Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

You can play as non-worgen "worgen" + transformation workaround

As you can see Here you can abuse blizzards unstuck mechanic to escape gilneas as level one.

But as stated in the video, in the description and in the comments blizzard has fixed this as if you log out and log back in after doing this skip you will be automatically given the Worgen Form, all their racials and the Two Forms ability.

But I tested a (tiresome in the long run, but working so far) way to work around this...

Instead of destroying your hearthstone in the beginning like stated in the video you can simply cast the Hearthstone so that it is on cooldown and then the Unstuck works just like in the video, killing you and letting you flee Gilneas.

As you have escaped gilneas and played a little and leveled up your character as normal and you want to log out, here's what you have to do:

Since you didn't destroy your hearthstone at the Gilneas Merchant Square (there is no Innkeeper at this location) you can Hearthstone back to the very Gilnean starting zone and the game does not force you to be a Worgen.

I leveled my Human(!) Druid to level 10 outside Gilneas and then Hearthstoned back, at the starting zone I logged out and back in and it didn't force me into the Worgen Form.

Proof that I went outside and leveled in Elwynn, this is after I logged back in and as you can see, I don't have auto-learned the forms and racials.

So you can stay forever as a proud Gilnean <Insert Class Here> but you have to Hearthstone back to Gilneas every time you log out, and do the skip again every time you log in. And you can never set your hearthstone anywhere else.

Edit: You cannot use any queues before completing the Gilneas quests, and entering dungeons or mage portals does not force you to learn worgen form.
    Last edited by Deztru; 2015-10-19 at 07:53 PM.

Deleted
    nice

/10char

10+ Year Old Account
    Though, cool discovery, it would count as an exploit. And you may rist a suspension, or ban.
    Last edited by Lochton; 2015-10-19 at 06:06 PM.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Quote Originally Posted by Gehco View Post
    Though, cool discovery, it would count as an exploit. And you may rist a suspension, or ban.
    Sounds more like a creative use of mechanics to me ... I want to see somebody level to 100 like this. That could be fun, like DoubleAgent the neutral 100 pandaren

and then one day you randomly DC outside of gil'neas.
    ..and so he left, with terrible power in shaking hands.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Edlarel View Post
    Sounds more like a creative use of mechanics to me ... I want to see somebody level to 100 like this. That could be fun, like DoubleAgent the neutral 100 pandaren
    There is a fine line between "creative use of mechanics" and "exploits". Leaving a zone that you are not ment to leave till a certain event has been completed, that counts under exploits. Unlike DoubleAgent who was located on the Wandering Isle, he didn't have to leave.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Baconeggcheese View Post
    and then one day you randomly DC outside of gil'neas.
    Yup, that would be the ruining part then. Or server reset.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

10+ Year Old Account
    There is a fine line between "creative use of mechanics" and "exploits". Leaving a zone that you are not ment to leave till a certain event has been completed, that counts under exploits. Unlike DoubleAgent who was located on the Wandering Isle, he didn't have to leave.
    It is very close to that fine line, which side though I can't say exactly.

But, as far as I know only exploits that give you an advantage over others are suspendable or bannable. You don't get any racials this way and actually hinders you and gives advantage to others.

Exploits are used to gain an advantage. There is no gameplay advantage, its purely cosmetic.

If anything he is at a disadvantage since he has no racial passives, if you look in the spellbook from his picture.
    Last edited by Typhoria; 2015-10-19 at 07:17 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Deztru View Post
    It is very close to that fine line, which side though I can't say exactly.

But, as far as I know only exploits that give you an advantage over others are suspendable or bannable. You don't get any racials this way and actually hinders you and gives advantage to others.
    Suspensions also strike if you are reaching what you aren't supposed to do. Most though get warnings, but I know of few whom has been suspended for going on a sightseeing.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Typhoria View Post
    Exploits are used to gain an advantage. There is no gameplay advantage, its purely cosmetic.

If anything he is at a disadvantage since he has no racial passives, if you look in the spellbook from his picture.
    Exploits is not about advantage and disadvantage only. It is about what you do is ment to be done or not.

15+ Year Old Account
    Suspensions also strike if you are reaching what you aren't supposed to do. Most though get warnings, but I know of few whom has been suspended for going on a sightseeing.

- - - Updated - - -

Exploits is not about advantage and disadvantage only. It is about what you do is ment to be done or not.
    Punishable exploits are generally when a player uses a hack or outside program to do something they're not supposed to, or when a player gains an advantage with game mechanics. Generally, if what you are doing is 100% within the limits of the game, and you gain no discernible advantage from it, then it is not punishable.

