H Archimonde Help

Having a little bit of trouble at the end of the fight with living shadows reaching people and killing them, especially while infernals are out. Was wondering if you guys can recommend any tricks for dealing with them especially when 3 are spawning at a time.

Any specific class/spec combos that are ideal for them? Should we position really far away from the banish black holes to give ourselves more time? Should we have all range do them or designate 1/2 people? Just hoping for some ideas on how to handle this more efficiently.

Thank you all

15+ Year Old Account
    We designate hunters, 1-2 to stand in between the portals and the boss. I'm usually near max range from the boss and on the edge of one portal. That way I can snipe them when they come out. I personally have a macro to target and concussion shot (slow) them. During infernals it can get a bit hairy though.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Essentia@Cho'gall of Inebriated Raiding.
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...ssentia/simple
    http://masteroverwatch.com/profile/pc/us/Tharkkun-1222

Stack nether portals as close as possible to minimize where they're coming from, then designate 1-2 ranged to focus on them exclusively. The rest of your dps can focus down infernals (separate, together they regain hp) then go back to Archimonde. If he's sub 20% and throws another portal up, have 1-2 low dps jump in with the tank to sacrifice themselves so the raid outside doesn't wipe.

Quote Originally Posted by evotech View Post
    Having a little bit of trouble at the end of the fight with living shadows reaching people and killing them, especially while infernals are out. Was wondering if you guys can recommend any tricks for dealing with them especially when 3 are spawning at a time.

Any specific class/spec combos that are ideal for them? Should we position really far away from the banish black holes to give ourselves more time? Should we have all range do them or designate 1/2 people? Just hoping for some ideas on how to handle this more efficiently.

Thank you all
    You're the guild that asked on Reddit last night too. And you appear to be the tank who's doubling anyone else's damage to infernals during the fight (I recognized your name). That's the biggest problem. If you're pulling off that DPS to infernals by stacking them up and AOE keg smashing, then don't do that, they heal each other when they get close. But whether they're grouped up or not, someone else in the raid should be able to beat you, even through touch of death, on infernal damage, and nobody is even close to matching you let alone beating you.

The problem is we'll more than likely just have 1 hunter when we go back to it, so it's a bit of a challenge.

Bicycle, sorry I didn't realize someone had posted about our issues already lol.. to be fair I am likely at the top of infernal parses because of touch of death. We'll be a lot better at them next time, so that's why I was hoping for some other tips for the shadows since they were regularly reaching people from what I could see.

What tips are you looking for? "Hit them harder".

We have no idea of your raid comp or raid size or if theres other underlying problems.

An important factor is where you position the portals. They shouldn't be like on either side of the boss, they should be in a predetermines position such that the portals form a straight line of:
    Portal-Portal----Boss
    That way any shadows that comes from the first portal will be right on top of the ones from the second and third(if necessary). Yes this takes up a lot of room, but the room is bloody huge and you're not going to stay in this phase forever.

Deleted
    We have our Hunters on them, Boomkins sometimes swap and help.

Deleted
    Those guys come out right from the void circle and onto the raid. That means you can have 2 people or 3 standing right next to the edge of the void zone to target them. They die pretty easily so you can use various classes.

Quote Originally Posted by evotech View Post
    Bicycle, sorry I didn't realize someone had posted about our issues already lol.. to be fair I am likely at the top of infernal parses because of touch of death. We'll be a lot better at them next time, so that's why I was hoping for some other tips for the shadows since they were regularly reaching people from what I could see.
    Honestly, touch of death isn't even your top damage to infernals, you're beating it with Keg Smash and Chi Explosion isn't far behind, so you can't be modest and pretend your raid is unfairly disadvantaged compared to you. The fact is you did 9.8million damage to infernals across all pulls, 2nd and 3rd place were the hunters who should be free to focus on living shadows instead, and 4th and below are less than 5 million each. You aren't going to kill this fight until your DPS decide it's worth their time to swivel their camera and hunt down infernals. It doesn't matter that the boss is in execute range or that the infernal spawned 30 yards away, they have to move their asses and go handle the fight mechanics instead of letting you, the tank, do most of the DPS.
    Last edited by bicycle; 2016-01-06 at 01:18 AM.

Thank you guys for the help. We managed to kill him last night believe it or not hehe.. so happy

We had 2 mages designated on the Living Shadows and the rest of the raid ignored them. It seemed to work out much better. I guess there are no tricks like traps or stuns or anything like that really to think about. Just having people that can tunnel on them is the key (at least for us).

We set up /rw to KILL INFERNALS too and went over it again in TS so it was a lot better.

On to MYTHIC now yay