Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by theWocky View Post
    not a heckuva lot of new games on the mmo scene at moment.
    Fixt. The scene itself is alive and kicking in a major way. I can hardly find the time to play my current stable of MMO's, much less try to work on my backlog of games. And with some of the upcoming expansions/updates, I doubt I'll be sleeping much. Oh well, it's a good thing I'm in one of the most caffeinated professions in the US : )

Deleted
    If you havent played it, The Secret world provides a nice break from the more traditonal MMOs.

The combat isnt anything amazing, but the skill system and the way they handle quests is just amazing, tells a proper story.

It's also the only modern day MMO that I feel has done it right.

Quote Originally Posted by VileGenesis View Post
    If you havent played it, The Secret world provides a nice break from the more traditonal MMOs.

The combat isnt anything amazing, but the skill system and the way they handle quests is just amazing, tells a proper story.

It's also the only modern day MMO that I feel has done it right.
    And they just axed mob health/damage across the board in the "leveling" zones to make combat less tedious and put more focus on the story. That and the ability to finally customize the UI elements are the best things the game has done to improve from a gameplay standpoint since the B2P transition, IMO. Been playing it a bunch recently to take advantage of the 2x AP week and it's great fun, I'm continually impressed with how great the writing and voicework is.

I definitely recommend The Secret World as well. However, a word of caution in that you feel really alone in the world. But it has arguably the best story telling of any mmo and some really interesting missions.

Quote Originally Posted by Doozerjun View Post
    I definitely recommend The Secret World as well. However, a word of caution in that you feel really alone in the world. But it has arguably the best story telling of any mmo and some really interesting missions.
    Yeah, I run across people sporadically in the older zones, but they're uncommon. Honestly, I treat it more like a single player RPG than anything else, as I've still yet to run a single dungeon. Works just fine for me, I'll figure out how to do group play when I get to endgame content : )

LotRO and STO are the really big MMORPGs out there that even after 8 and 5 years are still living, though their corporate owners continually squash their teams. Quite surprised no one mentioned them yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Valyrian Stormclaw View Post
    LotRO and STO are the really big MMORPGs out there that even after 8 and 5 years are still living, though their corporate owners continually squash their teams. Quite surprised no one mentioned them yet.
    Rumor from a supposedly confirmed ex-Turbine employee is that LotRO is hemorrhaging money. Which seems strange, because they extended the licensing deal to 2017 a year or so ago and are still putting out content updates.

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    Rumor from a supposedly confirmed ex-Turbine employee is that LotRO is hemorrhaging money. Which seems strange, because they extended the licensing deal to 2017 a year or so ago and are still putting out content updates.
    Warner Bros historically never had much faith in the MMORPG.

Warner Bros historically never had much faith in the MMORPG.
    Well, the dumped a ton of cash into two of them and have been extending license agreements for them, so they've apparently got some faith.

The Unstoppable Force Kelimbror's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quite surprised no one mentioned them yet.
    It was mentioned:
    Quote Originally Posted by Kelimbror View Post
    LotRO has never been 'big' but continues their same level of development and is moderately the same game it has always been (that's a good thing.
    BAD WOLF

Quote Originally Posted by zito View Post
    fixed tht for you

lol
    Why the Black Desert hate? From what I've seen of it so far it looks kinda promising.
    Quote Originally Posted by High Overlord Saurfang
    "I am he who watches they. I am the fist of retribution. That which does quell the recalcitrant. Dare you defy the Warchief? Dare you face my merciless judgement?"
    i7-6700 @2.8GHz | Nvidia GTX 960M | 16GB DDR4-2400MHz | 1 TB Toshiba SSD| Dell XPS 15

Quote Originally Posted by Flaks View Post
    Why the Black Desert hate? From what I've seen of it so far it looks kinda promising.
    I only know about the absurd amount of options for character creation but I'd have to guess and say it might be kind of like a really pretty game that plays like crap.

Revenue-wise, apparently after WoW, the top earners were Lineage, then TERA, then GW2, then SWTOR. Something like that.
    It baffles my mind that Lineage1 is still making that kind of money for a game that came out in like 1999 AND it was outdated garbage already back then even. (Bad memories of the English alpha/beta for L1...)

Quote Originally Posted by Calfredd View Post
    I only know about the absurd amount of options for character creation but I'd have to guess and say it might be kind of like a really pretty game that plays like crap.
    Black desert looks like a game that plays incredibly well if anything. The issues I'd imagine people might have are grindiness and other staples of eastern mmos.
    Quote Originally Posted by High Overlord Saurfang
    "I am he who watches they. I am the fist of retribution. That which does quell the recalcitrant. Dare you defy the Warchief? Dare you face my merciless judgement?"
    i7-6700 @2.8GHz | Nvidia GTX 960M | 16GB DDR4-2400MHz | 1 TB Toshiba SSD| Dell XPS 15

Quote Originally Posted by Flaks View Post
    Looks promising? It looks pretty and that is it. It has no promise. It is literally a PvP game that requires you to grind mobs that have no interesting attacks (just white damage) to level and if you die you get death penalties so you have to re-level and regear your enchants and such. There is no PvE in this game. The PvP is awful, chain CC people to death.

It's a look pretty MMO that will play like crap. it is 1000x more grindy then standard eastern MMOs and that's it's niche. You die? Grind more.
    Pokemon FC: 4425-2708-3610

I received a day one ORAS demo code. I am a chosen one.

FFXIV and ESO are doing very well for themselves. FFXIV in particular - there's an expansion on the horizon and the latest content patch launched today.

Quote Originally Posted by Calfredd View Post
    Looks promising? It looks pretty and that is it. It has no promise. It is literally a PvP game that requires you to grind mobs that have no interesting attacks (just white damage) to level and if you die you get death penalties so you have to re-level and regear your enchants and such. There is no PvE in this game. The PvP is awful, chain CC people to death.

It's a look pretty MMO that will play like crap. it is 1000x more grindy then standard eastern MMOs and that's it's niche. You die? Grind more.
    Oh hey I was right.

10+ Year Old Account
    I stronglt believe if Wildstar does a B2P model like ESO good things will happen for them.

- - - Updated - - -

Neverwinter is getting an expansion, GW2 is getting an expansion and FF14 is getting an expansion. Personally I would suggest FF14 with GW2 on the side. That's what I would be doing if I didn't have a shit computer for FF14 (next tax return).

TERA is on the decline imo. They are literally doing backwards development. It's baffling to play, interesting to watch.
    Well En Masse is doing alright, but Gameforge destroyed TERA in EU (Not surprising).

- - - Updated - - -

fixed tht for you

lol
    Who says it will fail? Just cause it is Korean?? Daum is actually looking to see what model the West prefers.

They're very aware of what has failed in the past & what not to do.

Deleted
    Although I like Wildstar I would definitely not classify it was alive and kicking. I do hope the population is increasing, but as long as there is no hard facts presented I'll keep that kind of stuff to myself.

10+ Year Old Account
    Wocky: "not a heckuva lot of new games on the mmo scene at moment."

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    Fixt. The scene itself is alive and kicking in a major way. I can hardly find the time to play my current stable of MMO's, much less try to work on my backlog of games. And with some of the upcoming expansions/updates, I doubt I'll be sleeping much. Oh well, it's a good thing I'm in one of the most caffeinated professions in the US : )
    Valid Point. I did a video a year ago on about 30 mmorpgs, but was wondering if any were still doing well... other than trolling the forums for every individual one of them.
    Last edited by theWocky; 2015-04-01 at 04:54 AM.