Page 33 of 43 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    can someone link me a up to date Retri simcraft apl that includes 4 piece t18, have just returned to the game.
    Last edited by mmocd4ec4975eb; 2016-01-20 at 12:30 PM.

Is there anyway to make holy avenger pop up only when targeting a boss?
    Last edited by Bixtar; 2016-01-21 at 04:48 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Nevia View Post
    can someone link me a up to date Retri simcraft apl that includes 4 piece t18, have just returned to the game.
    You can view the source code for simc the ret apl here
    https://github.com/simulationcraft/s...tion_T18M.simc

.. but probably you want to download a beta/nightly build of 6.2.3 r2 and just run that (the current oct 2015 release 6.2.3 r1 doesn't include heirlooms or upgrades) from here
    http://downloads.simulationcraft.org/?C=M;O=D

Hey Hekili,
    Kinda late to the ret party, I was looking at both this and clcret trying to figure out which is the best option for me. I have a quick question for you. does your addon take stats like a mini-simulation pr is it more of a pre-determined priority list? if it is the latter, can we adjust priorities, and do you know if there is a source out there what talks about differing priorities based on gear level and talents? I know simcraft has a suedo-priority list but it is kinda a pain to dig through so I was wondering if there was a simpler way.

Thanks a bunch and keep up the good work! <3

---- Edit ----

I see there is a place in the menu where you can poast the SimCraft APL. I'm assuming this would basically answer my question and allow for a personalized priority list? If so where in the SimCraft results do i copy from and in what entirety?
    Last edited by Donimic; 2016-01-24 at 01:51 AM.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Donimic View Post
    Hey Hekili,
    Kinda late to the ret party, I was looking at both this and clcret trying to figure out which is the best option for me. I have a quick question for you. does your addon take stats like a mini-simulation pr is it more of a pre-determined priority list? if it is the latter, can we adjust priorities, and do you know if there is a source out there what talks about differing priorities based on gear level and talents? I know simcraft has a suedo-priority list but it is kinda a pain to dig through so I was wondering if there was a simpler way.

Thanks a bunch and keep up the good work! <3

---- Edit ----

I see there is a place in the menu where you can poast the SimCraft APL. I'm assuming this would basically answer my question and allow for a personalized priority list? If so where in the SimCraft results do i copy from and in what entirety?
    why would you adjust the SC priority list?

Hey Hekili,
    Kinda late to the ret party, I was looking at both this and clcret trying to figure out which is the best option for me. I have a quick question for you. does your addon take stats like a mini-simulation pr is it more of a pre-determined priority list?
    It's based off the action lists from SimulationCraft.

if it is the latter, can we adjust priorities, and do you know if there is a source out there what talks about differing priorities based on gear level and talents?
    The SimulationCraft priority lists typically are designed to work regardless of gearing or talents. Otherwise, importing your own character into SimC wouldn't give you useful output.

I know simcraft has a suedo-priority list but it is kinda a pain to dig through so I was wondering if there was a simpler way.
    It's all editable in the Hekili UI. It uses syntax very similar to SimC, so if SimC is challenging, so will this addon.

---- Edit ----

https://medium.com/@hekili/starting-...12b#.n3smm2vcg

You can literally just copy and paste the entire character profile from SimulationCraft and it will strip out anything that's not part of an actual action list.
    Author, Hekili, a priority helper addon.

Quote Originally Posted by Hekili View Post
    It's based off the action lists from SimulationCraft.
    The SimulationCraft priority lists typically are designed to work regardless of gearing or talents. Otherwise, importing your own character into SimC wouldn't give you useful output.
    I primarly ask because sins are putting Execution sentence as the best talent in that teir and it comes up on the SimCraft priority list but when i am specced for it it does not come up on the priority list is this because you have it coded as a situation spell?

