Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by enchanted View Post
    Inb4 subraces are for $10 on the blizz store...
    .... Late to the party are yeh.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Zooey View Post
    Lepper gnomes rolling out!
    How would that work? Losing body parts all the time seems troublesome while raiding...

Quote Originally Posted by Shiift View Post
    .... Late to the party are yeh.

- - - Updated - - -

How would that work? Losing body parts all the time seems troublesome while raiding...
    Eh you could say that someone developed a sanity restoring cure but they still have gross green bodies. Leper Gnome Warlocks would be hella cool.
    You just lost The Game

Quote Originally Posted by tehdef View Post
    Because people like customization and it's new? If they are providing a new race and a wealth of different player skins, than it's a good thing. Stop being a negative nancy.
    I got totally suckered into WoD, just trying to be careful. The feature itself is bloody awesome, I can't wait to make Mag'har orcs, Yaungol and such, that's something I'd be excited about. It's a minor thing tho, and it being used as a "selling point" would be a warning sign.

This sounds like a legit feature, it's better than new races but still allows everyone to recreate new class race combos.

As a RPER, I wish we could see sub-races for every race!

Human -- More hairstyles / Tattoos and the like / More beards , etc
    Dwarves -- Skin for each clan and their customizations
    Night Elves -- Not really sure, Quel'dorei?
    Gnomes -- Leper gnomes
    Worgen -- Same as human / worgen form features / new model
    Draenei -- Broken?

Pandaren -- More customization, it really lacks basic stuff.

Orc -- Maghar and the like
    Undead -- More undead races
    Troll -- Jungle trolls / more skins & stuff
    Tauren -- Taunka
    Sin'dorei -- Broken?
    Goblin -- More customizations / new model

Edit :

Actually I don't think they have enough ideas to call it a main feature.

Are we getting new undead models because we're getting a Dark Ranger-like class?

Deleted
    You just copied that from another thread.

Deleted
    HIGH ELVES it is.

Quote Originally Posted by dragothica View Post
    Possibly, to have player characters like Sylvanas' current model is like. I just can't imagine the possible Dark Ranger new class with the current undead character models.

Hell, I'd roll a character that looks like that, and I'm a guy.

Quote Originally Posted by Okacz View Post
    Come on. Having subraces is cool, but how can "be a dwarf again, this time with darker skin!" be a selling point?
    just like how "be a dwarf again, this time with more pixels!" was a selling point. And people bought into that.
    Subraces are just as big.
    Chronomancer Club

Quote Originally Posted by OneTwoThree View Post
    This sounds like a legit feature, it's better than new races but still allows everyone to recreate new class race combos.

As a RPER, I wish we could see sub-races for every race!

Human -- More hairstyles / Tattoos and the like / More beards , etc
    Dwarves -- Skin for each clan and their customizations
    Night Elves -- Not really sure, Quel'dorei?
    Gnomes -- Leper gnomes
    Worgen -- Same as human / worgen form features / new model
    Draenei -- Broken?

Pandaren -- More customization, it really lacks basic stuff.

Orc -- Maghar and the like
    Undead -- More undead races
    Troll -- Jungle trolls / more skins & stuff
    Tauren -- Taunka
    Sin'dorei -- Broken?
    Goblin -- More customizations / new model

Edit :

Actually I don't think they have enough ideas to call it a main feature.
    Yeah, another case that it's not a main feature. You can't alienate half of the playerbase with "great feature" that won't even matter, since it doesn't affect the race you play. I mean, what would humans get? Or Goblin? They don't have subraces well established.

If this happens, it's gonna be a minor thing, added steadily, not a selling point of anything.

Quote Originally Posted by dragothica View Post
    Possibly, to have player characters like Sylvanas' current model is like. I just can't imagine the possible Dark Ranger new class with the current undead character models.
    That's why it wouldn't. The current undead models represent undead Humans.

A Darkfallen Blood Elf subrace would represent an Undead High Elf, like Sylvanas.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Okacz View Post
    Yeah, another case that it's not a main feature. You can't alienate half of the playerbase with "great feature" that won't even matter, since it doesn't affect the race you play. I mean, what would humans get? Or Goblin? They don't have subraces well established.

If this happens, it's gonna be a minor thing, added steadily, not a selling point of anything.
    Did you see my post? Humans have some of the most interesting ones.

