Page 1 of 4
... LastLast

Paladin artifacts

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/blog/19942705

Ashbringer we all knew, the other two looks good!

Thoughts?

Holy Paladins no longer having a shield will be really disappointing to me if that ends up being the case.

Quote Originally Posted by Dreamguard View Post
    Holy Paladins no longer having a shield will be really disappointing to me if that ends up being the case.
    Since it comes with a libram in the preview, and one of the selling points of Legion is less restrictive transmogrification rules, I would imagine you'll be able to transmogrify the libram into a shield. Plus, perhaps one of the customization options for the artifact will include a shield version.

Deleted
    NO GOD! NO GOD PLEASE NO! NOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!! Don't want to see those holy artifacts again. Now I need some holy water in my eyes. Hope I will be able to transmogr them.

Quote Originally Posted by LLmmo View Post
    NO GOD! NO GOD PLEASE NO! NOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!! Don't want to see those holy artifacts again. Now I need some holy water in my eyes. Hope I will be able to transmogr them.
    When they announced artifacts they said you could transmogrify them. Unless things have changed since then, you should be able to make them look like whatever you want.

10+ Year Old Account
    I like the lore behind the Holy weapon.
    Hi

Quote Originally Posted by Asrialol View Post
    I like the lore behind the Holy weapon.
    Agreed. Tyr's Hammer is really cool.

Deleted
    Giving Ashbringer to Ret - a perenially awful spec - but not to other paladin specs is the rough equivalent of handing a 3-year-old the keys to a vintage Ferrari.

What a bloody waste.

Quote Originally Posted by PraisetheSun View Post
    Giving Ashbringer to Ret - a perenially awful spec - but not to other paladin specs is the rough equivalent of handing a 3-year-old the keys to a vintage Ferrari.

What a bloody waste.
    Maybe, just maybe Ret won't peak at the middle of the pack this time :P

Deleted
    I don't really care if Prot doesn't get something with lore behind it, because I don't care that much about lore. I just hope there's a sword skin in there somewhere that isn't so thick, along with a colour scheme that actually matches armor.

You know what, though? I'm really fucking jelly of Warlocks right now. A fucking floating demonic skull as an artifact? Holy shit that's sick.
    Last edited by mmoc4359933d3d; 2015-11-06 at 09:15 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I want to hold the belief that we'll see more librams attached to the belt models.
    Quote Originally Posted by A Chozo View Post
    Humans Paladins don't have "a lot of lore" behind them.

Still, I think Paladins got the best artifact weapons.

Quote Originally Posted by PraisetheSun View Post

What a bloody waste.
    Why would you give a 2h sword to prot? That's just silly. I guess you could give it to Holy, but since holy isn't exactly a damage spec and the whole point of Ashbringer is KILLING shit, it would be kind of stupid...

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Hextor View Post
    Maybe, just maybe Ret won't peak at the middle of the pack this time :P
    And maybe they will use Ashbringer for something other than autoattack and CS(and TV)... and wont use conjured hammers, but smack stuff with the actual weapon

Then again, that would require whole spec rework... much needed at that too... if we want to be actual holy warriors and not conjurers/melee priests that wave hands in enemies face to spellcast and put weapon on their back in melee combat

Quote Originally Posted by zknm7 View Post
    I guess you could give it to Holy, but since holy isn't exactly a damage spec and the whole point of Ashbringer is KILLING shit, it would be kind of stupid...
    And yet the description for the Holy weapon on the site says:

Holy Paladins wield the power of light in the form of The Silver Hand, a hammer that has seen countless battles and felled many foes. In the hands of this holy crusader, allies are reinvigorated even in the most desperate fight.
    Not that I care about Ashbringer, personally, but the use of the weapon seems rather irrelevant since they clearly state the Holy mace was used to, as you say, kill shit.

Prot's artifact weapon is fairly meh, but Holy and Ret is great by comparison. Hopefully Prot gets great skins.

But seriously, look at Paladins in Warcraft, they use Librams. Giving Holy a Libram was the best choice they could have made. Now if only it hung on a chain on your body like in WC

10+ Year Old Account
    I am really digging the Holy artifacts. We get to wield what is essentially an iconic paladin hammer in one hand and a holy libram in the other. And unless the art is mirrored, it looks like we hold the book in our right hand and the weapon in our right...

My hope is that the hammer sheathes on the back and the libram sits on our waist rather than becoming invisible when put away.

Quote Originally Posted by Silver-Fox View Post
    I am really digging the Holy artifacts. We get to wield what is essentially an iconic paladin hammer in one hand and a holy libram in the other. And unless the art is mirrored, it looks like we hold the book in our right hand and the weapon in our right...

My hope is that the hammer sheathes on the back and the libram sits on our waist rather than becoming invisible when put away.
    i'm so jealous of holy right now. Ashbringer means nothing to me i'm all about them hammers =/

Deleted
    Very happy with pally artifacts in general. I just hope the book will somehow be visible.

Disappointed that they're all connected to Silver Hand lore. What about draenei, blood elves, and tauren?