Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by nico78956 View Post
    That is not what a phobia is. Humans are wired to be afraid of things that skitter. His fear has to be at an irrational level to be a phobia, and considering the fact that he can stand to get close enough to kill them, it would seem it is not.
    I almost wish a tickle monster were real...

edit: Buy peppermint plants. Apply insecticide powders on corners and edges. Spray mint all over your furniture before going to sleep.
    Last edited by Polybius; 2015-09-09 at 01:33 AM.

Deleted
    nuke your house from orbit, it is the only way to be sure

I wish it was spider what I'm dealing with instead of cockroaches. Spiders are clean and mind their business, but cockroaches are some nasty shit.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Dsonsion View Post
    I wish it was spider what I'm dealing with instead of cockroaches. Spiders are clean and mind their business, but cockroaches are some nasty shit.
    but at least cockroaches won't swallow your soul

Quote Originally Posted by nico78956 View Post
    That is not what a phobia is. Humans are wired to be afraid of things that skitter. His fear has to be at an irrational level to be a phobia, and considering the fact that he can stand to get close enough to kill them, it would seem it is not.
    If he can't stand to be in the same room as one then it is a phobia.
    “The biggest communication problem is we do not listen to understand. We listen to reply,” Stephen Covey.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Myx View Post
    now I can finally sleep peacefully tonight hahah
    No you can't, there's another one hiding on the curtains.

Get rid of their food, spiders eat insects. No insects in your house, the spiders starve.

"This will be a fight against overwhelming odds from which survival cannot be expected. We will do what damage we can."

-- Capt. Copeland

Don't get a frequency machine. Those things have unpredictable effects on other animals. If you have a pet, decent chance it'll act odd or even aggressive. What worked for me was citrus spray. Spiders and most bugs hate it. Never leave food around or dirty dishes either. Spray the citrus spray around all door frames and vents.

10+ Year Old Account
    Jungle spray isn't a repellent but it kills pretty much all bugs. I have a serious arachnophobia, I get a lot of black widows and other various spiders. I kill them all.

Deleted
    thank god I don't live in the UK, hilarious treat tho. I also can't stand spiders, freaks me out, I usually get the vacuum and suck them up, but recently someone told me they would just crawl out -_- one time there was this big fking spider on my wall, I ran to get the vacuum, but when I got back he was gone. so I got my bedsheets and got the f*ck out, slept on the coach downstairs. they should invent some device that electrocuetes every small living thing within an area.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by az2d View Post
    thank god I don't live in the UK
    There is not a single country on earth that has no spiders in it.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Lei Shi View Post
    There is not a single country on earth that has no spiders in it.
    Ikno but he said `spider season` that sounds horrific, I live in the Netherlands, its not a bad place tbh, I might see a fat creeper 2 times a year or so, and some small skinny ones but there not scary, its the fat big ones that freak me out.

but hey.. lets all take a moment and thank god that spiders don't fly

10+ Year Old Account
    Just kill them and leave their dead bodies on your walls. They will stay away.

Quote Originally Posted by Tommys View Post
    I've never heard of a physical device that deters any kind of bug. I wonder if this is a non-U.S. thing.
    Herb oil, such as eucalyptus, some water, some organic dish detergent, spray bottle, shake, spray around the floor boards, windows, and doors.

As an aside: play with ants. Rub your finger on your nose, and swipe it on the ground in their path. They'll start walking around your swipe.

Let's all ride the Gish gallop.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by az2d View Post
    but hey.. lets all take a moment and thank god that spiders don't fly
    They don't need to, they can catapult themselves across vast distances.

Just import a single Australian spider, it'll keep all the other spiders well the fuck away from your house except when they arrive to pay tribute to their new overlord. You can easily keep track of a single spider the size of your shoe so you'll never be afraid it's hiding about to get you.

If you need help I can probably mail you one if you can pay for the shipping container to send it over in.

EDIT: Best part is, they've recently found some funnel-web spiders 25-30 years old so if you get a young one it could be a good long-term investment.
    Last edited by Primalthirst; 2015-09-09 at 06:04 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Primalthirst View Post
    EDIT: Best part is, they've recently found some funnel-web spiders 25-30 years old so if you get a young one it could be a good long-term investment.
    I want one. Is it poisonous? I want to put it in a room with a bin of crawfish set loose, see who wins.

More importantly, do they taste good? (the spiders)

Let's all ride the Gish gallop.

Quote Originally Posted by belfpala View Post
    I want one. Is it poisonous? I want to put it in a room with a bin of crawfish set loose, see who wins.

More importantly, do they taste good? (the spiders)
    Fatally toxic.

They taste fine deep-fried, not as good as sauteed Tiger Snake, but not bad.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Get yourself a big old scorpion. They eat spiders. Just got to check your shoes before putting them on.
    Patience is a virtue. I never claimed to be virtuous.

Quote Originally Posted by Sicari View Post
    If he can't stand to be in the same room as one then it is a phobia.
    Not at all actually. People with arachnophobia can hardly even look at pictures of spiders let alone be anywhere near them. He would also have to be having panic attacks which he literally stated he does not.