Herald of the Titans

so my question is:

need to be lvl 80 and only with ilvl 226 armors/232 weapons or u can be lvl 100 and use 226 armors/232 weapons?

ty

"Defeat Algalon the Observer in 10-player mode at level 80 without anyone in the raid wearing any equipment with an item level higher than is available in 10-player Ulduar. "

10+ Year Old Account
    Level 80. Highly recommend using Openraid to find a solid group for this achievement.

10+ Year Old Account
    Every time I level an alt I do so with this achievement in mind...still haven't done it

10+ Year Old Account
    Something of note is to absolutely avoid using BoAs for the kill. Since the BoA system got updated in 6.1, I led a group and we weren't granted the feat of strength on the kill. I triple checked the players and no one broke past 226 ilvl armor and 232 ilvl weapons, save for someone wearing a BoA cloak. Two GMs confirmed the BoA system revamp and granted us the feat of strength when they replied.

Is the title available to all toons on the account? I would obviously have to do this on an alt at this point, and would suck if the title was only available to the alt. Brawler for example is only available on the toon that completed it.

Quote Originally Posted by chainesaw View Post
    Is the title available to all toons on the account? I would obviously have to do this on an alt at this point, and would suck if the title was only available to the alt. Brawler for example is only available on the toon that completed it.
    Yes, it's available to all toons once unlocked (per wowhead). I need to finally get a character to 80 and farm this out.

Quick question :
    Can i use the gear from 25 man ? And hardmode gear also ?

Quote Originally Posted by Chisu View Post
    Quick question :
    You can use any gear in the game as long as it falls under the parameters (226 or lower iLvL armor/trinkets, 232 or lower weapons/shields/offhands). Even weapons from 10 normal TotC are fine since they're still 232 ilvl

10+ Year Old Account
    only i226 armor, 232 weapon/offhand, doesnt matter where it Comes from

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Chisu View Post
    Quick question :
    as far as i remember you can use anything as long as its item level does not exceed 226 (for armor) or 232 (for weapons)

Deleted
    Just to make this 100% clear, you could have killed the bastard before the herald kill correct? Even with BoA etc?
    But a new reset, with gear according to the restrictions, in a group with the same gear, you will get the title?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Gemet View Post
    Just to make this 100% clear, you could have killed the bastard before the herald kill correct? Even with BoA etc?
    But a new reset, with gear according to the restrictions, in a group with the same gear, you will get the title?
    Correct, it doesn't have to be your first kill.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Speshil View Post
    Ineresting thought:

I got the FOS @LV90 because the check for this achievment triggered after 8 seconds, Awarding the Title to all groups who zerg him down quicker.
    After the hotfix, maybe there still is like half a second or so left for the check and it could be done with insane 1shot burst like geared Frost DK with Class Trinket or Chaso Bolt?
    I don't understand, explain please.

He means that after you pull Algalon and he does his initial intro, you used to have 8 seconds to kill him before the game registered if you weren't qualified for the achievement/title. There was a hotfix implemented that somewhat removed that chance, but if you could one-shot him somehow, you might still earn it, regardless of level/ilevel.

For the record, I can pretty much 3 shot him, so if it works at all, it would have to be a one-hit kill. Something to consider trying after the first tier of next expansion, or if you brought in 2-3 guys with hfc normal/heroic gear maybe.

If anyone still has questions about gear, here is the toon that I use for Herald runs (haven't done any since MoP though) as a suggestion of what you can wear:

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...Tryps/advanced

Gems and Enchants can be a major boost to making this achievement easy.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Edlarel View Post
    He means that after you pull Algalon and he does his initial intro, you used to have 8 seconds to kill him before the game registered if you weren't qualified for the achievement/title. There was a hotfix implemented that somewhat removed that chance, but if you could one-shot him somehow, you might still earn it, regardless of level/ilevel.

For the record, I can pretty much 3 shot him, so if it works at all, it would have to be a one-hit kill. Something to consider trying after the first tier of next expansion, or if you brought in 2-3 guys with hfc normal/heroic gear maybe.
    Thank you. I did not realize there was an 8 second trigger, and I got my Herald achievement during WotLK.