10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Djalil View Post
    Read the article.
    And no u.
    The article is pretty pointless since it looks at a single country, even if we only donated half to that one country our total for 2013 was still like 30 Billion...
    Quote Originally Posted by Connal View Post
    I'd never compare him to Hitler, Hitler was actually well educated, and by all accounts pretty intelligent.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by vetinari View Post
    I always thought that the point of peace keepers was to you know, keep the peace.

Seems that Russia has been super effective.
    That is NOT how it is supposed to work...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ringpriest View Post
    I like how you immediately drop down to impugning the source and ad hominems. It really drives home how totally baseless your original lie (which you're not even pretending to defend, because its such a total load of bovine fecal matter) that, "the US provides several hundred billion dollars of humanitarian aid worldwide every year" was.

I know its asking a lot that you actually click on a link and read, but the info I quoted is all sourced from the USAID Greenbook. (As it clearly says on the Wikipedia page. Linked to them, because I used their formatting.)
    Why did Russia receive nearly a billion dollars in humanitarian aid in 2011? Is it that bad over there?
    Quote Originally Posted by Connal View Post
    I'd never compare him to Hitler, Hitler was actually well educated, and by all accounts pretty intelligent.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tierbook View Post
    The article is pretty pointless since it looks at a single country, even if we only donated half to that one country our total for 2013 was still like 30 Billion...
    ......?
    Read the article. Jesus.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tierbook View Post
    Why did Russia receive nearly a billion dollars in humanitarian aid in 2011? Is it that bad over there?
    Well, "bad" in the sense that Putin's government fails to hop when Washington DC says, "frog", yeah... As I've said before, a lot of US foreign aid, particularly that delivered through USAID is actually directed at regime change...

From Bloomberg:
    Why did the U.S. Agency for International Development "secretly infiltrate Cuba's underground hip-hop movement, recruiting unwitting rappers to spark a youth movement against the government," as the AP reported yesterday?
    And that was far from USAID's only attempt
    Over at least two years, the U.S. Agency for International Development — best known for overseeing billions of dollars in U.S. humanitarian aid — sent nearly a dozen neophytes from Venezuela, Costa Rica and Peru to gin up opposition in Cuba. The danger was apparent to USAID, if not to the young operatives: A USAID contractor, American Alan Gross, had just been hauled away to a Cuban jail for smuggling in sensitive technology. He remains there still.

USAID hired Creative Associates International, a Washington-based company, as part of a civil society program against Cuba's communist government. The same company was central to the creation of a "Cuban Twitter" — a messaging network revealed in April by The Associated Press, designed to reach hundreds of thousands of Cubans.

According to internal documents obtained by the AP and interviews in six countries, USAID's young operatives posed as tourists, visited college campuses and used a ruse that could undermine USAID's credibility in critical health work around the world: An HIV-prevention workshop one called the "perfect excuse" to recruit political activists, according to a report by Murillo's group. For all the risks, some travelers were paid as little as $5.41 an hour.
    That probably explains why the Russian government kicked USAID out in 2012. I'm no fan of Putin's governing style, or where he's taken Russia, but I think its fair to point out that any government would (justifiably) boot an organization that claimed it was about "aid" but had a habit of breaking the law, and attempted to overthrow governments (however clumsily).
    "In today’s America, conservatives who actually want to conserve are as rare as liberals who actually want to liberate. The once-significant language of an earlier era has had the meaning sucked right out of it, the better to serve as camouflage for a kleptocratic feeding frenzy in which both establishment parties participate with equal abandon" (Taking a break from the criminal, incompetent liars at the NSA, to bring you the above political observation, from The Archdruid Report.)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ringpriest View Post
    Well, "bad" in the sense that Putin's government fails to hop when Washington DC says, "frog", yeah... As I've said before, a lot of US foreign aid, particularly that delivered through USAID is actually directed at regime change...

From Bloomberg:

And that was far from USAID's only attempt

That probably explains why the Russian government kicked USAID out in 2012. I'm no fan of Putin's governing style, or where he's taken Russia, but I think its fair to point out that any government would (justifiably) boot an organization that claimed it was about "aid" but had a habit of breaking the law, and attempted to overthrow governments (however clumsily).
    Overthrowing governments is far different than trying to influence a population, which is what USAID was and will continue to do. The fact USAID was in Russia since the USSR fell all the way until 2012 shows you how pathetic the Russian government was and is. Over $3 billion in aid just to Russia, and pry most of it was stolen by Putin and his cronies... When you invite a foreign government in to help you openly, expect their to be some form of coercion involved. At least the US doesn't invade and annex sovereign nations. Consider yourselves lucky to get a dime from the US after the BS the USSR pulled.

Quote Originally Posted by The Iron Fist View Post
    Overthrowing governments is far different than trying to influence a population, which is what USAID was and will continue to do. The fact USAID was in Russia since the USSR fell all the way until 2012 shows you how pathetic the Russian government was and is. Over $3 billion in aid just to Russia, and pry most of it was stolen by Putin and his cronies... When you invite a foreign government in to help you openly, expect their to be some form of coercion involved. At least the US doesn't invade and annex sovereign nations. Consider yourselves lucky to get a dime from the US after the BS the USSR pulled.
    Keep posting you mantra.

Deleted
    Overthrowing governments is far different than trying to influence a population, which is what USAID was and will continue to do.
    Oh really, and why should they influence a population? Surely it's not because they want the regime change. No.

