Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    this thread better not be shitty ideas and CLICKBAIT!
    Hi Sephurik

Terrible idea, has nothing to do with mercenary mode, title is a clickbait, op is a rude douche. Nothing to see here.

Quote Originally Posted by melzas View Post
    Terrible idea, has nothing to do with mercenary mode, title is a clickbait, op is a rude douche. Nothing to see here.
    Pretty much this.

To clarify, awful idea that would definitely increase queue times. You want gold with no effort, buy it for RL money. Horde already has fast queues, why the hell would they pay for the queue to pop just as fast?

Deleted
    I don't know if you can choose to queue as mercenary or if you are forced into it?
    I do think that you should get some kind of reward for joining as mercenary, since you will be playing a different character you didn't design yourself

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by ItachiZaku View Post
    Uh, this sounds stupid. I'd rather fight the alliance 7 on 10, than hire some jabroni traitor.
    Good sig ty

I hate it too

10+ Year Old Account
    Changed thread title to something less clickbait-y, make sure to keep the thread topics clear when posting. I don't want to have to say that again.

And keep the discussion civil, everybody is entitled to their own opinion even if it differs from yours, don't resort to calling other users names or insulting them because their opinion differs from yours.

Anything that conflicts with my previous line will be infracted from here on out. Thank you.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dyra View Post
    Because what they are atm are plait tugging, sniffing, glaring, prissy, clothes obsessed bitches who I would quite cheerfully drown.
    I often post from my mobile device, typos in my posts are 99% likely to be because of that.
    All I would ever want and need is a hug.

10+ Year Old Account
    The method you're suggesting 100% would not work. Why would horde pay for shorter queues when they're already instant. That makes no sense.

The only scenario this would work in, is if you're paying for a geared player to come help your undergeared alt or whatnot to win a bg, and could be available to both factions regardless of queue lengths. But since this isn't how the system is designed there is no point in arguing this anymore.

Deleted
    It's not even a must to use the mercenary mode if you don't like it but...hey! longer queue times for you then in Trashran.

Would rather constantly play Alterac Valley as horde than this.

Quote Originally Posted by nerdjames View Post
    I don't understand. The mercenary system doesn't benefit the "hiring" faction. They already have instant queues. To be clear: you're proposing that horde players should give gold to alliance players in exchange for using a tool designed to give alliance players shorter queues?
    The mercs are available to either faction that is lacking in sufficient players...if your battlegroup happens to be biased to horde, then yes, horde will find themselves paying more often to shorten Q times. If you are on an alliance-biased battlegroup then the inverse will be true.

Quote Originally Posted by uopayroll View Post
    Actually in this case merc is short for mercury. This is because PvPers are notoriously bad at PvE and stand in the fire way too much. So in order to improve the LFR scene, they are making PvP bads out of mercury so they have a much higher resistance to fire and thusly able to stand in it with much less consequence and not ruin my raid time while waiting for their BG queue to come up....
    Few care about the pve minigame that is raiding. It'd designed for older, slower, less intelligent players that want a scripted experience and events that play out exactly the same each time. The dynamic nature of pvp is just too much for some to handle.

Quote Originally Posted by Gentle Julio View Post
    Well I can't really think of anything to say but no as well to such a ridiculous premise. Then you have the nerve to get mad when someone replies to your ridiculous premise with a response you don't like. Maybe you sat there thinking you yourself actually did some mental gymnastics to come up with this idea, but maybe you should read over it all again? Paying money to join BGs? Group leaders taking time out of playing so they can pick and choose people like an auction house? LOL!!!!!!
    Who says I'm getting mad? You? I'd give the psychoanalysis a rest and stick to the topic. You're not paying money to join BGs, you are paying players to fill your team when there are insufficient players available in the Q pool. What, exactly, do you have against commerce?

Quote Originally Posted by melzas View Post
    So me stating that mercenary mode should allow players to become PAID MERCENARIES has nothing to do with mercenary mode? How long did it take you to arrive at that conclusion? With the way this mode is implemented now, a more accurate nomenclature would be "separatist mode", or perhaps "defector mode"...but if they are going to call it mercenary mode then I want to get paid. Simple as that.

Hey, I realize that people who can't keep up with me, who may perceive me as being a "rude douche", but when you are not unable to utter a sentence that doesn't include a meme in it, in addition to failing to grasp the simple concept of making mercenary mode actual player mercenaries, it could be time for you to have a serious discussion with yourself - a moment of introspection.

Quote Originally Posted by Professor Expert View Post
    My idea would provide insta-Qs for those that pay.
    But it'll make queues longer for people who don't. What's the point?

