Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    I don't quite understand why anyone would complain about being granted two additional soul shards to start a fight with...

This is only a good thing, even if there are other "changes" many of us want to see implemented.

I for one, am happy to start EN encounters with 3 shards (up from 1). If you don't have shards while WQ'ing or in a dungeon, you're not playing correctly.

Quote Originally Posted by Raddest View Post
    It's most likely because in 5 mans, you're in and out of combat a lot, so it wanting to reset to 3 out of combat means easier to maintain more shards. On a longer fight, you notice it's the same old.
    No way will this change be relevant in 5 mans. Not sure about other people, but in my runs I'm out of combat for 10 seconds max, considering it takes 20 seconds (not sure if that number is completely correct) of out-of-combat time for you to start regenerating shards, plus on top of the fact that pre-planning can easily net you 5 shards in between trash pulls, this change means nothing for dungeons.

I'm not complaining by any means - will definitely come in useful for raiding - but at the moment this change isn't exactly a 'buff' for current content and certainly won't be significant for Affliction's ramp-up time.

I for one don't really understand why we couldn't regen to 5 shards like the previous expansions... but whatever I guess.
    Last edited by Esinar; 2016-09-13 at 04:24 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by PhoenixLite View Post
    And one step closer to MoP god-mode level.
    It's gonna be a long road, but Purple will rule again, my friends.
    "My class is not #1 in dps in every spec, gotta keep bitching until it is."

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by kaley View Post
    I don't quite understand why anyone would complain about being granted two additional soul shards to start a fight with...
    If you went to a doctors with terrible stomach pains that had rendered you unable to eat without vomiting for 2 weeks on end and a broken finger, you'd probably be pretty miffed if you went away with some cream for a mouth ulcer.

Quote Originally Posted by Nagassh View Post
    If you went to a doctors with terrible stomach pains that had rendered you unable to eat without vomiting for 2 weeks on end and a broken finger, you'd probably be pretty miffed if you went away with some cream for a mouth ulcer.
    They can't make all the massive changes people want in a week, they can hotfix this pretty easily. We need to be patient for bigger changes. People complained a lot about ramp up time. This offsets that somewhat because it doesn't take demo 2 lengthy casts to be able to press a worthwhile button. They're answering an issue which they said they would address, and then look at some other issues. It's progress.

10+ Year Old Account
    You don't cure that with one pill, which is the point people try to make both ways. Takes time to treat that.

Quote Originally Posted by AwkwardSquirtle View Post
    They can't make all the massive changes people want in a week, they can hotfix this pretty easily. We need to be patient for bigger changes. People complained a lot about ramp up time. This offsets that somewhat because it doesn't take demo 2 lengthy casts to be able to press a worthwhile button. They're answering an issue which they said they would address, and then look at some other issues. It's progress.
    If they had actually bothered to listen to any of the complaints prior to its release (or to the complaints back in Warlords of Draenor), we wouldn't have these issues and they wouldn't have to fix this mess. I don't know why you feel the need to defend Blizzard or their incompetence but it only speaks volumes about you and none of it is good.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by AwkwardSquirtle View Post
    They had that time.
    Maybe I'm barmy, but I expect the game to be designed before release, not having huge design decisions and changes having to be implemented when the users are trying to use the thing they've bought.

Demo I can accept since it's been completely reinvented for the umpteenth time, but Blizzard get no sympathy from me with the other two specs when they insist on reinventing the wheel and changing things for the sake of it.

I already try to make sure I have full shards before a boss in 5 man content, this is kind of a lackluster fix.

Quote Originally Posted by Esinar View Post
    No way will this change be relevant in 5 mans. Not sure about other people, but in my runs I'm out of combat for 10 seconds max, considering it takes 20 seconds (not sure if that number is completely correct) of out-of-combat time for you to start regenerating shards, plus on top of the fact that pre-planning can easily net you 5 shards in between trash pulls, this change means nothing for dungeons.

I'm not complaining by any means - will definitely come in useful for raiding - but at the moment this change isn't exactly a 'buff' for current content and certainly won't be significant for Affliction's ramp-up time.

I for one don't really understand why we couldn't regen to 5 shards like the previous expansions... but whatever I guess.
    How about the last two bosses in Halls of Valor? Even going with 5 shards by the time the bosses are actually activated and attackable I'm down to one.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by 4dahorde View Post
    "My class is not #1 in dps in every spec, gotta keep bitching until it is."

Sums up about every forum class discussion there is. Shadow priest wanting to be top AOE and top single target, warlocks wanting to be gods at everything+mobility (yeah like that was ever the case rofl), mages feeling not op enough, same for rogues,etc...

