Poll: How hard should TW Raids be?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 1 of 4
... LastLast

Timewalking Raids for Raiders

With the front page hint that WoW may add Timewalking for Black Temple in 7.2.5 as a que-able raid, I wanted to take this opportunity to get opinions here on what we want as a community.

For me, ideally they will allow you to enter with your own raid and have it be a challenge again vs. LFR Black Temple. If there's an option to roll with strangers as well, that's fine, but it would be nice to have off-night options for raiding groups, or even a one-week alternative to the current raid tier to break up the monotony.

Thoughts? Suggestions? Concerns?

I'd rather have well designed new raids.
    I've done BT enough. As a small event for casuals though? Sure, why not.

The problem is who is actually going to want to progress (i.e. wiping 20+ times) through old content? They'll need to make it easy enough that bosses can be 1- or 2-shot, otherwise most people won't run the TW raids.

Quote Originally Posted by Madone View Post
    The problem is who is actually going to want to progress (i.e. wiping 20+ times) through old content? They'll need to make it easy enough that bosses can be 1- or 2-shot, otherwise most people won't run the TW raids.
    If the quality of loot is good, I don't see a problem with having one week where we don't just run Nighthold/ToS for the 30th time. Since it's already dated content, there's a good chance people know it, or can easily go check it out for themselves solo.

Just putting this out there, but Killing Illidan for a DH artifact hidden appearance (glaives) would be cool too.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by det View Post
    Main "concern" would be that classes have changed and classes have been added. Would Blizzard do a major rebalancing of this to make it as hard as in TBC, including Shadow res gear farming? I mean, Illidan could initially only be tanked by classes that could block one of his abilities. Druids were not an option. Gorefiends spirits, Bloodboils, erm..bloodboil mechanic....I really see it as a fun faceroll than returning fully re-tuned.
    A fair point. I guess I'm just hoping they make them worth being called a "raid" still, and not just turn them into oversized dungeons for more than 5 players.

a insta queue for Warglaives of Azzinoth farming

It's either gonna be LFR level with shit reward, or retarded level like the molten core event with also shit reward.

Granted, if it's que-able, it's going to only drop loot once for you during the week. At least, I would think so.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Swalload View Post
    It's either gonna be LFR level with shit reward, or retarded level like the molten core event with also shit reward.
    I know the tendency here is to assume they can do no right, but I'm going to hold out hope that Blizz does this justice. I've personally been very happy with their updates lately, especially Karazhan.

Deleted
    I hope they will totally delete this idea so i will not see tons of useless threads about: drop, difficulty, pugs, noobs, if it will drop AP, how it will be mandatory and so on.

Yes reading Mmo-Champion can have this effects on human mind.

Quote Originally Posted by Shot89 View Post
    I hope they will totally delete this idea so i will not see tons of useless threads about: drop, difficulty, pugs, noobs, if it will drop AP, how it will be mandatory and so on.

Yes reading Mmo-Champion can have this effects on human mind.
    In my defense, I submitted this thread prior to any others on the raid forum (having looked first for one to reply to). But, it's going to be like anything else. Everybody wants to be heard, and some are going to use the opportunity to make a new thread rather than reply to an existing one.

Normal.

If people want to get heroic reward from it then it should be tuned for heroic(in matter of skill).

It took me 11 damn runs of that place to get the Glaives on my monk way back... I'd rather not go back in there. I suppose I would though, for some transmog on non-leathery toons.
    Quote Originally Posted by THE Bigzoman View Post
    Meant Wetback. That's what the guy from Home Depot called it anyway.
    ==================================
    If you say pls because it is shorter than please,
    I'll say no because it is shorter than yes.

Quote Originally Posted by ItachiZaku View Post
    It took me 11 damn runs of that place to get the Glaives on my monk way back... I'd rather not go back in there. I suppose I would though, for some transmog on non-leathery toons.
    Only 11? Isn't that rather a low count? I mean, I've been there once with my priest for t6 and got a warglaive dropped, but I thought I was lucky.

10+ Year Old Account
    Now, for the introduction, I would be happy enough to just get it on an LFR like difficulty, just so that more than enough people can see it.

However, later on (or ideally also at launch) I would like to see at least a normal version added, which can only be accessed with premade groups and is at least somewhat difficult. It doesn't have to be overly difficult, especially when the raid is only available for a week maybe once every 3 months or so, but with a difficulty similar to normal mode, it could at least be somewhat fun for the majority.

In the best case scenario we would get LFR, normal, heroic and mythic, even if that would only be numbers tuning, but I think at release that's asking too much.

Quote Originally Posted by Edlarel View Post
    Granted, if it's que-able, it's going to only drop loot once for you during the week. At least, I would think so.

- - - Updated - - -

I know the tendency here is to assume they can do no right, but I'm going to hold out hope that Blizz does this justice. I've personally been very happy with their updates lately, especially Karazhan.
    Yes but karazhan is reworked content that took a lot of time, it's not timewalking. All they do is tweak the ilvl to make it feel what they want, put in items that would be good for someone who runs this naked, and throw this in the weekly event shuffling rotation.

I'd rather expect shit and be impress, than hope for something decent and be disappointed.

Quote Originally Posted by ceall View Post
    Only 11? Isn't that rather a low count? I mean, I've been there once with my priest for t6 and got a warglaive dropped, but I thought I was lucky.
    Yay for the 50 gold for vendoring it!

I think 11 is low, yes. It still felt like agony. That place is long.
    Quote Originally Posted by THE Bigzoman View Post
    Meant Wetback. That's what the guy from Home Depot called it anyway.
    If you say pls because it is shorter than please,
    I'll say no because it is shorter than yes.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Edlarel View Post
    In my defense, I submitted this thread prior to any others on the raid forum (having looked first for one to reply to). But, it's going to be like anything else. Everybody wants to be heard, and some are going to use the opportunity to make a new thread rather than reply to an existing one.
    Don't worry, i was being a little dramatic, because in this forum every time Blizzard do something, you can bet someone will think about some negative thread.

To stay OT, my answer is the diffuculty shuold be measured on the rewards. But since they will never let a TW Raid eclipse a current Raid, i guess it will be set on a LFR style difficulty and ilvl.

Somewhere between normal and heroic. It will wind up being absolutely faceroll though, like other timewalking content I suspect.

If it was queue-able, it should only be with a pre-made group (like SoO flex) tuned as today's normal or heroic, drop heroic NH quality gear and have a mythic NH weekly chest, since it'll be like once every 2 months.

We saw how shitty the MC event was, why do I want this for other raids? BT was one of my fav. raids from back in the day, I cleared that for 1 year straight when it was current content but I don't think I want to do it with a bunch of random people and re-learn the encounters.
    Last edited by shyguybman; 2017-04-12 at 04:31 PM.

While most of the comments so far are to either nix it entirely or make it super easy, the poll seems to speak otherwise. The fact that we're getting it at all does mean they're putting some work and thought into it already. How much effort that will be remains to be seen. I think I'll be popping onto the PTR specifically when that comes up to see how they plan to implement it.

- - - Updated - - -

Looks like the request for these to have normal-quality gear has jumped quite a bit in the last 12-ish hours. Granted, we're only one (extremely vocal) community, but hopefully we can get more votes to at least show how we feel on this topic, for what that's worth.