Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Deleted

Question Do we know if Black temple TW is LFR or not?

I've heard it suggested that the BT TW event will not be LFR, but requires you to form a group like a standard raid, has there been anything to confirm / deny this? Anyone know what it is on PTR?

Also, do we know what ilvl the loot will be?

Thanks

On PTR you are required to form a raid group and enter the instance manually.

Idk about loot, that might be subject to change.

Quote Originally Posted by rozza88 View Post
    I've heard it suggested that the BT TW event will not be LFR, but requires you to form a group like a standard raid, has there been anything to confirm / deny this? Anyone know what it is on PTR?

Also, do we know what ilvl the loot will be?

Thanks
    Raid sizes has to be a minimum of 8 to go in. As for queing or getting in I'm not sure.
    There was a post last night talking about the ilvl, which was 900 I believe, some people are bitching about it being to high for TW. But it's only going to be 5 ilvls higher than ToS LFR.

I've been expecting it to be like TW LFR, but I'd love to find out it was something more.

TW was decent during WoD, with some of the instances at least a little challenging, so they really felt like back in the day.

Current TW, like LFR, is just silly faceroll.

"I Am Vengeance. I Am The Night. I Am Felfáádaern!"

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Peacekeeper Benhir View Post
    I've been expecting it to be like TW LFR, but I'd love to find out it was something more.

TW was decent during WoD, with some of the instances at least a little challenging, so they really felt like back in the day.

Current TW, like LFR, is just silly faceroll.
    Agreed! If it's too easy you might as well just be grinding sentinax mobs.
    I wasn't that interested in this event until I heard it may require an organised group.
    I didn't get to do it in TBC so would love to run it somewhat close to the level of difficulty it was back then.

Deleted
    I wasn't that interested in this event until I heard it may require an organised group.
    I didn't get to do it in TBC so would love to run it somewhat close to the level of difficulty it was back then.
    It won't be anywhere close to the difficulty of back then. Even can't be. A lot of the difficulty back then was that there were not that many tools that make today's raiding easier (Weakauras, DBM, etc.). They existed, just much much more basic than today.

Also, Blizzard wants to reuse old content to show it to as many people as possible. Would kind of defy that goal if they only made it completable by mythic guilds

apparentlky on the ptr currently, the bosses are challenging. they left all the mechanics the same and just scale you down appropriately. if people dont know what they are doing they die.

im guessing it wont be queueable because of this.

Quote Originally Posted by Socronoss View Post
    It won't be anywhere close to the difficulty of back then. Even can't be. A lot of the difficulty back then was that there were not that many tools that make today's raiding easier (Weakauras, DBM, etc.). They existed, just much much more basic than today.

Also, Blizzard wants to reuse old content to show it to as many people as possible. Would kind of defy that goal if they only made it completable by mythic guilds
    I don't remember WA or DBM being much more basic back then, but it was a long time ago. Come to think of it, for some reason I remember using a different version of WA... same concept, but a different name. Power Aura? Anyways, it can't be the same level of difficulty because for one thing, you don't have to work through two previous tiers to get there and learn a bunch of complex, multi-stage fights. All the tactics are well-known and we have the advantage of having another 8 or so years of experience with raid mechanics.
    Did you think we had forgotten? Did you think we had forgiven? Behold, now, the terrible vengeance of the Forsaken!

It wouldn't have to be like current day mythic raiding to be entertaining; it just needs to be more than LFR. Given that we'll only have a limited time to complete it, I think something like current Normal might be appropriate. Personally, I'd love to have access for a month at a time and tune it closer to H, but I'd happily settle for a week on Normal.

"I Am Vengeance. I Am The Night. I Am Felfáádaern!"