I primarly ask because sins are putting Execution sentence as the best talent in that teir and it comes up on the SimCraft priority list but when i am specced for it it does not come up on the priority list is this because you have it coded as a situation spell?
    There are a few things to consider:

1. There is a toggle for showing/hiding your T90 abilities. If it's off, you won't see Execution Sentence.

2. There are two entries for Execution Sentence in the Ret: Default action list. The first simply checks to see if you have your T90 talents turned on (see #1) and that you don't have Seraphim talented. If those criteria are met, ES shows on cooldown. The second entry checks to see your T90 talents are turned on, you have Seraphim talented, and Seraphim is *ready* (you have resources, you are in range, etc.). If those conditions are met, Execution Sentence will show.

I am going to make an effort to push updated action lists and a few minor bugfixes this evening, so you may want to look for an alpha version late tonight or tomorrow.

edit: Running behind, haven't posted a new version yet. Will post here when it's up (tonight, tomorrow...).
    Last edited by Hekili; 2016-01-26 at 03:02 PM.

Deleted
    Hello i am a Hekili Newbie, how i should config my Hekili with a t18 2er Bonus and Seraphim?

Deleted
    I'll look into it. What talents are you using? I fixed this issue before, but I suppose I must've decided to break it again.
    Hi sorry for the late reply but I got it working myself....was working on an outdated version. Also wanted to say a thank you for the addon. It helped me learn the "feel" of the spec and now I can play without it! Thanks a million :-D

Ok, new beta version is posted with updates to all the DPS action lists (latest SimulationCraft build). Additionally, a bug is fixed with the Protection Paladin AOE display so it actually works properly now.

Lastly, tank specializations now count anything that is punching them in the face as an enemy, so you don't have to mash HotR to tell the addon they're there.

Just updated and there seems to be a problem. The "Execution Sentence" and "Light's Hammer" actions are missing the toggle.cooldowns condition. Or is that intended?

Quote Originally Posted by thebdc View Post
    Just updated and there seems to be a problem. The "Execution Sentence" and "Light's Hammer" actions are missing the toggle.cooldowns condition. Or is that intended?
    Intended (and been that way for a while).

Paladin T90 talents have their own toggle under Class Settings.

I see, thanks for the info.

Hey Hekili, love the addon =}
    I know Alpha ret changes quite a bit with each new build, but from what I've gathered, the spec won't be a Las Vegas slot machine (pic related)
    imgur.com/4UyWMFV.png

I know it's still early, but is there anything you can tell us about the addon in 7.0? What can we expect in terms of functionality & features? I'm no developer, but if I had to guess, less slot machine procs = less work for the addon.
    Last edited by ruskielust; 2016-02-29 at 03:54 AM. Reason: spelling

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ruskielust View Post
    I know it's still early, but is there anything you can tell us about the addon in 7.0? What can we expect in terms of functionality & features? I'm no developer, but if I had to guess, less slot machine procs = less work for the addon.
    The way the addon is designed at the moment, Hekili tells it what everything does (eg Zeal generates stacks of the haste buff, has this basic cooldown, costs this much mana, and generates this much HP), and how to read a SimCraft priority list. All you do then is import said priority list, and you're good to go.

Given this, I would assume there's little need to change anything beyond keeping it updated.

It might be possible to make it use fewer resources though: we've no seals or raid buffs to track*, and as you have to switch out talents to have any AE rotation at all you probably (probably!) don't need both ST and AE priority lists on screen at once: just keep one, and hit DS when it says TV if you can see 3+ mobs in range (or whatever the minimum number is). Other specs & classes may want to watch both ST and AE priority lists, but I think that, as it stands at least, Ret can get away with just staring at the one.

*Personally I would have it not bother tracking Greater Blessings. Unless Hekili can check the entire raid to see how many people have our personal GBoM on them, and then tell us "Joe Bloggs has lost his GBoM", it's probably best just to leave it out altogether and assume Rets know how to count to three . If you really want to track Greater Blessings, I think Weak Auras, clcinfo and such will work better.

Hm. Okay.

So yes, I intend to keep up the addon fully for Legion. I've been doing some of the groundwork, but Teleros is correct that it's largely a matter of upkeep to make sure each spell operates the way it is intended.

Major planned changes are to reduce the addon engine's workload a bit, reducing CPU usage. Instead of polling the game's actual state multiple times a second no matter what's going on, the engine will be event driven and only purge and update what needs to be updated. Right now, the addon constructs a fresh game state frequently and then modifies that recorded state based on ability usage and stuff like buffs falling off, resource gains, etc. By 7.0, it will just maintain a copy of the game's state and then the future prediction and modifications will be kept separately.

