Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    Story has already been updated to show they apologised and offered her her job back.

I can't imagine.
    Take emotion out of it. What happened? A person failed to do their duties which resulted in more loss than necessary during a robbery, then was fired. Why is this a bad thing? What happened is the EXACT reason places like that have hourly drop or amount drop boxes.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by AndaliteBandit View Post
    Most places aren't going to hire a pregnant woman who's going to need to take maternity leave soon.
    Then she should have done her due diligence.
    READ and be less Ignorant.

Quote Originally Posted by pateuvasiliu View Post
    Of course it has to do with feminism, they'll be rioting outside the shop by tomorrow night. That's why they include it in the title.

It's how to start a shitstorm 101
    THIS THREAD HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH FEMINISM!

Can I open one freaking thread on this forum without stepping into another Clash of the Retards between MRAs and SJWs?
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by IIamaKing View Post
    Take emotion out of it. What happened? A person failed to do their duties which resulted in more loss than necessary during a robbery, then was fired. Why is this a bad thing? What happened is the EXACT reason places like that have hourly drop or amount drop boxes.

- - - Updated - - -

Then she should have done her due diligence.
    Do you at least not see how incredibly retarded "you got robbed, you're fired" is? My brother got fired from a similar job because he was the manager on duty when a register was snatched. Fun fact: it turns out the employee who was running the drive-thru register was in on it. My brother still got fired, for quite literally nothing. it's only when employers are forced to follow basic human logic and conscience that we can stop having articles like this.

It matters that she was pregnant. If you don't know why, you don't know how the world works.

It's a ridiculous overstep on the company's part to demand she pay back that money, and a stupid decision from a PR standpoint. Generate news about how you're firing pregnant employees who've just been held up at gunpoint? Over a piddling $400? Idiocy. So they retracted it and apologised.

As if the fucking company isn't insured for robbery anyway. This is almost certainly one jackass overzealous manager.

Quote Originally Posted by Pendulous View Post
    Do you at least not see how incredibly retarded "you got robbed, you're fired" is? My brother got fired from a similar job because he was the manager on duty when a register was snatched. Fun fact: it turns out the employee who was running the drive-thru register was in on it. My brother still got fired, for quite literally nothing. it's only when employers are forced to follow basic human logic and conscience that we can stop having articles like this.

Getting robbed should have bearing on doing your job or not hours prior, why?

I don't care about your anecdote as it has no bearing at all. It seems to me had the lady done what was required of her during her shift, this would not be a story.

10+ Year Old Account
    Getting robbed should have bearing on doing your job or not hours prior, why?

I don't care about your anecdote as it has no bearing at all. It seems to me had the lady done what was required of her during her shift, this would not be a story.
    Holy shit, dude. A woman gets held at gunpoint at a restaurant, and the company wants HER to pay the money back. And your response is "she should have done her job". I don't care if there was a couple grand in that register. Someone holds you up at gunpoint, and your employers only response should EVER be "well, we'll send her to see a therapist if she needs it", not "FUCK HER, give us the money back!".

It matters that she was pregnant. If you don't know why, you don't know how the world works.

It's a ridiculous overstep on the company's part to demand she pay back that money, and a stupid decision from a PR standpoint. Generate news about how you're firing pregnant employees who've just been held up at gunpoint? Over a piddling $400? Idiocy. So they retracted it and apologised.

As if the fucking company isn't insured for robbery anyway. This is almost certainly one jackass overzealous manager.
    It only matter if you fall into "play on emotion" traps.

Employee had a job to do in order to protect the employers money, employee failed in that duty, the company lost more money than should have. Employee is at fault.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Pendulous View Post
    Holy shit, dude. A woman gets held at gunpoint at a restaurant, and the company wants HER to pay the money back. And your response is "she should have done her job". I don't care if there was a couple grand in that register. Someone holds you up at gunpoint, and your employers only response should EVER be "well, we'll send her to see a therapist if she needs it", not "FUCK HER, give us the money back!".
    Money that would not have been lost had she done her job.
    Would I have fired the person? Probably not. But I see no issue in her being fired. Those drop boxes exist for a reason, this is that reason.

It only matter if you fall into "play on emotion" traps.

Employee had a job to do in order to protect the employers money, employee failed in that duty, the company lost more money than should have. Employee is at fault.
    Or if you live in the real world where yes, these things matter.

But you keep on valiantly defending the company's decision. That they reversed and issued an apology for, giving her back her job and far more in back pay than was ever stolen.

