Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    I'm curious if you'll still be able to have multiple specs of the same type, for example 1 discipline spec for pve and 1 discipline spec for pvp. Or 1 outlaw spec for aoe and 1 outlaw spec for single target.

Why limit Demon Hunters to 2 specs? What if someone wants to have 2 Havoc specs set up for pvp and pve and also 1 Vengeance spec? They specifically said only druids will have access to 4 specs because that happens to be the number of specializations they have, but I think every class should be able to create at least 4 spec trees.

Another nightmare for raiders
    Requiring more sets for raiding
    Anemo: traveler, Sucrose
    Pyro: Yanfei, Amber, diluc, xiangling, thoma, Xinyan, Bennett
    Geo: Noelle, Ningguang, Yun Jin, Gorou
    Hydro: Barbara, Zingqiu, Ayato
    Cyro: Shenhe, Kaeya, Chongyun, Diona, Ayaka, Rosaria
    Electro: Fischl, Lisa, Miko, Kujou, Raiden, Razor

10+ Year Old Account
    Personnally I don't care. I usually only play one spec. But more choices the better I guess.

Quote Originally Posted by sykoex View Post
    I'm curious if you'll still be able to have multiple specs of the same type, for example 1 discipline spec for pve and 1 discipline spec for pvp. Or 1 outlaw spec for aoe and 1 outlaw spec for single target.

Why limit Demon Hunters to 2 specs? What if someone wants to have 2 Havoc specs set up for pvp and pve and also 1 Vengeance spec? They specifically said only druids will have access to 4 specs because that happens to be the number of specializations they have, but I think every class should be able to create at least 4 spec trees.
    My raid groups just had to learn to live with the fact that my shadow priest and resto druid were going to be PVP specced.
    Quote Originally Posted by THE Bigzoman View Post
    Meant Wetback. That's what the guy from Home Depot called it anyway.
    ==================================
    If you say pls because it is shorter than please,
    I'll say no because it is shorter than yes.
    ==================================

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I won't play any tank class. People will expect me to tank.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

Quote Originally Posted by Slowpoke is a Gamer View Post
    So business as usual.

RL: "We need you to go spec into tank."
    SP: "But that's a long way away and it'll take time and -"
    RL: "We'll drop a lock closet, just get it over with."
    Probably not as the only difference between those since Mists is about four to five talent swaps that don't require redoing your tree.
    Soothing Mist:"Healing them for a minor amount every 0.5 sec, until you take any other action."
    Jade Serpent Statue: "The statue will also begin casting Soothing Mist on your target. healing for 50% as much as yours. "
    [What's half of minor?]
    "Statue casts Soothing Mist at a nearby ally for toddler healing."

PvP talents are separate from PvE talents, even PvE talents can be changed at the click of a button with no cost, why would this need to be a thing?
    Frequent Poster on Fluid Druid, The best Feral community out there

My Character

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TheWindWalker View Post
    So business as usual.

RL: "We need you to go spec into tank."
    SP: "But that's a long way away and it'll take time and -"
    RL: "We'll drop a lock closet, just get it over with."
    Never heard Lock Closet before, but I like it.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

Deleted
    As long as addons add support for 3-4 profiles...
    But in reality, in raiding you play your role. If you're required to switch it's usually to another class that fills the same role (because your current got nerfed etc).

Having to learn encounters for 3 spec is.. ugh.. not going to happen.

Quote Originally Posted by Slowpoke is a Gamer View Post
    I guess you could tell them that your tank artifact is at an extremely low level and you never bothered tanking with that class.

Having to make choices is bad, apparently. More QoL appeasement.

Quote Originally Posted by Cracked View Post
    The downside of this is that you probably won't be able to have twice the same spec come Legion.
    If the default UI doesn't let you save individual spec make-ups, there will most definitely be an addon for it. I'm 90% positive.

Only thing I can think of discussing is either celebrating with a glass of beer or a bowl of herbs. Screw it, both.

So many people complaining about being forced to play something you don't want to; grow some balls. "I don't want to!". Done.

If you don't have your (insert role here) artifact, you won't be capable of playing the role anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Delekii View Post
    So many people complaining about being forced to play something you don't want to; grow some balls. "I don't want to!". Done.

If you don't have your (insert role here) artifact, you won't be capable of playing the role anyway.
    Hooray for adding a feature for the 1%, i suppose. We, the vast majority that will continue to play a single spec, or better said role, celebrate with you in what marks the end of an agonizing struggle only people with 3 characters on their whole account have.

Quote Originally Posted by Cracked View Post
    The downside of this is that you probably won't be able to have twice the same spec come Legion.
    That is the only mechanics issue.
    Some used it to store more than just talent changes, but action bars/keybinds as well.
    Addons can resolve that, but it isn't an ideal solution there.
    Short of adding in extra action bar "layout" slots, perhaps 2 per spec.

An issue that may or may not play out is the community's reaction to that.
    Will players then be expected to, be pressured into switching between a greater variety of their specs now to provide the "optimal" spec for a certain encounter.
    Relics and Artifact progression MAY if they are a sufficient contributor stop that pressure since an otherwise superior, but under-progressed spec isn't as good.
    Time will tell.

Quote Originally Posted by Edlarel View Post
    If the default UI doesn't let you save individual spec make-ups, there will most definitely be an addon for it. I'm 90% positive.
    There are already yes.
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    Your forgot to include the part where we blame casuals for everything because blizzard is catering to casuals when casuals got jack squat for new content the entire expansion, like new dungeons and scenarios.
    Quote Originally Posted by Reinaerd View Post
    T'is good to see there are still people valiantly putting the "Ass" in assumption.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zanjin View Post
    Another nightmare for raiders
    Requiring more sets for raiding
    Watchumean? For pure classes this means there's once again a hybrid tax. As we can pick the best spec for any encounter. For you hybrids, doesn't gear change to match your spec?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by xxxDkDkxxx View Post
    As long as addons add support for 3-4 profiles...
    But in reality, in raiding you play your role. If you're required to switch it's usually to another class that fills the same role (because your current got nerfed etc).

Having to learn encounters for 3 spec is.. ugh.. not going to happen.
    This is frikkin awesome for pure classes.
    It was never Hardcore Vs Casual. It was Socialites Vs. Solo players
    Quote Originally Posted by ringpriest View Post
    World of Warcraft started life as a Computer Roleplaying Game, where part of the fun of the game experience was pretending to be your character. Stuff like applying poisons and eating food enhanced the verisimilitude of the experience of playing a fantasy character in another world. Now that game has changed to become a tactical arcade lobby game.

Quote Originally Posted by Orly View Post
    Hooray for adding a feature for the 1%, i suppose. We, the vast majority that will continue to play a single spec, or better said role, celebrate with you in what marks the end of an agonizing struggle only people with 3 characters on their whole account have.
    There are two posters in this entire thread who are anything other than 100% positive about this change. There is literally no downside. People who want to change specs, which is MOST people at some point, can do so more easily than before. People who don't are unaffected. Get over it.

Quote Originally Posted by melodramocracy View Post
    Having to make choices is bad, apparently. More QoL appeasement.
    We're past that point though. When you could only have 1 spec at a time and changing specs was actually expensive, that's when having to make a choice worked. But now it's just cumbersome.