pummel has a 12 sec CD... they don't have the dark swirl due to CC like the rest... That means everything else is off CD and those are on CD... duh?!?!?!?
    Please deactivate the 'Loss of Control Alerts' and then look at your action bars while crowd controlled. You will then see a different black swirl; a new "feature" which was added in 6.0 and has hardly anything to do with the red 'Loss of Control Alerts' which have been in-game for a while now.

With it on or off my action bars don't do it, but yet again I don't use Blizzard UI since it is quite awful and painful to look at.

I'll go turn off my UI and get CC'd by something and ill see if I see anything different from that screenshot.

Also, why don't you show us what yours looks like? That would help people who want to actual help your issue...

Deleted
    here is the link to a similar thread over at ArenaJunkies: http://www.arenajunkies.com/topic/23...d/page__st__60

they haven't found a solution either. yet.
    Last edited by mmoc3a779c5103; 2014-10-26 at 11:47 AM.

So I see they are talking about:

This is mine 0 addons with loss of control on:

This is mine 0 addons without loss of control on:

This is mine with my UI on and loss of control on:

This is mine with my UI on and loss of control off:

There is 0 difference with it on or off. Without any addons. So thats not the issue.

What I don't get is I actually have default UI and my bars are darkened while CC'd like the picture from Arena Junkies. I have a feeling they are using Bartender(which is talked about in the thread being an issue) They said Bartender tried to mimic the Loss of Control CD sweep that blizz has by default and it is causing the super dark bars like the first picture unlike mine which are default wow UI.

When shit isn't on CD you know its not because it doesn't have the CD timer on it. See my Orb of Sindorei with 15m on CD you can ALWAYS see that even if you are CC'd that will not be effected by the CC swirl that gets added like every other button on my bars.
    Last edited by Jellospally; 2014-10-26 at 01:32 AM.

So many people who do not realize the problem. The black swirls remain even if you turn off the loss of control thingy option.

And yes it is annoying but it is typical of blizzard way to "We know what is best for you, suck it up"
    Quote Originally Posted by RedGamer030 View Post
    I do not need to be constructive in this thread, nor provide an argument. There is nothing here to actually debate. Your reasoning is flawed and thusly you have no argument.
    ↑ Epitome of Internet Logic

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by PrairieChicken View Post
    So many people who do not realize the problem. The black swirls remain even if you turn off the loss of control thingy option.

And yes it is annoying but it is typical of blizzard way to "We know what is best for you, suck it up"
    That attitude of their's has gotten worse lately. My poor travel form...

Deleted
    nope. no solution every to be found.

Maybe I'm just weird but I know what my buttons are without looking.
    Me thinks Chromie has a whole lot of splaining to do!

So not liking that you can't see your bars at all while cc'd = clicker?
    Hi Sephurik

Deleted
    PLEASE guys, PLEASE guys stop with the clicker-nonsense. Being able to see how much time is left until an important ability comes up again is vital. if it wasn't important then every gamer would play without an active interface.

Deleted
    the problem is still there just to get that thread out there

Sounds like an addon issue. Post a screen shot.