You get 8 tomes per full reward track and it takes 40 wins to complete one reward track. You also get them from rank up chests though so yeah you get quite a lot of them.
    In most cases, I understand the other side's viewpoint and how they came to it, but cannot tolerate their stubbornness to not see mine (the right one).

Quote Originally Posted by Meledelion View Post
    You get 8 tomes per full reward track and it takes 40 wins to complete one reward track. You also get them from rank up chests though so yeah you get quite a lot of them.
    So PvPers who technically don't need lv.80 characters (because of normalization) get the tomes to level up their character without the need to play PvE content at all... I'm confused. Why could this be a good idea? hmmm

I have no clue, I take it you remember me complaining (at length) about PvPers getting PvE rewards which they don't want/need?
    In most cases, I understand the other side's viewpoint and how they came to it, but cannot tolerate their stubbornness to not see mine (the right one).

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Maarius View Post
    So PvPers who technically don't need lv.80 characters (because of normalization) get the tomes to level up their character without the need to play PvE content at all... I'm confused. Why could this be a good idea? hmmm
    Most likely because there are more PvP players that play other aspects of the game than those that PvP only.
    Valar morghulis

Quote Originally Posted by Arlee View Post
    What? With the specific thing I'm talking about there the heart text which was in the upper right hand corner of the screen said "feed the cows and water the plants" and if you looked for five seconds you'd see bags of feed and water pails. How is that at all confusing?

- - - Updated - - -

What? With the specific thing I'm talking about there the heart text which was in the upper right hand corner of the screen said "feed the cows and water the plants" and if you looked for five seconds you'd see bags of feed and water pails. How is that at all confusing?
    And the biggest problem is if you're going to chew people's food for them here, they're still going to at some point have to deal with OMG ALL MY SKILLS CHANGED TO OTHER SKILLS WHAT DO I DO BETTER UNINSTALL sometime, unless you decide to lobotomize the entire game to prevent the off chance they ever have to learn something. I feel like they're making the intro to the game cater to people who are never going to like the game anyways.
    Last edited by Rukh; 2014-09-12 at 05:57 PM.
    While you live, shine / Have no grief at all / Life exists only for a short while / And time demands its toll.

Quote Originally Posted by Karizee View Post
    Most likely because there are more PvP players that play other aspects of the game than those that PvP only.
    I get that, but does it make sense to skip large parts of the PvE world because you played a lot of PvP? I'm all for cosmetic rewards for PvPers but I don't see the value of skipping levels fast.

- - - Updated - - -

hmm, thought about it and it does make sense to me now. A sPvP character you take into the PvE world is still the same character. Players get familiar with that character and get better with it, so why shouldn't he level up while doing sPvP? You also get the loot-bags from the reward tracks so it only makes sense that the character has the appropriate level to equip the new stuff. Technically you don't skip areas but levels, so everything is still open for exploration.

What I still don't like though: creating a new character and leveling this one with the levelup tomes. Having no experience with a profession shouldn't make it possible to skip levels. On the other hand: if one has already that profession as a lv.80 it should be possible to level another one of the same profession with those tomes imho.

10+ Year Old Account
    It's just an option. Yay for options \o/

But c'mon, you don't see players speed leveling in PvP since it takes longer to get a tome than it does to gain a level in open world or WvW. Don't know why you are concerned about it.
    Valar morghulis

I have no clue, I take it you remember me complaining (at length) about PvPers getting PvE rewards which they don't want/need?
    Iirc the thought process was that basically they decided they didn't like having certain rewards locked behind doing certain things. So they added PvE rewards to PvP so people who only wanted to do that wouldn't be forced to do PvE things to get stuff.

10+ Year Old Account
    Welp, they increased server capacity again. Glad to see they didn't lift it for the Full servers. Tournament transfer prices are in effect.

The tournament has already begun in EU, screenshots of queues everywhere. Will start in another 6 hours or so for NA servers.
    Valar morghulis

Deleted
    Yeah I was 5 minutes late because I forgot. Only five minutes and the queue for EB was already at 264. The rest was at 150+ :')

Iirc the thought process was that basically they decided they didn't like having certain rewards locked behind doing certain things. So they added PvE rewards to PvP so people who only wanted to do that wouldn't be forced to do PvE things to get stuff.
    Sure but the problem is that you're not targeting PvPers in this way. What you're doing is adding rewards so more PvEers/WvWers go to PvP.
    No PvPer cares about getting levels/skill points/gold.

They're trying to remedy a big problem with PvP which is that it's simply dead, so they need to (artificially) increase the amount of players, this doesn't reward PvPers in any way though.

I'll leave it at this since I'm just repeating myself.

Yes the first levels are fast, but getting to max is a lot slower.
    1-15 is faster, but did this patch do anything to slow down leveling after 15?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by lawow74 View Post
    Just saw it posted that Blood and Madness, the Halloween event, returns on October 21st and will run until November 4th.
    So, nothing else for a month? Hrmph.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by lawow74 View Post
    Key farming never interested me, but I saw no problem for them that wanted to do it doing it. It's an understandable change since they wanna sell more keys(a high-margin profit item, those, as pointed out in the past), but customers will complain because something they had was taken away.
    Though, technically, key-farming is just slowed down. Granted I just did it once, but I still got the key at the end of the level 10 quest. So now you can't have groups finishing the thing at level 4 or whatever, they have to bang out 10 levels first. Heck, you even get loot bags.

Quote Originally Posted by Svifnymr View Post
    1-15 is faster, but did this patch do anything to slow down leveling after 15?
    With the changes to skill unlocks, traits (not this patch) and stat acquiring you simply are less powerful and thus slower.

Sure but the problem is that you're not targeting PvPers in this way. What you're doing is adding rewards so more PvEers/WvWers go to PvP.
    No PvPer cares about getting levels/skill points/gold.
    Don't you get the dungeon tokens too? I thought part of the point was so PvPers wouldn't have to do dungeons to make legendaries.

Don't you get the dungeon tokens too? I thought part of the point was so PvPers wouldn't have to do dungeons to make legendaries.
    No, you just get to pick the piece of gear you want.
    Pokemon FC: 4425-2708-3610

I received a day one ORAS demo code. I am a chosen one.

Quote Originally Posted by zito View Post
    No, you just get to pick the piece of gear you want.
    You get dungeon tokens. A completed track yields 240 tokens. They are sub reward not shown on the main reward track. Another UI failing.

I'm kind of sad that I won't be able to do the Fear mission in the personal story it seems. I never was able to do it on any character, but folks are saying it's completely gone now.
    3DS FC: 1177 - 7882 - 6112

You do but you simply don't have the gold to make one. It'll take more than a month to get 100g so yeah...

10+ Year Old Account
    Grouch discusses WvW strategy with a Blackgate commander.

http://www.twitch.tv/guildwars2/c/5110294
    Valar morghulis