Deleted
    Wonder if alliance pandas will merc into..... horde.... pandas?

I bet if they called it gorilla mode OP would be disgusted you didn't earn 300 bananas per bg.
    I think you missed the point of why this was added, the fact that you already make gold from bgs, and the fact that the game throws gold at you from every angle.
    I like the fact that you want mercenary mode to be taken literally then you also want to be paid in full even if you fail the bg, because not only is that not how it works, you'd be dead at the end of the bg anyway =P

I should get pay to play horde being a toy for the alliances. lol

Think you're taking the title of "Mercenary Mode" too far, as it's just a name for the system. If you want to be paid in gold then you should set up a bounty system for yourself and publicize it in your trade chat. If you want Blizz to do it then you're probably going to have to pay them a lot of real gold to do it just for your sake.

Deleted
    Blizzard logic 101: "How do we fix a problem? We add stuff! We don´t delete change og do something logic, we add stuff"
    This mercenary system, which will never work. Cause who wants the horde to win when your alliance.

Next time Christ Metzen yells "For the Horde?!?!?!" at blizzcon, everyone will be like meh....

Quote Originally Posted by Eazy View Post
    But it'll make queues longer for people who don't. What's the point?
    Uhh, yeah, there should be a good incentive to pay...and if you really want shorter Qs you pay, if you have more patience then gold, you wait. Why are you asking me what my point is when the OP quite clearly explains my point.

Quote Originally Posted by Gatsbybutters View Post
    I bet if they called it gorilla mode OP would be disgusted you didn't earn 300 bananas per bg.
    I think you missed the point of why this was added, the fact that you already make gold from bgs, and the fact that the game throws gold at you from every angle.
    I like the fact that you want mercenary mode to be taken literally then you also want to be paid in full even if you fail the bg, because not only is that not how it works, you'd be dead at the end of the bg anyway =P
    You mean guerrilla, and no, you would not be a guerrilla fighter by choosing to fight for an opposing faction. Guerrilla fighters use stealth along with hit-and-run tactics to wear down a foe who outnumbers and/or outguns them.

And you're not buying wins, you are buying soldiers. Where, in history, did any mercenary agreement include a stipulation that you only pay if your side wins? Seriously...are people really this ignorant?

Quote Originally Posted by hollafame View Post
    Think you're taking the title of "Mercenary Mode" too far, as it's just a name for the system. If you want to be paid in gold then you should set up a bounty system for yourself and publicize it in your trade chat. If you want Blizz to do it then you're probably going to have to pay them a lot of real gold to do it just for your sake.
    Yeah, or they could just make it into an integrated system so everyone can use it quickly and easily. They make more than enough money to cover the costs of implementing a system that someone would probably do for free as an add-on...remember how they copied oqueue, but their version is worse than the add-on was?

Uhh, yeah, there should be a good incentive to pay...and if you really want shorter Qs you pay, if you have more patience then gold, you wait. Why are you asking me what my point is when the OP quite clearly explains my point.
    But I want to play PvP, not to pay gold for it.

Quote Originally Posted by Eazy View Post
    But I want to play PvP, not to pay gold for it.
    Consider that, along with my version of merc mode, they would (should) increase the gold-earning potential from all PvP-related activities...plus, you could play as a merc and earn gold while pvp-ing. It's a win-win-win.

Your system makes 0 sense from a gameplay perspective. Let's say for example on your server it's 10 to 1 alliance to horde. So for every 100 alliance you can do a 10v10. You're saying that the horde should pay money to recruit alliance players. But that is pointless because for a horde player the queue is instant. What would make more sense is for you, the mercenary to pay gold to the horde team to get a faster queue and get into battle faster.

From a real world scenario you're right, the horde would want to hire more combatants to help with the odds against them but this is not true in BGs because having more numbers doesn't make you have a higher win percentage. Seems like what you want is to get a couple of friends geared really well to carry horde or alliance players for gold to help them win. But your original idea doesn't make any sense from game mechanics.

Yes, this is what the server with more players would do. You'd pay to get a faster queue. The people with less people wouldn't pay to get a faster queue which is what you originally proposed and why everyone is saying your idea is bad (see above).

You mean guerrilla, and no, you would not be a guerrilla fighter by choosing to fight for an opposing faction. Guerrilla fighters use stealth along with hit-and-run tactics to wear down a foe who outnumbers and/or outguns them.
    No he actually means gorilla because a guerrilla fighter wouldn't want to be paid in bananas. The fact he used bananas is clearly indicative that he meant gorilla and not guerrilla.

Signature Created by Jassinta