Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Wilian View Post
    I'd prefer dungeons which are engaging and fun to play. If it takes longer that's not a problem.
    You and the op are in the minority. No one, and I mean almost No One wants a slow, longer dungeon. They are trying to level as fast as possible. People Leave over dungeons taking too long. You would literally be losing people left and right trying to get a slow dungeon accomplished. You would pretty much be stuck with people who do not want the deserter debuff in those. Even then,, they would do anything to speed it up.

OP: No. When I am leveling, I get enough headaches once I reach the death knight levels. A ton of people rolling dks and being horrid. Even without heirlooms, the leveling dungeons are a Joke. The only time they might be hard is if you chain pull too much.

Look, the fact is, people are leveling to get to the engaging and fun content. Leveling, the dungeons during leveling, its not the best or most fun part of wow. You want engaging and fun? Get to max. Leveling is nothing more then a stepping stone to ensure you somewhat understand basic mechanics for your class at max.
    Quote Originally Posted by scorpious1109 View Post
    Why the hell would you wait till after you did this to confirm the mortality rate of such action?

Stopped reading after I realized its about leveling.
    The game should start at max level honestly. You don't want 100 levels to take any longer than they already do.
    Owner of ONEAzerothTV
    Tanking, Blood DK Mythic+ Pugging, Soloing and WoW Challenges alongside other discussions about all things in World of Warcraft
    ONEAzerothTV

Field Marshal
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nindoriel View Post
    Why not? It was hard when I started playing.
    It was not hard, you were just not that good at the game and probably didn't know excactly what to do, since that's what being new to something is, confusing.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Thage View Post
    Because obviously that's a great plan when the devs have been mentioning since Cataclysm that they're having a lot of trouble retaining new players, who quit before level 10. That was one of the primary reasons they revamped 1-60 in the first place. Hell, even recently they've mentioned it's still a problem.

So the solution is, of course, to make the low-level game even more newbie-unfriendly so it can chase 'em away before this joke of a community has a chance to.
    Let them go. I don't care about subscriber numbers. I'd rather play a game with 100k subscribers if it means making the game better.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by pixor View Post
    I think you should blame the design of LFR there sir.
    Dungeons are like LFR now.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Eikith View Post
    It was not hard, you were just not that good at the game and probably didn't know excactly what to do, since that's what being new to something is, confusing.
    Some dungeons used to be brutal. But of course that's true, a group of new players will have a harder time than experienced players, but if a new player now does a dungeon he won't have a hard time anymore. He'll just cut through everything like butter to the point where the actual mechanics of the fight don't matter. Dungeons are like an old museum piece that you sometimes visit so you can look at it.
    Last edited by mmocedbf46d113; 2014-12-21 at 09:13 PM.

Let them go. I don't care about subscriber numbers. I'd rather play a game with 100k subscribers if it means making the game better.
    Yeah good luck making the game better or new content with no one playing and a 2 man development team.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by americandavey View Post
    Yeah good luck making the game better or new content with no one playing and a 2 man development team.
    100k is not no one. Did no one play in Vanilla? In TBC? In Wrath? Game had millions of players.

10+ Year Old Account
    100k is not no one. Did no one play in Vanilla? In TBC? In Wrath? Game had millions of players.
    Remember how the heroics were hard at the start of Cataclysm? Remember how much the subscriptions dropped?
    "We don't care what people say, we know the truth. Enough is enough with this horse s***. I am not a freak, I was born with my free gun. Don't tell me I'm less than my freedom."

Sure, make them longer and harder, but they better give me enough experience to jump up four levels in the process for a single successful run. Dungeons need to be balanced so the time you slog through it does not feel like time you wasted that you could have got done just questing. This means either keep them easy, or give a reward that fits the effort required.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Eace View Post
    Remember how the heroics were hard at the start of Cataclysm? Remember how much the subscriptions dropped?
    Subs dropped, but they also dropped during MoP and dungeons were laughably easy back then.

Hello and thank you for the feedback, beastdboy1.

Since we Blizzard representatives spend a great deal of time on this third-party forum, I am glad you decided to make your thread here. Unfortunately, I regret to inform you that we cannot fulfill your request as we are currently busy making new mounts and pets for the Blizzard Store.
    You cannot do that while stunned.
    You die.
    You are dead.

10+ Year Old Account
    Subs dropped, but they also dropped during MoP and dungeons were laughably easy back then.
    I know, but I just wanted to point out that it's equally wrong to say that subs dropped in Cataclysm because of the hard dungeons as it is to say that the subs increased in Vanilla-BC because dungeons were harder. I don't even know why you included WotLK in your list, because the dungeons were an absolute snooze-fest. (Except for HC HoR if your group wasn't good.)

OT: I'd like the occasional challenge during leveling too. But it's such a small and unimportant part of the game that I doubt they'll ever introduce anything of the sorts. Let's say you could do leveling dungeons as heroics, for example. Imagine the tuning they'd have to do every single spec in the game from 1-99 just because a small minority of players want something that's already there but at max level. Not worth the work, imo.
    Last edited by Eace; 2014-12-21 at 09:52 PM.
    "We don't care what people say, we know the truth. Enough is enough with this horse s***. I am not a freak, I was born with my free gun. Don't tell me I'm less than my freedom."

