Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    So basically they're holding a demonstration for the sole purpose of pissing off a bunch of murderous nutjobs. If any of those demonstrators get killed, I think that should be an automatic Darwin award.

10+ Year Old Account
    I've seen them do that to a Kingdom Hall of Jehovah Witnesses. Did not make the news like that are doing with the Muslims. I even seen them do it at those events they sometimes hold at Convention Centers. I do not see what the big difference is. Sept you can not say anything bad about Muslims or even make fun of them like you can Jews Christians and others.

Quote Originally Posted by Starscream101 View Post
    I've seen them do that to a Kingdom Hall of Jehovah Witnesses. Did not make the news like that are doing with the Muslims. I even seen them do it at those events they sometimes hold at Convention Centers. I do not see what the big difference is. Sept you can not say anything bad about Muslims or even make fun of them like you can Jews Christians and others.
    Congratulations, kid. You figured it out. It's a plot to persecute you.

Quote Originally Posted by Kudos View Post
    One thing I have learnt, being a teacher in a multi-cultural school, is that, 'yes', Islam is religion of peace. I supervise Islam scripture, and their teacher is a wonderful person. She teaches them about the pillars of Islam, including charity, prayer and putting their god first.

I think, if any protests should be made, it should be calling for greater condemnation from Islam against radical Islamist attacks. We want to see more Sheiks condemning extremism, ISIL and promote what the Qu'ran and their prophets teach about love.
    Okie doke. Can we call on the ranks of Christianity to publicly decry and denounce any one who would use a religion that's supposed to be about forgiveness as a tool to spread hatred? To judge their brothers and sisters as lesser than them? To justify harming or killing innocents? (Thankfully, that last one has dropped.)

While cartoons shouldn't cause violence, I personally wouldn't mind if Pamela Geller died in a terrorist attack. She materially supports genocide. I think that puts her in a different category all together.

Seriously... this shit again? You know what? The actual problem is not the stupid fucking physical "jihad" crap that Muslim extremists do towards other non-believers or whatever (it is not even in the damn book for them to do this shit so they are fucking stupid as all hell). It's the actual children whose lives go to fucking hell when the parents make them believe that there is only way to live. No, there are many ways to live but close-minded parents will be the death of children or adults when they grow up... Or their lives will be so messed up that they will end their lives so they don't feel like they do.
    Before anyone says that why am I badmouthing Muslims... I am one.. or grew up as one.

The Unstoppable Force THE Bigzoman's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Did the mosque say anything to make the demonstration there symbolic?

If not, these people are being assholes and starting shit in someone else's backyard.

Quote Originally Posted by THE Bigzoman View Post
    Did the mosque say anything to make the demonstration there symbolic?

If not, these people are being assholes and starting shit in someone else's backyard.
    But that's what America is about. Being a jerk in hopes someone will stop you so you can claim defense when you overreact.

God I'm glad I stopped clubbing.

The Unstoppable Force THE Bigzoman's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dextroden View Post
    But that's what America is about. Being a jerk in hopes someone will stop you so you can claim defense when you overreact.

God I'm glad I stopped clubbing.
    Apparently, the mosque was where the recent Texas gunman worshipped. I don't see that as sufficient enough.

Make fun of them and challenge them like any other religion. Other than that, leave them the fuck alone.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kudos View Post
    One thing I have learnt, being a teacher in a multi-cultural school, is that, 'yes', Islam is religion of peace. I supervise Islam scripture, and their teacher is a wonderful person. She teaches them about the pillars of Islam, including charity, prayer and putting their god first.

I think, if any protests should be made, it should be calling for greater condemnation from Islam against radical Islamist attacks. We want to see more Sheiks condemning extremism, ISIL and promote what the Qu'ran and their prophets teach about love.
    You have to understand that its hard for them to condemn anything or to even have a voice when you have the radicals on one side killing them and making them look bad at the same time. Then you have the other side where non-Muslims are yelling at them for not condemning the radicals enough and/or lumping them in with the radicals. Normal Muslims are essentially the scapegoats for both sides.

Showing up armed changes the game, methinks.

I saw the Anderson Cooper interview with the guy who organized it all. He's nothing more than a stupid jarhead who hasn't been able to come to grips that the Iraq war wasn't about freedom and that he shouldn't have been there to begin with. He also claims he doesn't want to "live in fear" with his family, because he also hasn't come to grips that the fear is his choice, not something anyone forces on him. Of course, that isn't stopping him from peacefully protesting with a small cadre of guns, because only with a bunch of full metal jackets around him would this chickenshit dare try something like this.

It really is odd how many 'tough guys' suddenly appear when they get their hands on guns and then have to relentlessly prove how tough they are somehow. Projection is strange.

Quote Originally Posted by stumpy View Post
    Congratulations, kid. You figured it out. It's a plot to persecute you.
    Nah, it's because Islam pretty much the only religion in town these days whose members generally approve of attacking people who spout shit about Islam.

Quote Originally Posted by Nadiru View Post
    Nah, it's because Islam pretty much the only religion in town these days whose members generally approve of attacking people who spout shit about Islam.
    Does the term "evangelical" or "Josh Duggar" ring any bells?

Quote Originally Posted by Emjay18 View Post
    Does the term "evangelical" or "Josh Duggar" ring any bells?
    Show me a poll that says Christians are generally cool with people acting in violence in Christ's name. Show me yours and I'll show you mine.

10+ Year Old Account
    People who can't differentiate between extremist fundamentalists and peaceful muslims are fucking idiots and an embarrassment to this country.
    Putin khuliyo

I wouldn't be surprised if the people who are creating these events are not who they claim to be. I smell a community organizer behind the curtain.

Protesting armed? That's dangerous.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    I wouldn't be surprised if the people who are creating these events are not who they claim to be. I smell a community organizer behind the curtain.
    When your side looks crazy, just blame it on a conspiracy, right?
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

High Overlord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nadiru View Post
    Show me a poll that says Christians are generally cool with people acting in violence in Christ's name. Show me yours and I'll show you mine.
    I'll bite. Show me this poll with evidence that a majority of the billions of Muslims on Earth are in favor of violence to defend their religion.

Seems like a bit of a gambit to act like you have any such thing just as a means to further your argument.

Hey look, hate-filled morons.