Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    So, if current changes that Blizz planing about Hunters ever happens to become true, many Hunter players will stop playing or change their classes. If that'd be the case, is there anything we can do to make Blizz change their minds? Is it even possible?

Don't have a hunter yet but will probably make a gnome beast master

From what I've been seeing, most people who main hunter are disgusted by the changes. Those who haven't played hunter seriously are intrigued. Wonder if this is intended.

Quote Originally Posted by Chucksauce View Post
    From what I've been seeing, most people who main hunter are disgusted by the changes. Those who haven't played hunter seriously are intrigued. Wonder if this is intended.
    Indeed, it does seem very odd if it is intended though.

Deleted
    My hunter ("my main-alt") is staying BM.

Kinda like the idea of 2 pets, but didn't look up on any other changes. It's just an alt, so i'll just roll with whatever i get thrown at.

Quote Originally Posted by Zmago View Post
    My hunter ("my main-alt") is staying BM.

Kinda like the idea of 2 pets, but didn't look up on any other changes. It's just an alt, so i'll just roll with whatever i get thrown at.
    Yep. Imo, hunter is the class to play as an alt in Legion. BM is too boring to be played as main, SV is just for curiosity but doesn't appeal much as a melee class and MM is decent but 10x less fun than what it used to be.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by CammyBear View Post
    Why everyone hating on the specs? Don't play hunter currently, but they look decent except BM.
    Just wondering why most people bashing them?
    Because they are scared of change. Most of those saying they will reroll or quit will probably end up preferring the new style, happens every time, lol.

Deleted
    i've started as a hunter since pre cata and i will continue to be one i dont like melee so i wont be playing sv, mm bm like them both!

I'm going to dabble with Survival. Honestly I love the idea of it, and I want to see if it lives up to my hopes of actual survivability. BM .. hurts right now, and I'm not sure I'll be playing it. I'll take them right to 110 to see how they play with a bit of gear on instead of at the half-ass stage of pre-level cap, and if I still don't like it, well, I hear Demon Hunters are a new hotness.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by quikbunny View Post
    Because they are scared of change. Most of those saying they will reroll or quit will probably end up preferring the new style, happens every time, lol.
    Yeah they're so scared of change that they'll abandon the game and class they've played for ten years and instead try other games and another lifestyle. That's how scared they are.

If you can't be objective about the changes, that's your problem. The game play is worse in Legion than it is now, so the game will not improve for Hunters. If you're OK with that, that's cool. I've also been OK with crap like that for years, but don't try to spin it like it's not getting worse in every sense of the word.

Quote Originally Posted by Tommo View Post
    Really because my enjoyment for Hunter peaked in Wrath and has been going downhill at a rate similar to lightspeed ever since.
    How many lightspeeds is eight years?

15+ Year Old Account
    Giving up my rogue and going mm Hunter.

I would play BM, because that's what I always play on my main, but if gameplay goes live as it is now, I think I'm swapping to my mage after ten years of playing hunter.

Quote Originally Posted by quikbunny View Post
    Yes, I'm just so scared of change. I can't possibly know what I like in a playstyle after playing literally every class. I couldn't possibly know that sitting around not being able to hit buttons and have them do something because I'm focus starved is something I don't like. I couldn't possibly know that having a second pet that's buggy and often uncontrollable, assuming it's alive without a 2 minute debuff on rezzing it, doesn't sound great. I'm just so scared of things changing because hunters right now are playing identically to how they were ten years ago when I started playing. I have never weathered change successfully before or even embraced it, oh no.

Uh huh, I'm just totally scared of change.

Quote Originally Posted by DarklingThrush View Post
    I'm looking forward to the versatility of switching between ranged and melee.
    I'm sure versatility is the very opposite of having two specs in Legion, since you will only have one good artifact weapon and the other one will inevitably trail behind more or less. And you really do not want to raid with subpar weapon.

15+ Year Old Account
    My hunter has been one of my main alts, since I retired him as my main at the end of BC to play my Ret. Then they announced Suv was going melee, I was a little salty, and decided I probably would retire it to a alt alt. Despite Suv's faults on live, I still enjoy the spec, and I still believe it would have made more sense for BM to go melee. That said, I decided I'm going to give Suv and MM both a fair shot in the beta along with Ret. I decided that maybe the reason I went ret all those years ago wasn't just to have the choice to dps/tank/heal, but to move into melee. I don't tank/heal anymore, because of personal reasons, so that no longer is a deciding factor. Since then I've always had main alts that were ranged as to offset my constant melee positioning as ret. So I guess now I get the choice of being melee or ranged, with a class that was one of the first I played back in vanilla.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well for Hunter, I'll be Survival...in general hmm...so many choices but probably along the lines of Ret or Enhancement...but Unholy looks cool and there is DH but I"m gonna wait on a DH.

Deleted
    By the looks of it, BM will be the PVP spec as MM is waaaay too static to work in serious pvp. So the status quo continues: MM for PVE, BM for PVP. I won't play survival, I play a hunter to be ranged.

But it all depends on how hunters will be for solo pvp and wpvp, the main things I like to do outside PVE raids. If they're average at that and have more than 2 counters in 1v1, then I will go back to my trusty WW monk that I hear nothing but good things about.

Quote Originally Posted by Makaran View Post
    By the looks of it, BM will be the PVP spec as MM is waaaay too static to work in serious pvp. So the status quo continues: MM for PVE, BM for PVP. I won't play survival, I play a hunter to be ranged.

But it all depends on how hunters will be for solo pvp and wpvp, the main things I like to do outside PVE raids. If they're average at that and have more than 2 counters in 1v1, then I will go back to my trusty WW monk that I hear nothing but good things about.
    Well, if BM pets remain as squishy as they are without PvP adding back in additional utilities to heal them and with the 2-min death CD of Hati, who you have no control over or ability to heal anyway, I'm not sure BM will be good for PvP either. I don't know if the PvP talents remedy any of that 'cause I haven't paid attention to those, but there ya go.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    I want to try the new specs first (not in alpha), but assuming I stick with hunter, MM and BM since they are ranged.

10+ Year Old Account
    I honestly have no idea.
    I am automatically dismissing Surv as I am yet to really enjoy a melee class. Honestly, between MM and BM I would say that BM is the more appealing as it still gives us the freedom of mobility. And honestly, I'd have thought Blizzard learned their lesson years ago when they made Aimed Shot unmovable and later had to revert the change due to the hatred and bile that the hunter community spat at them.
    I am yet to buy Legion, and I won't until either Beta access (not fucking likely) or pre-patch. But I've played WoW since late vanilla, and never been able to take to a class other than hunter. So unless the vast majority of complaints are wrong, or a lot gets fixed before Legion hits, I may not play. (Sounds salty and self-entitled, but the time and effort investment on my hunter is so high, I don't know that I would even want to start again with a class I like less than I used to like my hunter).