I doubt this was really "what the company wanted" anyway, sounds like a rogue manager.

Or if you live in the real world where yes, these things matter.

But you keep on valiantly defending the company's decision. That they reversed and issued an apology for, giving her back her job and far more in back pay than was ever stolen.

I doubt this was really "what the company wanted" anyway, sounds like a rogue manager.
    That is because of public pressure. What is point of regulation if it is not followed? The money suppose to be taken out every time a certain amount of money is gathered at the register, it even gives a message. She simply did not do her job. A manager should not ask for money back but most definitely fire her.

Something that several of you seem to have missed:

The Woman who was fired WAS A MANAGER.

She wasnt a till-jockey. She was middle tier management (probably a shift supervisor or something similar). It is PART OF HER JOB to ensure that cash from registers is collected and dropped into the deposit safe on busy days. She even ADMITTED that it was a busy day, so she should have been on top of that.

While it is definately not a proper move on the part of her boss to request she pay back the excess cash, they would be well within their rights to sack her ass for failing to follow policy guidelines.

I do the same job at a local theatre multiplex, and you can bet your ass that if we got robbed on a busy day, and the audit department determined that I had been slacking on my due diligence in collecting extra cash from the tills, I would be looking for a new job faster then you can blink.

10+ Year Old Account
    Money that would not have been lost had she done her job.
    Would I have fired the person? Probably not. But I see no issue in her being fired. Those drop boxes exist for a reason, this is that reason.
    Have you ever been in a situation similar to the woman above? Or do you simply cast judgement from a pedestal of assumptions?

Quote Originally Posted by Puck View Post
    Have you ever been in a situation similar to the woman above? Or do you simply cast judgement from a pedestal of assumptions?
    Have I ever been held at gunpoint and asked to open the registers? No.

Have I ever worked as a Treasurer at a location on a busy day where you need to constantly pull money out of registers? I don't know, does working at a Multiplex Theatre location with 20 active registers on the opening weekend of several YEARS worth of blockbuster movies count? Want to hazard a guess how often we pulled money out of registers on the opening friday of Furious 7? How many active registers do you think your average Popies has? 4? Maybe 6 if it is a big one.
    Last edited by Surfd; 2015-04-23 at 06:18 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Barnabas View Post
    Pregnant or not no employee should have to pay the store back for a robbery unless obviously they stole the money.
    I whole-heartedly agree. The thing is, a lot of stores have the pay-back policy in place because they assume that the robber is the employee's friend. I've worked for a company that had this same rule before, it prevented a LOT of people from wanting to become cashier. It's absolutely fucking ridiculous. I am 100% positive that such a situation has happened, and multiple times at that, but to just make a blanket assumption like that to "protect the company" is bullshit.
    Quote Originally Posted by Warwithin View Post
    Politicians put their hand on the BIBLE and swore to uphold the CONSTITUTION. They did not put their hand on the CONSTITUTION and swear to uphold the BIBLE.
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam Jensen View Post
    Except maybe Morgan Freeman. That man could convince God to be an atheist with that voice of his . . .
    Quote Originally Posted by LiiLoSNK View Post
    If your girlfriend is a girl and you're a guy, your kid is destined to be some sort of half girl/half guy abomination.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Surfd View Post
    Have I ever been held at gunpoint and asked to open the registers? No.

Have I ever worked as a Treasurer at a location on a busy day where you need to constantly pull money out of registers? I don't know, does working at a Multiplex Theatre location with 20 active registers on the opening weekend of several YEARS worth of blockbuster movies count? Want to hazard a guess how often we pulled money out of registers on the opening friday of Furious 7? How many active registers do you think your average Popies has? 4? Maybe 6 if it is a big one.
    Then your answer is no. I see.

You are using your own experiences and applying them to another, but that is wrong because you have decided to ignore that people are individuals who exist in different environments. Her reality is different from yours, thus so is her environment.

Not everybody is you, and you are not everybody.

THIS THREAD HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH FEMINISM!

Can I open one freaking thread on this forum without stepping into another Clash of the Retards between MRAs and SJWs?
    If i were an mra i wouldn't be on this forum which is full of feminist mods. I'd spare myself the pain.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by AndaliteBandit View Post
    Is that the class you took that taught you to voice opinions like this?
    I was trolling. I also said incest is fine and posted a cersei jaime video.

Learn to take a joke before going full ad homifeminist.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by GodlyBob View Post
    The women are coming for us! Hide before the matriarchy kicks in at full effect and spike TV becomes the Lifetime Movie channel 2!
    Epic meme friend the euphoria is palpable. Don't forget to tip your trilby.

