Page 1 of 4
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Will people be requiring AOTC for BRF pugs?

Just wondering. The amount of people requiring AOTC for heroic fresh runs in my battlegroup is staggering. I think I found like one group that doesn't require it. So for the first week of BRF can I expect there to be a ton of PuGs requiring AOTC? I've been mostly casual and the farthest I've gotten in Highmaul is 6/7 heroic. Pugging is my main source of raiding at the moment.

AotC is a really common requirement because Imperator on Heroic is actually difficult for the greater majority of PUGs. Most every other boss in there on Heroic really isn't that bad in comparison. Since I imagine Blackhand will also be quite hard, it will probably also become a common requirement to have the AotC for him in Heroic PUGs that want to actually down him.

Is the sky blue?

Deleted
    Yes. People will be requiring AotC for BRF pugs. People will also not be requiring it.

Whether more people do than don't remains to be seen.

Deleted
    I'll be requiring AOTC margok along with 4/7 mythic highmaul on their main +675 ilvl on the toon they're bringing bare minimum for heroic brf pugs the first week or two until all the good people get atoc blackhand then I'll start requiring that.
    Last edited by mmocac70cfecb3; 2015-01-25 at 10:00 PM.

Deleted
    I sure as well will be, dont wana wipe all day cause of dumbasses.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by fluttershypony View Post
    I sure as well will be, dont wana wipe all day cause of dumbasses.
    You're aware that someone having AOTC doesn't mean they're not a dumbass?

I'll be requiring AOTC for Blackhand from first week when making pugs on my alt. It is just a very quick way of filtering out the endless waves of bad players. AOTC for Imp doesn't really mean much anymore when it is being sold for 20k.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Revancrest View Post
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Probability

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by AMonkeyCourier View Post
    You'd be surprised. My experience is that people, regardless of their achievments, are bad. I'll assume that until proven otherwise.

I'm more than sure there will be an even mix of those who do, and don't.

i can say for sure that an AOTC requiring group will be far less pleasant to play with than a non AOTC group.

Deleted
    Yes in Week 1 after that they will want BRF curve

Quote Originally Posted by Revancrest View Post
    This... Ive carried plenty of dumbasses thru AOTC

Quote Originally Posted by AMonkeyCourier View Post
    Probability
    This, when i played with AOTC groups, i 1-2 shoted every boss, au contraire, in non AOTC groups i've seen a lot of wipes. Im trying to gear up my alt, and for example, in tectus there are always 3-4 guys that die in the first 20 seconds of the fight... for me it's really annoying playing with people that are so bad, in AOTC groups is a lot less likely to happen.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by RoMarX View Post
    This, when i played with AOTC groups, i 1-2 shoted every boss, au contraire, in non AOTC groups i've seen a lot of wipes. Im trying to gear up my alt, and for example, in tectus there are always 3-4 guys that die in the first 20 seconds of the fight... for me it's really annoying playing with people that are so bad, in AOTC groups is a lot less likely to happen.
    It sucks for me that I've generally been stuck with groups that have been bad. I learned early on that it's a bad idea to stand between the boss and the ranged stacking on most fights but unless you've downed heroic mar'gok you have no proof you know what you're doing. I don't consider myself good but I'm not one of those morons that dies to pink mist in the first 10 seconds on tectus, I facepalm when I do see someone do that though.

PUGs will always have ridiculous requirements because they are PUGs. This has happened since their inception and it's not going to change. Why would BRF be any different?
    When we looked at the relics of the precursors, we saw the height civilization can attain.
    When we looked at their ruins, we marked the danger of that height.
    - Keeper Annals

Quote Originally Posted by carl812 View Post
    i can say for sure that an AOTC requiring group will be far less pleasant to play with than a non AOTC group.
    In your opinion maybe.

For me I'm much more likely to have a more more enjoyable time in a AOTC group.

Deleted
    Hope not.. stupid really. achievements mean very little these days (asides from those with mythics). I have 7/7 flex and 6/7 HC from pugging, killed some HC bosses countless times yet its still hard to get a IMP HC group with an ilvl close to 670!.

Majority of ach requiring groups I've encountered drop like flies and are led by someone whom was probably bullied alot in life and hasn't seen a IRL vagina. The worst are those whom require the achievement but don't have it themselves. vermin.

I don't have a problem if it will be required a lot for heroic BRF, but I am afraid (and suspect) lots will require it for NORMAL BRF .. ugh