At least the US doesn't invade and annex sovereign nations.
    Hahahahahaha

10+ Year Old Account
    "Influence a population" (with the explicit intent of overthrowing the existing government) is still fomenting revolution, and arguably an act of war.

1992-2012 is twenty years. With the $3 billion you stated, that's... $150 million per year. Or, roughly $1 per year, per Russian. And why would Putin and his siloviki need to loot it? They got plenty from looting Russia itself.

I'm also unsure why people seem to think the fact that the US invades and wrecks countries, then turns its back and walks away whistling smugly from the smouldering remains of what used to be a functional nation is somehow more admirable than taking them over. (Not that the latter is particularly better, but its like watching someone brag that they're just a murderer, not a kidnapper and rapist... )

And finally, "yourselves"? I'm an American citizen and think my government has its priorities deeply screwed up. I'd have been perfectly happy to see the US give Russia nothing but good advice and fair trade after the Soviet collapse, and would still be very glad to see us fall back to "Peace, commerce, and honest friendship with all nations-entangling alliances with none" along with "defense at the coastline and nothing else". (I'm slightly waffley on the last one - I don't really see anything wrong with commerce protection, but I wouldn't trust any recent US government to stick to that limit if you arc-welded them to it.)
    "In today’s America, conservatives who actually want to conserve are as rare as liberals who actually want to liberate. The once-significant language of an earlier era has had the meaning sucked right out of it, the better to serve as camouflage for a kleptocratic feeding frenzy in which both establishment parties participate with equal abandon" (Taking a break from the criminal, incompetent liars at the NSA, to bring you the above political observation, from The Archdruid Report.)

Deleted
    Hypocrisy at its finest.

Quote Originally Posted by Djalil View Post
    Hypocrisy at its finest.
    Yes, that coming from a guy that is shouting "critical thinking" all the time. That coming from a guy that talks about "brainwashed" Russians ever so often. I think Iron Fist should stop being brainwashed himself and start his own critical thinking. Everything he says is refuted and then he answers: "but maybe, sometime, somewhere, somewhat my NOW stated 'fact' can become true (or not). I link this for future reference...". That doesn't matter, what he claims to be a "fact" can be proven to be not true.

In other news: ex-minister of foreign affairs and ex-ambassador to Holland Borys Tarasyuk demands that the Netherlands supply the Ukrainian army with weapons in return for the assistance they gave after the MH17 incident. Here the article.
    Last edited by TooMuch; 2015-02-20 at 08:10 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    LMFAO! Look at the Kremlin Krew pounce. Working themselves into a frenzy. Hilarious.

Echoing all the same things they've said page after page after page. I hope you're not all a reflection of the general Russian populace, or this will no doubt end in war...

Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    Wait.. You claimed Russia said they would veto it.
    People proved you wrong because no such thing has been said.
    Now you attack others on their intelligence?

You lost. You lied. Deal with it.
    I love how he argues about focusing on semantics when his points are all based on semantics. Truly gold stuff here.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sting View Post
    I'm done here, why did I actually bother to give a serious reply on page 1 I guess this is a perfect example of why discussions on the internet are so fucking pointless
    Overthrowing governments is far different than trying to influence a population

At least the US doesn't invade and annex sovereign nations.
    Almost worthy of joining the other quote in my sig.

15+ Year Old Account
    As is pro-russians denying Chrimea
    But soon after Mr Xi secured a third term, Apple released a new version of the feature in China, limiting its scope. Now Chinese users of iPhones and other Apple devices are restricted to a 10-minute window when receiving files from people who are not listed as a contact. After 10 minutes, users can only receive files from contacts.
    Apple did not explain why the update was first introduced in China, but over the years, the tech giant has been criticised for appeasing Beijing.

One of the promises made by Poroshenko half a year ago (Ukranian media, russian language): "There will be no peace-keeping forces in Ukraine"

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Keeponrage View Post
    One of the promises made by Poroshenko half a year ago (Ukranian media, russian language): "There will be no peace-keeping forces in Ukraine"
    And there won't be any peacekeepers, because he doesn't want UN Blue Helmets, but "EU peacekeepers". And that's not going to happen.

The Unstoppable Force Elim Garak's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bakis View Post
    As is pro-russians denying Chrimea
    No one even knows what it is, but you apparently
    All right, gentleperchildren, let's review. The year is 2024 - that's two-zero-two-four, as in the 21st Century's perfect vision - and I am sorry to say the world has become a pussy-whipped, Brady Bunch version of itself, run by a bunch of still-masked clots ridden infertile senile sissies who want the Last Ukrainian to die so they can get on with the War on China, with some middle-eastern genocide on the side

Quote Originally Posted by Keeponrage View Post
    He also said that the military operation in Donbass would be over in a couple of weeks.
    He also said that he would sell his dirty business.
    He also said that the war will not keep him from enacting reforms.

The list of his lies goes on and on.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by vetinari View Post
    Is there fighting happening over in moldova/georgia?

Because it seems that the peace is well and truly kept.
    So oppression is peace? There is no fighting because all opposition to russian influence has been eliminated by military force. Russia, like a parasite burrowed its way into another country's conflict and turned it into a corpse marionette with no future.
    Take a gander into how the Georgians and Moldovans in the region were treated after the occupation, things were done to them that russians in the region never suffered.