Quote Originally Posted by Puck View Post
    Her reality is different from yours, thus so is her environment.
    Her reality is that she failed to do her job. The failure occured BEFORE the situation with the gun and robbery occured, but was highlighted by its occurance. Not sure what more needs to be said.

The fact that she was held at gunpoint and robbed really has absolutely nothing to do with the fact that she failed to follow proper cash handling prociedures.

And nice moving of the goalposts there. I mean, I guess in your initial statement you really meant to say "exactly identical" instead of "similar", but I can totally see how you could get the two mixed up.
    Last edited by Surfd; 2015-04-23 at 07:57 AM.

Women breaks policy, gets fired. Whats the problem?
    I am not sure what they do with their cash, but when I worked in a petrol station we were only allowed something like 200$ in the till at a time, any excess was to be put in a drop safe that can only be opened by offsite security people. Real simple right?

In reality, you need to feed the notes into the safe one by one. This can take an awful lot of time if you end up with a lot of cash which in a petrol station can happen in 5 minutes. When it is busy you can EITHER feed the safe, or you can serve people...simple? And yes, customers are always understanding when there are two people in the store, one is crouched down doing *something* behind the counter while the other is trying to mow through the 10+ people queue you are waiting in.

The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Surfd View Post
    Something that several of you seem to have missed:

The Woman who was fired WAS A MANAGER.

She wasnt a till-jockey. She was middle tier management (probably a shift supervisor or something similar). It is PART OF HER JOB to ensure that cash from registers is collected and dropped into the deposit safe on busy days. She even ADMITTED that it was a busy day, so she should have been on top of that.

While it is definately not a proper move on the part of her boss to request she pay back the excess cash, they would be well within their rights to sack her ass for failing to follow policy guidelines.

I do the same job at a local theatre multiplex, and you can bet your ass that if we got robbed on a busy day, and the audit department determined that I had been slacking on my due diligence in collecting extra cash from the tills, I would be looking for a new job faster then you can blink.
    The point is, she is a pregnant woman and we should feel sorry for her regardless of the situation.

As someone who worked retail, I would say failure to do timely cash pick-up's would merit disciplinary actions IF they have it within their policy for disciplinary actions. That said, I didn't see when it was mentioned they were robbed. I can see if it was during rush hour, there may be a need to delay a pickup for customer service reasons, however it can't be held off indefinitely just because of a lunch/dinner rush. An employer should also take the time to review such a sensitive matter before handing out any punishments.

Now what the Owner completely fucked up on is her claim she was told she was to pay back the $400 stolen. SHE didn't steal the money. Whether or not she was at fault, is besides the point. Working retail, I've accidentally dropped a displayed copier worth $400. While the manager joked about garnishing my wages, they didn't do so. They just chalked it up as a loss. If I had deliberately damaged it, then that would be a different matter. I doubt she deliberately setup the cash drawers to be full of cash to be a juicy robbery target. So the owner shouldn't be trying to garnish her wages.

Second, was her claim about being fired for refusing to "pay back money owed". Like criminal justice, most jobs have a due process requiring disciplinary to have a paper trail so everything is nice and tidy should someone need to be fired. Most bigger business HR would also defer the judgement if the situation may cause a perceptionary backlash. (i.e. employee got robbed and they got fired for it). If I was an HR manager, I would ensure there was a paper trail to justify firing her, and defer judgement until there was another infraction as this was to soon after employees were traumatized and any firings would be a PR nightmare, such as what we see here.

To me, if all facts are proven true, the owner sounds greedy, wanted the money back in hand instead of filing any sort of insurance claims. When the owner couldn't force the money back, they retaliated by firing her. I think she would have a potential legal case to sue the Owner of the location for retaliation. Now Z&H Food's immediate reaction, would help them save face and mitigate damaged if she does peruse a lawsuit. Her best legal option is to sue the owner of the Popeyes location, but NOT the Z&H Food's themselves as it would be an uphill battle to sue the owners of the company vs the owner of the store. She could probably negotiate with Z&H Foods for additional compensation by having a position at another location not managed by that Franchise Owner and other minor compensatory requests without pursuing legal action.
    Last edited by TheronShadowstorm; 2015-04-23 at 08:32 AM.

I do wonder if this would have even been a big thing if it was a man instead, or if she wasn't pregnant.

The only real relevant pieces of information here are

1. She was a manager
    2. She didn't do her job
    3. Because she didn't do her job, she was fired