Players have no sense of balance and its a good thing that Blizzard ignores most of this whining which is very far from being informative or constructive

Quote Originally Posted by lateralsx5 View Post
    Sums up about every forum class discussion there is. Shadow priest wanting to be top AOE and top single target, warlocks wanting to be gods at everything+mobility (yeah like that was ever the case rofl), mages feeling not op enough, same for rogues,etc...

Players have no sense of balance and its a good thing that Blizzard ignores most of this whining which is very far from being informative or constructive
    Eh, I'm a shadow priest, and I will settle for average AoE. Beats trash tier AoE.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Dawnrage View Post
    Eh, I'm a shadow priest, and I will settle for average AoE. Beats trash tier AoE.

Yeah shadow priest AOE is complete trash unless you multidot,which is annoying. But some players actually wouldn't be happy until they have the best AOE in the game even if the class is already very strong in ST.

Isn't one of the biggest issues with Warlocks ramp up time? This basically solves the ramp up time, at least for Affliction. You can be guaranteed to start a fight with Doomguard, Service, and UA all up on the boss.

Deleted
    I hope to hell they put out some buffs before thr raids open. Otherwise Gl with getting a raid place if there's a mage or hunter vying for it.

Affliction's damage is just plain embarassingly bad. And it;sa not just because of the shards. There's a ton of stuff they could pull levers on to push up affliction's single target for example, which would barely impact anything else. The obvious choice is drain life/soul.

Having three shards is okay, but it;s a tiny sticking plaster. It will have virtually no effect in 5-mans, sure as heck not in normal/heroic modes, because you literally run through them.

Affliction just has this massive issue with having to chuck out it's AOE to maximise single target, and then you find it;s single target is garbage even with every talent tuned to it.

You honestly believe that Warlock complaints at the moment are Warlocks "wanting to be gods at everything+mobility"? Clearly you do not play an actual Warlock atm and are posting for, what? to get your post count up? Warlocks are bordering on worthless atm. 9 times out of 10 we get auto kicked from groups simply because of our class, regardless of spec. How's about our complaints are based more around wanting to not be one step away from being a state worthy of just having the class deleted since it is so worthless? THAT is what Locks want. Just because a few nimrods want everything in the world doesn't mean all of them do.

That isn't the analogy I would use, but to each his own.

Deleted

Utter nonsense in the context of Legion warlocks.

The level of complaints go way beyond the usual "I want to be top dps" and there is nothing like the level of complaints in most opf the othe rlcass forums, lot sof folks seem pretyt happy.

The mobility issue is simpyl this, the class philosophy is "don;t move, tank it" but this fails utterly particularly in Mythics and raids because the abilities are designed to one-shot or attach a penalty like stuns or raidwide damage.

Quote Originally Posted by Nebiroth99 View Post
    The mobility issue is simpyl this, the class philosophy is "don;t move, tank it" but this fails utterly particularly in Mythics and raids because the abilities are designed to one-shot or attach a penalty like stuns or raidwide damage.
    That baffles me the most. The game is designed for "Do not stand in the bad stuff". That's what 90% of all boss mechanics boil down to, correct positioning.
    How this suddenly is not required of a lock in the minds of some developers is mindblowing.

Three shards at the opening will surely help with our initial ramp up. However, speaking as a demo warlock, we suffer this horrible ramp up every time we miss our opportune moment. An easy example:

You're building that demon army for your TKC
    - Imps are out
    - dreadstalkers are out
    - you summon your demonlord,
    - you buff their HP with Demonic Empowerment
    - you're about to use your artifact TKC but **stuff spawns under your feet**
    you now have three options:
    (A) Toughen it out and continue your TKC cast
    (B) You pop a cooldown, hopefully still hitting your TKC window and still take the hit.
    (C) You move, missing your opportunity

A & B potentially incur your premature demise or at the least the wrath of your Raidlead/Healers.
    C will make you miss your window, putting you back to square one as you now have to get imps/dreads out and buff em for another decent TKC. Probably without the help of your demonlord.

This is an example where we miss our window of dmg due to movement, but it can also be due to other things ofcourse. Say the boss immunes or hides for a bit. That gives us zero opportunities and just takes away our window all together.
    ----

It's not to say that the change isn't a decent change. But it doesn't fundamentaly change our ramp up problem.

Bloodsail Admiral Brightamethyst's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nebiroth99 View Post
    Pretty much this.

The whole "warlocks are supposed to be more tanky" thing sounds great on paper but quickly falls apart in practice. In an actual dungeon/raid, trying to just eat a mechanic instead of dodging will get you killed pretty much every time.