Spells with travel times will have better support (though this impacts other classes more than Paladins), in that the addon's predictions will factor in what happens the instant an ability fires vs. what happens when the ability hits the target.

As far as having two displays by default and whether that's necessary, up to this point it is an accurate criticism that you just sort of swap TV vs. DS with the single-target priority. That's not necessarily always going to be true, and I'm sort of sticking with a default configuration so that people who use the addon for multiple classes or specs see something familiar when they get started. That said, the addon is fully intended to be user-customized though the vast majority of users have not figured out the confusing options, so I also intend to streamline some options to simplify things a bit. It's a good time to send me your wishlists for customization though, because I can include a set of "Advanced Options" in case there are important features.

I have a few other features planned that I don't want to reveal in case they don't pan out. I'll just say that a visual queue of icons isn't necessarily the only way (or the best way) to provide useful recommendations about what abilities one probably wants to use. It might be nice if there were other display options from which to choose.

It also might be nice to be able to tweak ability code from in-game, but that's one of those things that maybe only I would end up using, so that might not make the cut.

Oh, and I'll probably finally incorporate showing abilities' keybindings because that's overdue. And probably tag more ability types (cooldowns vs. buffs vs. rotational) and allow things like Greater Blessings to be toggled off since a lot of people don't want to see them at all.

Hekili, you rock. I'm gonna download this as soon as I get home. I don't really have any problems with my DPS on any of the classes it supports, but it is always nice to make sure I am playing optimally.

Also, do you have any plans for adding more classes in the future? (Warlock, for example.)

Quote Originally Posted by G3 Ghost View Post
    Hekili, you rock. I'm gonna download this as soon as I get home. I don't really have any problems with my DPS on any of the classes it supports, but it is always nice to make sure I am playing optimally.

Also, do you have any plans for adding more classes in the future? (Warlock, for example.)
    Thanks. I'd like the addon to work with more classes. It's just a matter of workload. I try to avoid letting the addon make bad decisions. I'm one person and there are a lot of specializations to support. I feel bad when the addon makes bad recommendations, and I'm limited to testing classes that I actually take to level cap. I have a Shaman, Paladin, Monk, and Hunter at 100, and that's conveniently what is supported right now. Artifacts are going to make testing additionally difficult in Legion, or at least more time consuming.

I do miss my Shadow Priest and my Warlock, though.

In all seriousness, the class most-likely to gain support is Warrior, because I've spent a lot of time resolving the issue that prevent modeling rage gains accurately. (Gonna need that when Shamans become rage...er, maelstrom-based in Legion.)

From a design perspective, it is incredibly easy to tell you what ability to press right now. It gets more complicated when you are trying to figure out what to recommend next, or even 3 GCDs from now, and you have to factor in the previous abilities used, whether you likely have gained some resources from smacking around your enemy a little bit, and whether you have buffs that will have fallen off.

7+ Year Old Account
    As far as having two displays by default and whether that's necessary, up to this point it is an accurate criticism that you just sort of swap TV vs. DS with the single-target priority. That's not necessarily always going to be true, and I'm sort of sticking with a default configuration so that people who use the addon for multiple classes or specs see something familiar when they get started. That said, the addon is fully intended to be user-customized though the vast majority of users have not figured out the confusing options, so I also intend to streamline some options to simplify things a bit. It's a good time to send me your wishlists for customization though, because I can include a set of "Advanced Options" in case there are important features.
    *Cracks knuckles...*

Just kidding, I can't actually think of much more than the addon needs. Buff and resource management frankly can be handled just fine by plenty of other addons, and Hekili is IMHO great at what it does, which is handling your rotation.

The biggest addition I can suggest is actually something few (if any) players will need, and that's some means of automated the data collection for new classes and specs. I know I did some stuff for mages a while back, but manually getting all the data is, let's face it, a pain in the posterior. But if you could just get a frost mage at L110 to select each talent and do /hekilidownload or whatever, then send you the files...?