- - - Updated - - -

Human
    - Azotha: Ugly children of the Vrykul, Barbarian and Vrykul features. (RPG canon only)
    - Half Elves: Children of Humans and High Elves, refugees from Theramore.
    Dwarf
    - Dark Iron: From Blackrock Mountain, dark skinned with fiery eyes.
    - Wildhammer: Traditional tattoos and tanned skin.
    Gnome
    - Leper: Irradiated Gnomes with restored sanity.
    - Mecha: Gnomes 'blessed' by Mimiron, certain Mechagnome features remain intact. Chris Robinson Approved.
    Night Elf
    - Illidari: Disciples of Illidan Stormrage, runic tattoos and burning green eyes, covered with a headband.
    - Cenarion: Dryad and Keeper of the Grove features.
    Draenei
    - Man'ari: Twisted, demonic servants of the Legion. (We know Demons can secede from the Burning Legion if they find an alternate source of power, for example Illidan's Demons & the Reliquary of Souls)
    - Broken: Draenei twisted by dark magics. (Can in fact work with Draenei Skeleton)
    Worgen
    - Bloodmoon: Northrend Worgen, polar wolf features.
    - Blackhowl: Worgen infused with the Blood of a black Dragon. Scales and Drakonid features.
    Orc
    - Mag'har: Uncorrupted brown and black orcs, natives of Draenor.
    - Half-Ogre: Mok'thanal Orcs, a la Rexxar.
    Troll
    - Forest: Mossy skin, warpaints
    - Ice: Cold, pale skin, white hair
    - Sandfury: Coarse, cracked pale skin, black tusks.
    Tauren
    - Grimtotem: Black fur and warpaints.
    - Taunka: Cousins of the Tauren from Northrend. (Would require head remodel)
    Forsaken
    - Elf: Undead High Elves, pointed ears and elven hair styles.
    - Skeleton: Completely fleshless undead (Requires new model)
    Blood Elf
    - Darkfallen: Last remaining members of the San'layn, welcomed into the Forsaken by Sylvanas.
    - Felblood: Some Blood Elves overfed on Fel Magic, causing effects beyond simply green eyes. Sprouting small wings and horns. Still friendly, however.
    Goblin
    - Gilgoblin: Aquatic goblins, created by Hobart Grapplehammer.
    - Tinker: Due to numerous engineering accidents, certain body parts replaced with volatile goblin technology. Blackfuse style.
    Pandaren
    - Grizzly Bear: Cosmetic option
    - Tuskarr: Replace the Pandaren head with a Tuskarr head. No lore explanation needed choo choo ca choo i am the tuskarr.

Every race would get 2 subraces. Nice and even.
    You just lost The Game

Quote Originally Posted by cityguy193 View Post
    I saw like 10+ leaks today made by different people claiming that we have new undead options. Are you physically at gamescom?

This sounds very plausible, and gives the playerbase the option for subraces.
    the funny thing is they were all newly made accounts with 1 post

Quote Originally Posted by shoc View Post
    -Snip-
    Only one that doesn't really make sense on that list is the Tuskarr. The vast majority of them die when out of Northrend's climate for a few days.

15+ Year Old Account
    This would be super cool, and I am actually hoping it happens.

Sig by Isilrien

Quote Originally Posted by Chubark View Post
    Only one that doesn't really make sense on that list is the Tuskarr. The vast majority of them die when out of Northrend's climate for a few days.
    Actually there are a couple Tuskarr hanging around in Pandaria who debunked the whole warm climate death thing.
    You just lost The Game

Snip
    I agree with several, but I'm not so sure they'll do exactly what you're thinking here. If they do it, I would want it to be more along the lines of...

Humans - Vrykul (smaller for players, around tauren sized, gives access to shaman) and lorderon refugee (built like undead, but living and not hunched)

Draenei - Broken (Akama) and the smaller ones that are totally gone. Base draenei gain druids. For players, they look almost like undead draenei because of their hunch. Sorry, it's early still here. Also Redeemed Eredar (access to warlocks)

Gnomes - Mecha and leper

Dwarves - Dark Iron and the cataclysm ones

Night elves - high elves and (brace for this) naga. Naga as a subrace makes sense and can work into the story as Aszhara curses them when she rises or they're a faction that broke off. Also gain access to Warlock.

Worgen - Feral (more closely resembling original worgen) and "cured" which gives access to paladin and only becomes a wolf upon command or using darkflight. Also, the human model gets changed slightly so they don't look just like stock humans.

