Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    I drink or smoke to avoid them. The ones I have are vivid, and quite often nightmarish. Makes it hard to have a restful night of sleep.

My favorite dream was me and my roomates at the time being stuck in a Sam's Club overnight being hunted by a yuatja.

A common theme is the slow run towards or away from something. Like, everytime it seems I need to run in my dream I take these long, floaty strides, like I could almost fly.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by breadisfunny View Post
    the best i can do is realize i'm dreaming which is often but nothing changes. i'm still just a spectator unable to take control.
    the best i can do is try and steer the dream in a better direction. it's really frustrating how do you lucid dream reliably?
    Honestly I have no clue. Probably due to the amount of day dreaming I do. I'm always fantasizing about stuff.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by unfilteredJW View Post
    I drink or smoke to avoid them. The ones I have are vivid, and quite often nightmarish. Makes it hard to have a restful night of sleep.

My favorite dream was me and my roomates at the time being stuck in a Sam's Club overnight being hunted by a yuatja.

Another common theme is the slow run towards or away from something. Like, everytime it seems I need to run in my dream I take these long, floaty strides, like I could almost fly.
    that used to be a common theme was the chasing. but it's mostly gone away. although now it's starting to come back again. although i am having more and more sexy dreams. they used to be extremely rare.
    r.i.p. alleria. 1997-2017. blizzard ruined alleria forever. blizz assassinated alleria's character and appearance.
    i will never forgive you for this blizzard.

I don't know why but whenever I take Nyquil my dreams seem extra long and extra weird. My dreams are always weird and I dream about alot of things. Alot of dreams I have involve me flying or doing acrobatics, lol...
    Quote Originally Posted by Deleth View Post
    Ah come on Granyala, there's several possible reasons for it. A few that would get us banned here like pointing out a deficite in his mental capacity.
    Quote Originally Posted by Oktoberfest View Post
    Man I swear, every time someone uses the term 'Critical Thinking' I want to pop em in the mouth.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    Honestly I have no clue. Probably due to the amount of day dreaming I do. I'm always fantasizing about stuff.
    i am too. what is the difference....
    r.i.p. alleria. 1997-2017. blizzard ruined alleria forever. blizz assassinated alleria's character and appearance.

Like when I dreamed my family died, I woke up crying really bad.
    I know the feeling... The last nightmare I had, was more or less my sister dying on my arms, while there was nothing I could do to help her. I woke up crying aswell. The worst part is remembering it all in such detail after over a week. Still haunts me.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    True, I was just bored and tired but you are correct.

Last edited by Thwart; Today at 05:21 PM. Reason: Infracted for flaming
    Quote Originally Posted by epigramx View Post
    millennials were the kids of the 9/11 survivors.

7+ Year Old Account
    the best i can do is realize i'm dreaming which is often but nothing changes. i'm still just a spectator unable to take control.
    the best i can do is try and steer the dream in a better direction. it's really frustrating how do you lucid dream reliably?
    Ingest Dolphin sperm
    im just kidding, it helps to try to remember your dreams afterwards and focus on what you want to dream about before you fall asleep

- - - Updated - - -

Too much sex related thoughts?
    You could try thinking about something more simple that may help

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Linadra View Post
    I know the feeling... The last nightmare I had, was more or less my sister dying on my arms, while there was nothing I could do to help her. I woke up crying aswell. The worst part is remembering it all in such detail after over a week. Still haunts me.
    i'm constantly dreaming at least once a week about my dog honor. i miss him so much.

10+ Year Old Account

Girl power clearly!

The one this morning was just awful. Girl of my dreams, literally. Vivid experience with her. I woke up mid leaning in for that first, real kiss.

Fucking brutal way to start the day.

There's a bunch of methods. I write a symbol on my hand and get into a habit of checking it. When I check it in my dream it tends to be different etc. and that's the click I need to lucid dream.

10+ Year Old Account
    Although it's super annoying to dream about sex, then wake up being frustrated. Or being held by s dude but waking up to cats laying on you.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sir Riptor View Post
    Ingest Dolphin sperm
    im just kidding, it helps to try to remember your dreams afterwards and focus on what you want to dream about before you fall asleep

- - - Updated - - -

Too much sex?
    now that i think about it...that last line did work the last time when i had my lucid dream....although i was also at the point where i was gonna fall back asleep anyways...maybe if i time those two just right....

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by unfilteredJW View Post
    The one this morning was just awful. Girl of my dreams, literally. Vivid experience with her. I woke up mid leaning in for that first, real kiss.

Fucking brutal way to start the day.
    I thought you were going to say her face turned into cthulu and killed you

10+ Year Old Account
    I seem to remember them all crystal clear in detail after I've woken up. It's fun until I have a nightmare... I can still remember one I had over a week ago. Very unpleasant :/
    Yeah but you are only remembering them because you woke up during the dream.

Honestly? This was worse.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jakexe View Post
    There's a bunch of methods. I write a symbol on my hand and get into a habit of checking it. When I check it in my dream it tends to be different etc. and that's the click I need to lucid dream.
    i did that for a couple of months....it got annoying really fast to have to interrupt what i'm doing to do a reality check. and it didn't produce any results even after 2 months of constantly doing reality checks. i'm still keeping a lucid dream journal and that had better results. it helped me remember my dreams better. i'm even remembering dreams i had forgotten but suddenly just remembered i had.

- - - Updated - - -

odd one of my first dreams recorded involved me and cthulu working together.....

- - - Updated - - -

Girl power clearly!
    i'm not falling for your unicorn bunny powerpuff rainbow my little pony assassination tricks.

Although it's super annoying to dream about sex, then wake up being frustrated. Or being held by s dude but waking up to cats laying on you.
    Hmm...I wake up feeling like super hot after those, but it leaves me with a happy feeling. The day tends to be more joyful as result.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    True, I was just bored and tired but you are correct.

Last edited by Thwart; Today at 05:21 PM. Reason: Infracted for flaming
    Quote Originally Posted by epigramx View Post
    millennials were the kids of the 9/11 survivors.

Honestly the scariest dream I have ever had involved the Lich King from WoW. It was in my school and he was in my school and he was killing people but the worst part was he was also like stealing there souls so they could never die in peace. He then started looking for me. And I honestly ran for my life around my school. I turned a corner and he was waiting there. I finally lost him in the halls of my school but he was still looking for me while killing other people in my school. It was honestly the scariest thing I've ever felt in my life. I'm very into lore so I read all the stuff the Lich King did. All the stuff in the games (Warcraft 3 and WoW) and also all the stuff explained in the books etc. So I was super scared. It felt so...real.

i did that for a couple of months....it got annoying really fast to have to interrupt what i'm doing to do a reality check. and it didn't produce any results even after 2 months of constantly doing reality checks. i'm still keeping a lucid dream journal and that had better results. it helped me remember my dreams better. i'm even remembering dreams i had forgotten but suddenly just remembered i had.
    You could always get addicted to venalfaxine and quit. That produces the most insane lucid dreaming I've ever had.

I know some people that write about what they want to dream about before bed and focus on that narrative when sleeping. Never worked for me but they swear by it.