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Manabomb View Post
    TL;DR

I'm so self entitled that entry level content for nubcakes is too easy for me and ppl with max level characterz have loomz that make the entry level contentz easier. Lvling is too ez for me even tho it'z not targeted for me as a super hyper elite guy mythic raider bawsx and it needz to hardard to keep up with my skillzorz so every1 plays at my level of epic 1337ness. Loomz make the gaem 2 ez 5 me and make trivial low level content nobody should care about marginally easier by not having to rplace gear. Woe is the super hardcore needing to feel accomplished for menial tasks super elite guy is me.

*Sarcasm off*
    This. Minus the sarcasm.

Levelling dungeons are for the newer players to learn how to work in a group, not for people levelling alts to have a "challenging levelling experience". Levelling hasn't been hard since before I started playing during Wrath, deal with it. It's a chore, Blizz was nice enough to make that chore easy and take less time than it used to.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jester Joe View Post
    Brolibear!
    Quote Originally Posted by RICH816 View Post
    Ladies know and love his caaaaaause! It is the Panda with the Chainsaw claaaaaws!

If dungeons aren't challenging, you should consider looking into doing challenge modes. They are much harder, and significantly more challenging, especially if you're aiming for the timed goals

10+ Year Old Account
    A game with no new blood dies, because there's nobody to cover the people leaving to keep the money rolling in. Also, 'better' is subjective. EverQuest is harder than WoW, and hardly anybody considers it remotely relevant. Wildstar tried the harder route and it bombed. Rift sought to be harder than WoW and it went free-play before I had time to blink twice.

If you're fine with chasing off new players, keep in mind that history repeats itself. An MMO with no new players is an MMO on death watch.

- - - Updated - - -

Vanilla was easier than the competition. TBC was easier than the competition. Wrath was easy. For someone as smart as you, I'm disappointed that you seem so ready to take the sub numbers in Vanilla, TBC, and Wrath out of context of what the MMO market looked like at the time.
    Be seeing you guys on Bloodsail Buccaneers NA!

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Reading the replies, i understand why wow is what it is right now.
    will probably never change too.

there can be fun in difficult content, there can be fun in wiping and learning, at any level. Strange concept, i know. Lost in time too i guess.

Deleted
    A game with no new blood dies, because there's nobody to cover the people leaving to keep the money rolling in. Also, 'better' is subjective. EverQuest is harder than WoW, and hardly anybody considers it remotely relevant. Wildstar tried the harder route and it bombed. Rift sought to be harder than WoW and it went free-play before I had time to blink twice.

If you're fine with chasing off new players, keep in mind that history repeats itself. An MMO with no new players is an MMO on death watch.
    The game would always get new players, it just wouldn't attract players that leave after the first wipe because they have no time. I never said the game should be closed off to new players.

Vanilla was easier than the competition. TBC was easier than the competition. Wrath was easy. For someone as smart as you, I'm disappointed that you seem so ready to take the sub numbers in Vanilla, TBC, and Wrath out of context of what the MMO market looked like at the time.
    There are different reasons for why the subscriber numbers fall and rise. Do you think the game would have no subscribers if they make dungeons harder again?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Eace View Post
    I know, but I just wanted to point out that it's equally wrong to say that subs dropped in Cataclysm because of the hard dungeons as it is to say that the subs increased in Vanilla-BC because dungeons were harder. I don't even know why you included WotLK in your list, because the dungeons were an absolute snooze-fest. (Except for HC HoR if your group wasn't good.)

OT: I'd like the occasional challenge during leveling too. But it's such a small and unimportant part of the game that I doubt they'll ever introduce anything of the sorts. Let's say you could do leveling dungeons as heroics, for example. Imagine the tuning they'd have to do every single spec in the game from 1-99 just because a small minority of players want something that's already there but at max level. Not worth the work, imo.
    Dungeons in Wrath were not as hard as in TBC, but they weren't a "snoozefest" at the beginning, when everyone had 188 gear.

Usually you get into an instance within a certain level range, for example 25 to 30. The difference in power between level 25 in quest greens and level 30 in heirloom is massive. They could scale the monsters according to level&gear and increase exp for doing a scaled up version.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment

Artefacts:
    • In ordner to better fit the current post-truth zeitgeist, we are going to rename alle occurences of "artefact" into "artebelieve".

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Volibear View Post
    This. Minus the sarcasm.

Levelling dungeons are for the newer players to learn how to work in a group, not for people levelling alts to have a "challenging levelling experience". Levelling hasn't been hard since before I started playing during Wrath, deal with it. It's a chore, Blizz was nice enough to make that chore easy and take less time than it used to.
    But it's not even challenging for those players. Those newer players are still grouped with experienced players, and together they still burst through the content. If it's supposed to teach them how to play, it's not doing a good job. You learn through trial and error. Of course the dungeons shouldn't tear you a new asshole, but you don't learn if you don't wipe.

Rift sought to be harder than WoW and it went free-play before I had time to blink twice.
    Rift must be the land of milk and honey for some wow-players. I've never seen a game with that much redundance in skills. Playing rift helped me appreciate the ability pruning.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment

Artefacts:
    • In ordner to better fit the current post-truth zeitgeist, we are going to rename alle occurences of "artefact" into "artebelieve".

Quote Originally Posted by beastdboy1 View Post
    What is the point in spending so much time animating a boss, and giving him lines, then after he says them, he just dies in 1 second?
    1) Leveling is not meant to be hard, deal with it.
    2) LFD is not meant to be hard, deal with it.
    3) If you want to run harder fiveman content there's challenge modes at 100.
    4) This is not Blizzard forum and they don't give a fuck what people ask for in here.