Quote Originally Posted by Jimson View Post
    I don't remember WA or DBM being much more basic back then, but it was a long time ago. Come to think of it, for some reason I remember using a different version of WA... same concept, but a different name. Power Aura? Anyways, it can't be the same level of difficulty because for one thing, you don't have to work through two previous tiers to get there and learn a bunch of complex, multi-stage fights. All the tactics are well-known and we have the advantage of having another 8 or so years of experience with raid mechanics.
    looking back at BT, there were couple of bosses with actually difficult mechanics, rotating dots on gurtogg, interrupts on reliquiary, doing the whole ghost phase on teron, illidan fight, but the other bosses were very simple and often came pretty much only to binary "do you have enough HP (or resist with mother) to survive being targeted by this mechanic? yes/no"

IF it isnt going to be LFR (which I kinda doubt, if its a temporary even, I expect it bo accesible through automated LFR), then Id expect difficulty somewhere below WotLK Naxx, tbh

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Sarevokcz View Post
    looking back at BT, there were couple of bosses with actually difficult mechanics, rotating dots on gurtogg, interrupts on reliquiary, doing the whole ghost phase on teron, illidan fight, but the other bosses were very simple and often came pretty much only to binary "do you have enough HP (or resist with mother) to survive being targeted by this mechanic? yes/no"

IF it isnt going to be LFR (which I kinda doubt, if its a temporary even, I expect it bo accesible through automated LFR), then Id expect difficulty somewhere below WotLK Naxx, tbh
    It has already been confirmed several times that you can only enter it with a pre-made group. This is also how it is on the current PTR. I also expect around Normal difficulty with the benefit / downside (?) that you can't really overgear it.

My biggest concern is actually that you will be kind of forced into it simply by the reward it gives once (like the heroic bag for the 4x mythic dungeons).

Quote Originally Posted by Socronoss View Post
    My biggest concern is actually that you will be kind of forced into it simply by the reward it gives once (like the heroic bag for the 4x mythic dungeons).
    As much as you're forced into anything, I guess. Although, consider the alternative here: You're either a hardcore mythic raider without need for such a bag so it's irrelevant, or you're one of millions of average players for whom the bag is only one opportunity at gear that you can also get from mythic +.

Bummer. It seems like a waste if they don't make this available through the LFD/LFR queue tool.
    Last edited by grandgato; 2017-05-16 at 02:28 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by dcc626 View Post
    apparentlky on the ptr currently, the bosses are challenging. they left all the mechanics the same and just scale you down appropriately. if people dont know what they are doing they die.

im guessing it wont be queueable because of this.
    It won't be nearly as challenging and 10/10 chances it's not actually challenging at all, there are just too many people who don't know how to do mechanics and just tunnel the boss.

Quote Originally Posted by grandgato View Post
    Bummer. It seems like a waste if they don't make this available through the LFD/LFR queue tool.
    Why? Mythic dungeons aren't available through the queue tool and they work just fine. The LFR molten core was an exercise in frustration and I'd rather not deal with LFR types in something like this. And I say that as someone that regularly defends LFR.
    Beta Club Brosquad

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Deathquoi View Post
    Why? Mythic dungeons aren't available through the queue tool and they work just fine. The LFR molten core was an exercise in frustration and I'd rather not deal with LFR types in something like this. And I say that as someone that regularly defends LFR.
    You can still queue as premade in LFR so who cares if its LFR or not? You could#ve done it in Molten Core LFR too = less frustration.
    Last edited by Dismembered; 2017-05-16 at 04:03 PM.

For Azeroth!
    15+ Year Old Account
    Since gear is scaled down it doesn't matter if you do it at 800 or 900 or 950.

Now it's up the community to set the rules but it would be stupid to "demand" 900+ gear for a raid that's 10 years old

If groups have to be stupid strict, are they gonna look at Illidan kill date as the new "curve" ? would be really stupid and inaccurate.

Now achievements weren't added until Wotlk, so even the actual kill date cannot be seen and it isn't account wide...

Achievements go back to like 15/10/2008...
    Last edited by Teri; 2017-05-16 at 04:09 PM.

Blizzard said you need a premade group when it was announced. Currently on some bosses you can wipe because of one person being stupid which doesn't really work well in lfr.

Look how horrible the LFR squads made molten core of all places... no way they do that to us again with BT.