Poll: Are you happy with Arms?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Why did they bring back Rend and get rid of Overpower? Also what was wrong with Heroic Strike? I understand ability pruning to get rid of unnecessary abilities, but Blizz went overboard. Maybe they wanted it to be more like GW2 and Wildstar with fewer buttons to press. Well GW2 and Wildstar Warrior game play were both a shit ton more fun than Arms right now. Arms is like playing a level 2 Warrior in GW2.

I've always been of the opinion Arms is made up for PvP, most likely because of the long rank grind in Vanilla where Fury really was the only alternative for strong raid dps. I assume this is only a thing I've put in my head, but it's also the reason I much prefer arms as it is right now with the exception of missing both HS and OP. I can however understand HS is removed with the current rage income system.

I'm happy with arms in PvE, I just wish I didn't have to play it on so many bosses where in my head fury should be superior (cleave fights). I hope they just increase the single target dps slightly and fix rend so it doesn't stay completly insane, at the same time as they completly rework fury with this stupid enrage mechanism.
    <Progress> - Firemaw EU

10+ Year Old Account
    I think they should:
    -Make whirlwind a 4-6 second cooldown and does much more damage, costs 30 rage.
    -Mortal strike is a free cast (no rage cost or rage generation) and does solid damage, 6 second cooldown.
    -Rend no longer generates rage but instead generates an overpower charge, ticks every 3 seconds (overpower costing no rage).
    -Overpower costs 30 rage, does big damage and has no CD.
    -Colossus smash generates 30 rage, cooldown around 10-15 seconds.
    All abilities are on the same GCD except Colossus smash.

Hopefully something like this would help arms really feel like arms again. Lots of auto attacks and not much ability use, but when you do it does huge damage.
    What arms needs is its abilities to do big damage, but with big cooldowns or cool-off periods.
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...inder/advanced
    Quote Originally Posted by Boubouille View Post
    The expansion is not The Dark Below.
    Quote Originally Posted by Boubouille View Post
    Also, the expansion is not Corgis Unleashed either.

I played prot as ms until Wrath and fury/prot until mop. I tried arms out in cata but didn't like the spec or rather I didn't spend enough time with it to be proficient until the last iteration of it in MoP. So i may have a biased view on the spec as a whole but the thing I dislike the most about arms atm is we have colossus smash which means we should be dumping attacks inside of that debuff but there's nothing to do besides ww, rend, and ms. There is no urgency to the CS debuff. I get what Blizz is trying for by taking aspects of other games and implementing them into their own, but arms was already low on the # of abilities compared to a large majority of other classes, arms didn't need a massive pruning. I really liked the last iteration of arms and I'm well aware that I don't speak for the community as a whole, but arms used to have a flow and now it just feels like whack-a-mole especially with the removal of HS, overpower, and slam (unless speced) there is just no urgency to the CS debuff. The numbers are great but it feels so boring that I would rather spend the rest of WoD doing archeology, leveling new toons and maxing their archeology again and again than play arms in its current form.

Remove sweeping strikes (I thought getting rid of shallow abilities was a focus point of the prune anyhow?), replace it with a revamped version of Overpower that can be used as a nice rage spender for ST rather than lolwind.

Deleted
    It's kind of simple. Make ww sepparate. Put overpower as a single target filler costing 30 rage. Rend ticks make your next overpower have a cheaper rage cost.

Fixes a few things.
    First of all: No more qq about we want overpower back
    Second: This makes rage management still important.
    Third: It still makes overpower being used as a filler if you want to spend rage in between rend ticks.
    Fourth: This makes rend feels more integrated to the rotation as a whole without the need to be forced to put on the target first.

With that. Remove slam from the game. As it is uninteresting in it's current state. Instead make a talent that does something with overpower instead. Like. Giving it a modifier so it deals more damage when cs is up. (like the old slam.)

I personally think Execute should be our ST filler. Of all the spells to turn into a filler, especially considering their goal of "slow heavy hits", surely Execute is the perfect ability to pick? Instead they went for fucking whirlwind. :s

I'd rather play cata/mop arms any day. I don't even touch my warrior anymore its painful... I might try fury but yeah.... I miss everything.. heroic strikes, overpower, (NO WHIRLWIND SPAM) etc...

