Page 19 of 20 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Baar View Post
    Everyone I talk to that played battlefield (including the youtubers I watch for battlefield) Are ALL excited for battlefront.

The audience isn't as different as you think.
    Of course because everyone gets excited about Star Wars. Look at the flip side. How many people who are excited about Battlefront care about Battlefield? I can't speak for everyone but I am interested in SW: Battlefront but couldn't care less about Battlefield.

The Unstoppable Force Orange Joe's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Poppincaps View Post
    Of course because everyone gets excited about Star Wars. Look at the flip side. How many people who are excited about Battlefront care about Battlefield? I can't speak for everyone but I am interested in SW: Battlefront but couldn't care less about Battlefield.

These are people that couldn't give 2 shits about any other star wars game.

10+ Year Old Account
    These are people that couldn't give 2 shits about any other star wars game.
    Yes, but the Star Wars fan base is far larger than the Battlefield fan base and the franchise is incredibly well known.

Quote Originally Posted by Poppincaps View Post
    Yes, but the Star Wars fan base is far larger than the Battlefield fan base and the franchise is incredibly well known.
    And your point is? alot of fans of star wars games that i know including myself are still rather upset that all those star wars games we played the story ment dick fucking shit thanks to disney.

15+ Year Old Account
    Where ever I want, working remote is awesome.
    This is true. When I bought BF3 and BF4 it was not for the single player part. Only reason people play the single player in BF4 was for the guns in multiplayer.
    Same for me the normal single player part sucks normal people buy it for the multiplayer.

Quote Originally Posted by Zeta333 View Post
    And your point is? alot of fans of star wars games that i know including myself are still rather upset that all those star wars games we played the story ment dick fucking shit thanks to disney.
    You're really that mad that Disney told you a story you thought was good wasn't canon? Like it completely ruined a good story for you?

I don't think I need to explain to you how ridiculous this sounds. It's not like the new trilogy was going to have jack to do with the expanded universe regardless of if Disney proclaims it canon or not.

Quote Originally Posted by Tech614 View Post
    You're really that mad that Disney told you a story you thought was good wasn't canon? Like it completely ruined a good story for you?

I don't think I need to explain to you how ridiculous this sounds. It's not like the new trilogy was going to have jack to do with the expanded universe regardless of if Disney proclaims it canon or not.
    except take place in the middle of it.

Regardless why should dice invest in a story when disney will most likely just claim it doesnt matter and its pointless.

except take place in the middle of it.

Regardless why should dice invest in a story when disney will most likely just claim it doesnt matter and its pointless.
    I can tell Dice their Battlefield stories don't matter and our pointless(well outside of BC2 which actually had a decent story) will that stop them from making them?

Again you're coming with great logic. Just because something isn't 100% canon with the movies does not discredit it's story. Shadow of Mordor got praise last year for a reason.

Batman Arkham games is it's own universe not canon with any other Batman universe are the stories there pointless? Should they have just made a MP only batman game instead?

I can keep listing examples, you will keep listing excuses so let's just agree to disagree right here.

Scarab Lord Triggered Fridgekin's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Ah yes, I am totally interested in a game which epitomizes the current state of the gaming industry: Missing more than half the features of its predecessor and planned DLC out the ass while carrying a premium+ price tag.

Yet people keep buying in to it. They keep giving companies like EA money hand over fist and clap their hands together like trained seals when they're offered 'early access DLC' or whatever to cover up the fact that the base game is an empty shell.

Thanks.
    A soldier will fight long and hard for a bit of colored ribbon.

I can tell Dice their Battlefield stories don't matter and our pointless(well outside of BC2 which actually had a decent story) will that stop them from making them?

Again you're coming with great logic. Just because something isn't 100% canon with the movies does not discredit it's story. Shadow of Mordor got praise last year for a reason.

Batman Arkham games is it's own universe not canon with any other Batman universe are the stories there pointless? Should they have just made a MP only batman game instead?

I can keep listing examples, you will keep listing excuses so let's just agree to disagree right here.
    Batman a universe where literally every single movie/tv show have almost nothing to do with eachother bar the trilogy besides being based on the same caped crusader.

Batman a universe where literally every single movie/tv show have almost nothing to do with eachother bar the trilogy besides being based on the same caped crusader.
    Yet it seems you have a major problem with Disney taking the exact same stance on Star Wars, which is what it should of been in the first place instead of a cluster of 500 different peoples visions in one canon...

Shadow of mordor propably made Tolkien turn in his grave.
    I dunno, there is something about respecting the authors original work and not raping it with hollywood`esque shitty cashgrabs...

Quote Originally Posted by Xekus View Post
    Shadow of mordor propably made Tolkien turn in his grave.
    I dunno, there is something about respecting the authors original work and not raping it with hollywood`esque shitty cashgrabs...
    Over an 80 in both critic and user scores...

Seems a lot of people enjoyed the work that you call a shitty cashgrab.

Over an 80 in both critic and user scores...

Seems a lot of people enjoyed the work that you call a shitty cashgrab.
    Yes, gameplay wise.
    Storywise it was a spit inn Tolkien's face, or the LoTR world as a whole.

10+ Year Old Account
    What did I say that has anything to do with your vendetta against Disney and Star Wars? Quit trying to start shit just because you're still upset over Disney owning the rights to Star Wars.

Yet it seems you have a major problem with Disney taking the exact same stance on Star Wars, which is what it should of been in the first place instead of a cluster of 500 different peoples visions in one canon...
    It all seemed to fit together pretty well to me but then i can actually read and understand written word unlike most people who claim this.

What did I say that has anything to do with your vendetta against Disney and Star Wars? Quit trying to start shit just because you're still upset over Disney owning the rights to Star Wars.
    Sorry i dont worship disney like the brainwashed mass's do apparantly.

10+ Year Old Account
    It all seemed to fit together pretty well to me but then i can actually read and understand written word unlike most people who claim this.

Sorry i dont worship disney like the brainwashed mass's do apparantly.
    This has nothing to do with worshiping them and everything to do with how you twisted my post that had NOTHING to do with Disney and how they're handling the canon just so you could go on yet another rant about how you dislike what they are doing.

You guys act like Disney doesn't have a history of making historically good content in different genres and fields.

Quote Originally Posted by runique View Post
    You guys act like Disney doesn't have a history of making historically good content in different genres and fields.
    Disney doesn't have a history of making anything good in recent years.

The Unstoppable Force Orange Joe's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Valyrian the Eternal View Post
    Disney doesn't have a history of making anything good in recent years.

We must be seeing a different history....