Blood Elves - Sanlayn and the mana-feeding ones from the isle of queldanas.

Undead - Elves, more human-looking (no hunch) and Something broad in size.

Tauren - Taunka, yaungol, and grimtotem (smaller in stature, able to be rogues)

Orc - The different clans (also gives druid), possibly the gray orcs (the "broken orcs from draenor")

Troll - The different tribes, sizes included. Gain paladin from Zandalari that broke away from Zul.

Goblin - Fat goblins (like the leader's supposed to be?) that's all I can think of at the moment.

Pandaren - Furbolgs. Gains access to Death Knight, Druid and Paladin (as a balancing factor of the race).

Actually there are a couple Tuskarr hanging around in Pandaria who debunked the whole warm climate death thing.
    It was two Tuskarr, one of which is a reference to the Walrus and the Carpenter in Alice in Wonderland. The other directly states that he felt like an outcast among his own people and, to his surprise, found himself loving Pandaria's climate. A canon and semi-canon exception does not a viable race make.

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of human potential (and non-toxic masculinity)
    While its almost surely a fake, i would kill for playable ghosts, or other spectral undead.

10+ Year Old Account
    Because it won't just be a Dwarf with Dark Skin and Lava Eyes, it will be:

Human
    - Azotha: Ugly children of the Vrykul, Barbarian and Vrykul features. (RPG canon only)
    - Half Elves: Children of Humans and High Elves, refugees from Theramore.
    Dwarf
    - Dark Iron: From Blackrock Mountain, dark skinned with fiery eyes.
    - Wildhammer: Traditional tattoos and tanned skin.
    Gnome
    - Leper: Irradiated Gnomes with restored sanity.
    - Mecha: Gnomes 'blessed' by Mimiron, certain Mechagnome features remain intact. Chris Robinson Approved.
    Night Elf
    - Illidari: Disciples of Illidan Stormrage, runic tattoos and burning green eyes, covered with a headband.
    - Cenarion: Dryad and Keeper of the Grove features.
    Draenei
    - Man'ari: Twisted, demonic servants of the Legion. (We know Demons can secede from the Burning Legion if they find an alternate source of power, for example Illidan's Demons & the Reliquary of Souls)
    - Broken: Draenei twisted by dark magics. (Can in fact work with Draenei Skeleton)
    Worgen
    - Bloodmoon: Northrend Worgen, polar wolf features.
    - Blackhowl: Worgen infused with the Blood of a black Dragon. Scales and Drakonid features.
    Orc
    - Mag'har: Uncorrupted brown and black orcs, natives of Draenor.
    - Half-Ogre: Mok'thanal Orcs, a la Rexxar.
    Troll
    - Forest: Mossy skin, warpaints
    - Ice: Cold, pale skin, white hair
    - Sandfury: Coarse, cracked pale skin, black tusks.
    Tauren
    - Grimtotem: Black fur and warpaints.
    - Taunka: Cousins of the Tauren from Northrend. (Would require head remodel)
    Forsaken
    - Elf: Undead High Elves, pointed ears and elven hair styles.
    - Skeleton: Completely fleshless undead (Requires new model)
    Blood Elf
    - Darkfallen: Last remaining members of the San'layn, welcomed into the Forsaken by Sylvanas.
    - Felblood: Some Blood Elves overfed on Fel Magic, causing effects beyond simply green eyes. Sprouting small wings and horns. Still friendly, however.
    Goblin
    - Gilgoblin: Aquatic goblins, created by Hobart Grapplehammer.
    - Tinker: Due to numerous engineering accidents, certain body parts replaced with volatile goblin technology. Blackfuse style.
    Pandaren
    - Black Bear: Cosmetic option
    - Tuskarr: Replace the Pandaren head with a Tuskarr head. No lore explanation needed choo choo ca choo i am the tuskarr.

Effectively tripling the number of character races that can be RP'd. I personally think it would be enough to be an expansion selling point, especially if a decent amount of work has been put into the subraces instead of just being simple texture swaps. Things like unique faces, and hairstyles for example.
    Way way way too much artwork required for this.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Arrashi View Post
    While its almost surely a fake, i would kill for playable ghosts, or other spectral undead.
    Playable Banshees. Imagine that with a new model.... sweet.

Last edited by snuzzle; 2015-08-06 at 01:49 PM.

Sig by Isilrien