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Pinka View Post
    It's kind of simple. Make ww sepparate. Put overpower as a single target filler costing 30 rage. Rend ticks make your next overpower have a cheaper rage cost.

Fixes a few things.
    First of all: No more qq about we want overpower back
    Second: This makes rage management still important.
    Third: It still makes overpower being used as a filler if you want to spend rage in between rend ticks.
    Fourth: This makes rend feels more integrated to the rotation as a whole without the need to be forced to put on the target first.

With that. Remove slam from the game. As it is uninteresting in it's current state. Instead make a talent that does something with overpower instead. Like. Giving it a modifier so it deals more damage when cs is up. (like the old slam.)
    I wouldn't even bring back Overpower at this point. Only real usage is to put a dent in Rogues, but we'd need so much more for this, namely them losing Burst of Speed.

To fix single target, bring back Heroic Strike. Done.
    If they don't want to change kits around too much that is.

That being said, if I'd ever get back TfB Overpower I'll be happy beyond any possible imagination, but in this month I lost my drive to hope for good things.

Quote Originally Posted by fjeenzy View Post
    I've always been of the opinion Arms is made up for PvP, most likely because of the long rank grind in Vanilla where Fury really was the only alternative for strong raid dps. I assume this is only a thing I've put in my head, but it's also the reason I much prefer arms as it is right now with the exception of missing both HS and OP. I can however understand HS is removed with the current rage income system.

I'm happy with arms in PvE, I just wish I didn't have to play it on so many bosses where in my head fury should be superior (cleave fights). I hope they just increase the single target dps slightly and fix rend so it doesn't stay completly insane, at the same time as they completly rework fury with this stupid enrage mechanism.
    Yea arms was the goto. I used a spinal reaper. Once I got r14 I went fury tho, the gear was very good for raiding even, I didnt replace most of it till aq40/naxx 40. Let this video refresh your memory.

On topic, I originally thought arms was a trash rotation, while I still feel its trash for single target right now playstyle wise, its ok during aoe fights.

I've never been a big fan of arms. Always played prot/fury. I recently changed my offspec to arms because fury is pretty depressing right now, and I was blown away. I spent 5 minutes flipping through my spellbook trying to account for how half of my primary keybinds were empty. People complaining that the spec is butchered and empty are not kidding. The most challenging thing has been minor UI adjustments to track rend a little more clearly on multiple targets, but I'm told that's not even too important to get right.

After playing gladiator at 90ish apm, arms is giving me an anxiety attack because it feels so wrong to be doing so much nothing all the time. Combine that with no interactions, procs, or fun, and I'd give 6.0 arms a solid 1/10. The 1 is for hilarious AE burst on trash packs. Hooray for complexity through talents! I will grudgingly play this if I can crush the hopes and dreams of my gladiator/fury teammates on tectus/brack/twins, but otherwise no thanks.

I don't know, on my gear level Arms has already gone from "pool rage as much as possible for every colossus" to "don't let the rage cap - spam more WW". It's still slow on the execute range though, but overall I don't have to wait that much anymore. If it's a cleave fight I have zero downtime basically due to sweeping strikes glyph refund and a TFB rend on two targets.

Spamming WW doesn't make it that fun though, since it feels like a wet noodle, especially without CS.

Also I hate the fact that enrage is not part of Arms anymore, so while you can use the enrage glyphs on Arms, they won't work (since you can't gain enrage anymore). Also I've noticed that since the Enrage effect got extended from 6s to 8s, they didn't fix the glyphs. At least the catching fire during enrage seems to only last 6 seconds even when enrage is longer.
    Last edited by Kankipappa; 2014-12-20 at 07:00 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    poll been up for 2 weeks, "Yes" never went above 18%

it's so sad how out of touch these people are

Quote Originally Posted by Gandrake View Post
    poll been up for 2 weeks, "Yes" never went above 18%

it's so sad how out of touch these people are
    A single thread on MMO-Champ doesn't really constitute as being a sizable sample size.