Of course, Blizzard can do what they want and could very well slap you with a ban for this just because they can, but I highly doubt it. More than likely they will just hotfix it to make all worgens automatically learn the passives at a certain level and be done with it.

I would be interested to see what happens at level 20 when you learn Running Wild but don't have the worgen form.

Sig by Isilrien

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Deztru View Post
    As you can see Here you can abuse blizzards unstuck mechanic to escape gilneas as level one.

A few things:

First, Heels took his content from this video by WizardTrokair, which is four years old: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AJxN8bwkCeA. Please give credit to the original creator of the method, which Heels didn't have the decency to do.

Second, I've been doing this since the Wizard uploaded it and it isn't something you will get banned for.

As Furitrix points out it is possible to get banned for exploration, but there's generally something else going on when that happens. Blizzard is concerned about "instability" ie it doesn't really know how the forbidden areas work as they never expected people to go there, so there may be something there which could potentially damage the game. For example there was a possibility of creating infinite npc's in old ironforge airfield before that area was opened to players, and crashing the server. Provided you don't do anything silly Blizzard generally don't know and don't care what you do.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Furitrix View Post

This Worgen trick however, dunno. It's not like they're accessing "forbidden areas" or anything, but it's a clear way of using game mechanics for unintended purposes.
    The Worgen trick requires you to leave the Gilneas starter zone and enter a version of Silverpine Forest, so that is actually a forbidden area.
    Last edited by mmoc1414832408; 2015-10-20 at 12:05 AM.

Maybe, but, then again, this is 'exploit' doesn't give the player any kind of gameplay advantage over anyone. They just don't get to transform, which is purely a cosmetic thing, so it might be worth a ban.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Why would you waste all this time instead of just rolling a human? I'm confused
    Sylvaeres-Azkial-Pailerth @Proudmoore

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ielenia View Post
    Maybe, but, then again, this is 'exploit' doesn't give the player any kind of gameplay advantage over anyone. They just don't get to transform, which is purely a cosmetic thing, so it might be worth a ban.
    To be fair Blizzard arbitarily change their minds on what is and isn't an exploit on a completely illogical basis.

They declared the world first lich king kill and the first to 90 in Pandaria respectively to have unfairly used exploits, then reversed their decision only days later. They have never provided any clear definition as to what an exploit is.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Azkial View Post
    Lots of people had fun in the past running on all fours as a human. That was pretty damn cool.

Quote Originally Posted by Azkial View Post
    Probably to be a "Human" druid which is not possible unless this is done.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Furitrix View Post
    Not correct. People sometimes get banned because they forced their way into blocked off zones or bypassed invisible walls.

That HeelsvsBabyface guy (Az or whatever his name is) recently received a warning he'd get suspended if he kept doing more of these "access hidden zone" things he has been doing recently on his videos and in one of them all he did was charge neutral NPC that was on a cliff behind an invisible wall, to access a part of the Goblin starter area that players weren't supposed to reach.

Back in Vanilla people got banned because they entered Mount Hyjal by wallhopping or blinking through invisible walls.
    Blizzard will punish people for accessing areas they don't want reached.

This Worgen trick however, dunno. It's not like they're accessing "forbidden areas" or anything, but it's a clear way of using game mechanics for unintended purposes.
    That's why I said "generally". And as you said, most of those were just warnings, not suspensions or bans. I can also cite dozens of examples of cheezing or exploiting that aren't punished, such as the "strat" for the Lich King fight in the 5man in Wrath. You were supposed to be chased by him, but by doing a few things (I honestly forget what, I never did the "strat") you could bypass the chase entirely and the fight became much easier. No one was ever banned or even chastised for it. It was simply fixed so that you couldn't do that anymore.

Which I agree it's a large grey area, in general, again, as long as what you are doing is within the game's mechanics and you're not gaining an advantage, you're not generally banned. As long as you're not doing stuff like this on the regular, the most you can probably expect is a warning.

But, do at your own risk.

Sig by Isilrien

Maybe they should fix their game instead of banning/suspending people for playing the game the way it was coded.

Quote Originally Posted by Typhoria View Post

Plenty of people have been banned for "exploration" and all kinds of other non-"advantageous" activities.

Quote Originally Posted by Brandon138 View Post
    Maybe they should fix their game instead of banning/suspending people for playing the game the way it was coded.
    Spoken like someone who has never coded anything longer than a simple add/subtract calculator. Fixes are rarely as simple as "*type type type* done!"

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Torgent View Post
    Spoken like someone who has never coded anything longer than a simple add/subtract calculator. Fixes are rarely as simple as "*type type type* done!"
    It's really odd from the start though that there just happens to be gaps in the invisible walls around the gilneas, and that the killboxes at the shore of Silverpine just suddenly end before the trees.