View Poll Results: Is it ever the victims fault for being raped?

Voters
46. This poll is closed
  • Yes

7 15.22%
  • No

33 71.74%
  • It's the victims fault if she got drunk/left her drink unattended/was irresponsible

6 13.04%
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Revi View Post
    This is going to end well...

No, she is not responsible for the rape.

She can still be responsible for putting herself in a situation that greatly increases the risk of being raped. If I had a daughter and she told me she was going to get super drunk at a frat party and then just sleep it off in the bed with one of the frat boys, and that I shouldn't worry because she wasn't going to consent to sex - I'd never let her go, because that behavior is stupid as shit.

"I'm going to go to Jordan in a suit made of $100 bills, but don't you dare call me stupid if I get robbed, because I didn't tell them it was okey."
    My thoughts exactly. You can't fully claim the victim when you practically put yourself in a situation where you can (and probably will) be raped. At the same time though, people shouldn't be raping you, but y'know, it's bound to happen if you keep doing stupid shit like this, especially if you go alone/with other irresponsible idiots.
    Still wondering why I play this game.
    I'm a Rogue and I also made a spreadsheet for the Order Hall that is updated for BfA.

Quote Originally Posted by matheney2k View Post
    A girl has asked me to rape her before. Does that count?
    No because Rape RP is the bees knees
    WORLD POPULATION
    U.S pop 318.2 million,Mexico pop 122.3 million ,Russia 143.5 million S.K 50.22 million China 1.357 billion ,United Kingdom 64.1 million, Europe "as a whole" 742.5 million, Canada 35.16 million, South America 387.5 million,Africa 1.111 billion , Middle east 205 Million , Asia "not counting china" 3.009 B ,Greenland 56k,, Iceland 323k, S/N pole 1k-5k/2k

Quote Originally Posted by Winter Blossom View Post
    I don't see how this girl was to blame for being raped. In fact, it sounds more like the movie "The Accused".
    Because she pushed this guy to the edge. He was obviously also to blame, but like I said just equate it to taunting a murder and getting murdered.
    Do you expect it to only be the person who commits the crime's fault always?
    There SHOULD NOT be legal action taken against this girl in the situation we are discussing, but she is absolutely sharing the responsibility here.

This guy had no interest in her before she was taking her shirt off and waving it around.
    It is her fault for that, and his fault for being drunk and retarded enough to physically hurt a woman when he doesn't get his way.
    Last edited by Hey There Guys its Metro; 2015-09-20 at 08:16 PM.
    Owner of ONEAzerothTV
    Tanking, Blood DK Mythic+ Pugging, Soloing and WoW Challenges alongside other discussions about all things in World of Warcraft
    ONEAzerothTV

"Pushed to the edge"..... jesus
    Men continually try to explain how male sexual urges work to women. Women continue to be oblivious to it. back at ya

"Take the time to sit down and talk with your adversaries. You will learn something, and they will learn something from you. When two enemies are talking, they are not fighting. It's when the talking ceases that the ground becomes fertile for violence. So keep the conversation going."
    ~ Daryl Davis

10+ Year Old Account
    No. Rape is having sex against your will.

Maybe when the person who's being raped isn't doing anything to communicate that he/she doesn't want to have sex. In that situation I can see it being partially the victim's fault but at that point it isn't exactly classified as rape either, or is it? (serious question)

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by NoobistTV-Metro View Post
    Because she pushed this guy to the edge. He was obviously also to blame, but like I said just equate it to taunting a murder and getting murdered.
    Do you expect it to only be the person who commits the crime's fault always?
    There SHOULD NOT be legal action taken against this girl in the situation we are discussing, but she is absolutely sharing the responsibility here.

This guy had no interest in her before she was taking her shirt off and waving it around.
    It is her fault for that, and his fault for being drunk and retarded enough to physically hurt a woman when he doesn't get his way.
    Normal people don't attack others like that. Also, crime is a choice. It's always the criminals fault that a crime happened.

"Pushed to the edge"..... jesus
    There is not always a pure situation in every conflict and crime.
    Obviously a lot of cases where women are hurt are very tragic, but if you saw this occur as I did you would understand that there are cases where both parties can be in some degree at fault.

Saying that 100 percent of the time, no matter what has happened, the woman is 100 percent never culpable for her actions is just blindness or ignorance to how the world works, and more so how the human brain views sex.
    Owner of ONEAzerothTV
    Tanking, Blood DK Mythic+ Pugging, Soloing and WoW Challenges alongside other discussions about all things in World of Warcraft
    ONEAzerothTV

If she goes into a room with 100 men while naked and screams "Turn up the music and do me on the floor" and then no one can hear her say stop because she wanted the music loud, then MAYBE a tiny little bit... wait, no she isn't...

