Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst
LastLast
    3rd dimensionals are points moving acrossa line

4th dimensionals are lines moving from one point to the next

actually this is a crappy analogy, but im too tired to bother correcting it. the video was already posted, kek
    Last edited by apples; 2015-10-23 at 03:47 PM.

- 1st - length (x)
    2nd - height (y)
    3rd - depth (z)
    4th - time
    5th - Alternate Worlds – Time and Space combined. Time can move up, down, left, right.
    Exploration of all permutations and possibilities. Alternatives.
    6th - Alternate Worlds *
    7th - Possible Worlds that start with different initial conditions. (through 10) Different universes with different laws of physics and combing previous dimensions.
    8th - “ “
    9th - Compare all possible universe histories.
    10th - All possible and imaginable is covered
    Beyond this, nothing can be imagined by us lowly mortals, which makes it the natural limitation of what we can conceive in terms of dimensions. Beyond human comprehension, even if we used 100% of our brain

Bloodsail Admiral Grumpy Old Man's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by bigfootbigd View Post
    Beyond human comprehension, even if we used 100% of our brain
    We do use 100% of our brain.
    Quote Originally Posted by MoanaLisa View Post
    YouTubers are a plague. Fuck 'em. All of them.

Quote Originally Posted by StayTuned View Post
    http://www.scientificamerican.com/ar...charges-and-m/

Magnets can bend space and as such can also affect time. Thats how I understand it.

And really... an MRI is not powerful enough to do anything noticeable. Just like moving in a yet won't make you feel any difference in timeflow, although there is one
    Yea, as far as I'm aware in GR anything with energy causes gravitation, so even the EM field will. But it's as you say: too insignificant to be noticeable.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zantos View Post
    There are no 2 species that are 100% identical.
    Quote Originally Posted by Redditor
    can you leftist twits just fucking admit that quantum mechanics has fuck all to do with thermodynamics, that shit is just a pose?

Not unless you have found a way to manipulate time and space

Partying in Valhalla
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by grumpyoldman View Post
    Just not at the same time, otherwise we'd be spasming all over the place.

Quote Originally Posted by Tunnel Snakes Rule View Post
    Just not at the same time, otherwise we'd be spasming all over the place.
    "Being in Use" does not necessarily equal "being active". Neurons can be "in use" - as in participating in the outcome - even when they do not actively contribute.
    If you take the binary number 10010 then the "0"s can be seen as "inacitve" but they still take part in defining the outcome, otherwise you'd get "11 = 10010" and the binary system would collapse.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by grumpyoldman View Post
    Not consciously. Some if it is on standby til we need it, some of it controls our involuntary muscles, some if it we don't know what the hell its doing. If we could CONTROL all of it, it would be the equivalent of your computer's memory becoming it's RAM. We would have IQ's in the tens of thousands.

Quote Originally Posted by Selastan View Post
    Not consciously. Some if it is on standby til we need it, some of it controls our involuntary muscles, some if it we don't know what the hell its doing. If we could CONTROL all of it, it would be the equivalent of your computer's memory becoming it's RAM. We would have IQ's in the tens of thousands.
    I don't see how being able to consciously use the part of our brain that controls involuntary muscles would raise your IQ, for example. Hooking up a printer to a computer doesn't make the computer compute any faster.
    can you leftist twits just fucking admit that quantum mechanics has fuck all to do with thermodynamics, that shit is just a pose?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Garnier Fructis View Post
    I don't see how being able to consciously use the part of our brain that controls involuntary muscles would raise your IQ, for example. Hooking up a printer to a computer doesn't make the computer compute any faster.
    But adding the memory of it to your RAM would make it faster. Having a third arm wouldn't make you smarter, but if every neuron in your brain could be accessed by your conscious thought...

But adding the memory of it to your RAM would make it faster. Having a third arm wouldn't make you smarter, but if every neuron in your brain could be accessed by your conscious thought...
    Why are we allowed to assume that structures in the brain can just be re-purposed this way? Not every neuron is the same.

I'm not really trying to counter your point but... if you can incorporate muscle memory to your understanding of various concepts, you may be able to improve your memory and your understanding of those concepts. Our brains have an easier time memorizing concepts when they have multiple sources of information. Just food for thought. I do agree with you that simply accessing more of your brain won't necessarily cause massive leaps in intelligence, though.

Deleted
    time is no dimension

That is assuming your that your system's bottle neck is the ram and parallel processing could be used sensible. It's also not like we can just repurpose every brain cell how we want it. Furthermore, if we stay with your analogy, misusing dedicated systems for something else might actually be detrimental to overall performance. The whole argument usually is just pseudo-scientific mumbo-jumbo.

Quote Originally Posted by Dendrek View Post
    I'm not really trying to counter your point but... if you can incorporate muscle memory to your understanding of various concepts, you may be able to improve your memory and your understanding of those concepts. Our brains have an easier time memorizing concepts when they have multiple sources of information. Just food for thought. I do agree with you that simply accessing more of your brain won't necessarily cause massive leaps in intelligence, though.
    Yea, I can see that.

10+ Year Old Account
    Isn't it true that everything we see and observe is in 2D since to see an object in 3D we would have to see every side and corner of it from one angle?
    im cool pls respodn

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Haidaes View Post
    That is assuming your that your system's bottle neck is the ram and parallel processing could be used sensible. It's also not like we can just repurpose every brain cell how we want it. Furthermore, if we stay with your analogy, misusing dedicated systems for something else might actually be detrimental to overall performance. The whole argument usually is just pseudo-scientific mumbo-jumbo.
    It was just an analogy, I actually know very little about computers. I know RAM = Speed and if I could somehow take the 6 terabytes of memory I'm not using and add it to my RAM, that would be sick.

Deleted
    Why are we allowed to assume that structures in the brain can just be re-purposed this way? Not every neuron is the same.
    wtf are you talking about brain plasticity is a knows thing people with half a brain gain are proof of that they the half that remains gains function of other half people with damage in brain direct more "energy"" to other parts
    we don t use 100% of our brain at 100% capacity at the same time it s not how much we use its how much we use +the capacity we use
    like neuron 1 at 88% neuron 2 at 4% neuron 3 at 100% and so on you would prob over heat if you would use all at 100% at same time anyways
    Last edited by mmoc1bc8e6de49; 2015-10-23 at 10:00 PM.

Deleted
    Except that time is a man made construct and doesn't actually exist. The universe doesn't give a shit about our "supposed" dimension called time and for it only NOW exists.

And now that I've said that and doubt my own statement because senior scientists like to talk about time and space I'll have to google to see what our observations tell us, BRB
    Last edited by mmocf1858d9362; 2015-10-23 at 10:03 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Form3r View Post
    Except that time is a man made construct and doesn't actually exist. The universe doesn't give a shit about our "supposed" dimension called time and for it only NOW exists.

And now that I've said that and doubt my own statement because senior scientists like to talk about time and space I'll have to google to see what our observations tell us, BRB
    yea humans observe time trow the human brain with is a device that assigns values to things just to make them work its like when you use the internet but you have no idea how the pc works or you dont know the code to make that happen or you don t knwo the quantum mechanics that makes the transistors in pc work