But that's just my logic butting its head in. Don't mind me.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tenant View Post
    A single thread on MMO-Champ doesn't really constitute as being a sizable sample size.
    if Warrior is one of the most popular classes, and there are 10 million players playing the game, and most players don't even know what the hell a forum is, I have more than 500 players expressing their thoughts with more than 80% saying Arms was designed like dogshit and I'm willing to bet a hefty chunk of the other 15% at least wish that Whirlwind was not their filler which honestly just makes my point all that stronger

but yeah you go on with your logic

literally every warrior i have talked to since the prepatch dropped has been like "LOL ARMS". Bahjeera didn't even think it was finished when he played it on the Beta. Swifty said he tried Arms Warrior PvP on the Beta and said "in all honesty, I am not having fun playing Arms". Asmongold, the recruitment officer of Indestructible (US 50 last time I checked) ranted about how upset he was with Arms. Jalopy and Archimtiros, who write and maintain guides for this community and help players for free at sentry totem disapprove of the current Arms design. Collision too, and pretty much anyone who frequents @Day.

the most support we can get on a single post on the official forums is of a guy aboslutely losing his shit because people genuinely believe that Blizzard does not give a fuck and that voicing their opinions will not change anything.

I've done my research, I have talked to and listened to players, I know what I am talking about.
    Last edited by Gandrake; 2014-12-22 at 12:55 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Gandrake View Post
    if Warrior is one of the most popular classes, and there are 10 million players playing the game, and most players don't even know what the hell a forum is, I have more than 500 players expressing their thoughts with more than 80% saying Arms was designed like dogshit and I'm willing to bet a hefty chunk of the other 15% at least wish that Whirlwind was not their filler which honestly just makes my point all that stronger

but yeah you go on with your logic

literally every warrior i have talked to since the prepatch dropped has been like "LOL ARMS". Bahjeera didn't even think it was finished when he played it on the Beta. Swifty said he tried Arms Warrior PvP on the Beta and said "in all honesty, I am not having fun playing Arms". Asmongold, the recruitment officer of Indestructible (US 50 last time I checked) ranted about how upset he was with Arms. Jalopy and Archimtiros, who write and maintain guides for this community and help players for free at sentry totem disapprove of the current Arms design. Collision too, and pretty much anyone who frequents @Day.

the most support we can get on a single post on the official forums is of a guy aboslutely losing his shit because people genuinely believe that Blizzard does not give a fuck and that voicing their opinions will not change anything.

I've done my research, I have talked to and listened to players, I know what I am talking about.
    I never said I disagreed with issues surrounding Arms, seeing as how my response probably made you think otherwise.

What I noticed is that you seem to just be using this thread as a circlejerk/positive-reinforcement loop to tide yourself over. It's not very healthy, especially since it causes cases like this when you think this microscopically small circle of players represents the end-all-be-all.

I know you and a lot of others will probably just see red when you read my post, but this sort of attitude just gets you burnt out of the game really fast. Unless that's your goal, for whatever reason.

Quote Originally Posted by Maythael View Post
    I personally think Execute should be our ST filler. Of all the spells to turn into a filler, especially considering their goal of "slow heavy hits", surely Execute is the perfect ability to pick? Instead they went for fucking whirlwind. :s
    For execute to be the filler, just have it available all the time, but do 50% damage above 20% health. I think they tried this one time.

Arms hasn't been good imo since Dragon Soul. Fucking ruined it in MoP.

Deleted
    Arms was immensly awesome in Cataclysm, I remember it not being insanely OP, but on par with other specs.
    Arms right now is dull as hell, I mean, 30% of your time spend 'waiting'. Seriously, Blizzard?
    It might not seem like much, but every single minute you spend roughly 20 seconds doing nothing..

I think the larger portion of the warrior community is unhappy with arms. I also think that there are many many players regardless of what class they play that identify with a "main" toon and will continue to trudge on and play that toon regardless of how shitty it becomes. I love my warrior and can not for the life of me get into playing the other classes. I've tried many times but, nothing else has been as fun or means as much due to the time investment I have in my warrior. I've spent a great deal of time learning to master all 3 specs and going over talents/abilities for every situation and pouring over these very forums to find every little tidbit that can make me a better warrior. In the end we've seen how much good it does or does not do to give our feed back and complaints to Blizzard. Will they fix it? probably. Will it be soon? I don't count on it. I will continue to play my warrior regardless though.