Quote Originally Posted by Lilla Blomma View Post
    Normal people don't attack others like that. Also, crime is a choice. It's always the criminals fault that a crime happened.
    Like I said, it was also his fault for sure.
    But its absolutely both of their faults in the situation I detailed.
    Only one committed a crime though.
    Owner of ONEAzerothTV
    ONEAzerothTV

Deleted
    Like I said, it was also his fault for sure.
    But its absolutely both of their faults in the situation I detailed.
    Only one committed a crime though.
    No, it's only the criminals fault. The criminal choose to commit a crime.

Quote Originally Posted by kaldeera View Post
    She isnt responsible BUT if you provoke a dog dont get mad if it bites
    This. While the rapist is still inherently to blame, the whole "wahhhhhh why did this happen to meeeeeeeeee" in cases where they did something stupid that put themselves in harm's way is dumb. If I go out for a run at night in all black clothing and get hit by a car, I am partially to blame for not wearing more visible clothing even if there were no laws saying I needed to do so. We do not live in a utopia and it seems only when it comes to rape do we need to pretend we do. Most insurances would either not pay out or pay out less if you got robbed while your doors and windows were all wide open. You don't see the rape crowd saying "AMG these insurance companies are blaming the victims". Victim blame was created as a term only because women were afraid to come out about rapes. Now you have quite the opposite where women come out about rapes, even those that never occurred.

However the woman is definitely to blame in the cases when she changed her mind post coitus and then called it rape which happens far more frequently than the vilify the rapist before proven guilty crowd would have you believe.

They are not responsible for the rape, but they can be responsible for putting themselves in a situation where they are more likely to be raped. It's all about situational awareness, some people have it, some people do not.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Machismo View Post
    They are not responsible for the rape, but they can be responsible for putting themselves in a situation where they are more likely to be raped. It's all about situational awareness, some people have it, some people do not.
    The most common situation where someone gets raped, it's by friends or their own partner, in their own home or their friends/parnters home.

Deleted
    Do you know that there are women who fake attraction, have sex with someone then claim it was rape and ask for money? Just like those people who throw themselves in front of cars to sue the car driver. So yes, in this case it is possible.

No, it's only the criminals fault. The criminal choose to commit a crime.
    I'm not talking about the legal repercussions.
    I'm talking about the social situation that occurred and resulted in a rape.
    If you read what I detailed its is obvious that it would not have even occurred if the woman was acting like a normal teenage girl.

Its her fault the social situation culminated, and it is his fault that he committed the crime of rape.
    He was prosecuted for his crimes, and she has admitted many times that she gets way too out of control at parties and needs to get help.

They both were responsible for the situation, but only one committed the crime.
    Owner of ONEAzerothTV
    ONEAzerothTV

The most common situation where someone gets raped, it's by friends or their own partner, in their own home or their friends/parnters home.
    And alcohol is often involved. Like I said, situational awareness is important.

10+ Year Old Account
    If you get shitfaced then you are at least partially responsible. Obviously the rapist is the most at fault, but you should expect there to be monsters out there and act/protect yourself accordingly.

Strawman:
    If an American decides to go to ISIL controlled territory in Syria or Iraq and gets captured... They are pretty damn responsible for that. Yes ISIL are the monsters here, but you should have the intelligence to not go there. Likewise you should have the intelligence to not get blackout drunk in the presence of people you do not know or cannot trust.

Also biased poll is biased. Two choices that pretty much indicate the same thing and 1 choice for no makes it look like the no is overwhelming.

Quote Originally Posted by I Push Buttons View Post
    If you get shitfaced then you are at least partially responsible. Obviously the rapist is the most at fault, but you should expect there to be monsters out there and act/protect yourself accordingly.

Strawman:
    If an American decides to go to ISIL controlled territory in Syria or Iraq and gets captured... They are pretty damn responsible for that. Yes ISIL are the monsters here, but you should have the intelligence to not go there. Likewise you should have the intelligence to not get blackout drunk in the presence of people you do not know or cannot trust.
    But that does not make her responsible for his action, merely responsible for being an easy target for the man to commit the crime.

Deleted
    I'm not talking about the legal repercussions.
    I'm talking about the social situation that occurred and resulted in a rape.
    If you read what I detailed its is obvious that it would not have even occurred if the woman was acting like a normal teenage girl.

Its her fault the social situation culminated, and it is his fault that he committed the crime of rape.
    He was prosecuted for his crimes, and she has admitted many times that she gets way too out of control at parties and needs to get help.

They both were responsible for the situation, but only one committed the crime.
    Still isn't her fault.