Page 11 of 14 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Jastall View Post
    Yeah so KJ also got mechanics removed. No beams, no Singularities, no big Armageddons. But you will probably wipe if you fail 2-3 soaks in succession, the damage still ramps up very fast.

I'm fine with this, it was easy when I did it but half the raid was in Heroic gear.
    Ya KJ seems to be tuned quite well, It can be punishing but doable.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

I like tourist mode though!!!!
    I dont want to raid the hard stuff, cause I don't have time nor the care to "officially" raid

I just wanna check out the interior of a dungeon and kill the boss, i dont care about mechanics, so LFR is perfect for me

Deleted
    or just do normal

They need to leave LFR alone and just (re)merge normal/heroic back to flex if there is an issue with multiple difficulties, and I am speaking as a Mythic Raider, or they need to have tools that either help the genuine LFR players get better or remove the trolls/afkers from them.

I went into LFR a few times, once on my 940 toon to farm BLP, and a few more times on alts on Horde which I don't have many friends on to leech in normal/heroic raids before I gear up. There are no issues on the first 6 bosses in ToS, for better or worse, and you only started seeing wipes on Maiden because people would either jump into the pit at the beginning to afk, or to troll the raid by running the wrong color into everyone else. On Avatar it almost is strictly a dps issue (this fight in P1 might be a really good patchwerk dps checking tool) that you can somewhat bypass if your tank moved Avatar into the felpool as far away as possible during each Rupture, but the issue is still people dying to Chaos on purpose in order to afk. Underperformers suck, but as long as they are genuine I have zero issues working with them, compared to the LFR trolls and afkers. If you cannot remove the trolls and afkers reliably, it's best to leave it on tourist mode.

FINALLY! Once more they are moving back to how it was in MoP

I had so much fun on LFR Elegon (How many fallers? ) or basically every Throne of Thunder boss <3 I hope they bring that concept back...

Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    There is no reason WoW can't have queable challenging content.
    i chalenge you to go do KJ lfr before they nerf the shit out of it tomorrow and tell us how fun it is to stack determination up to 10 because they fucked up tuning again.

Quote Originally Posted by kamuimac View Post
    i chalenge you to go do KJ lfr before they nerf the shit out of it tomorrow and tell us how fun it is to stack determination up to 10 because they fucked up tuning again.
    I did LFR KJ and I thought it was fun so challenge accepted and finished.

I felt the tuning was great.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Bennett View Post
    a game with less than a mil active subs is direct competitor to WoW with 7+? FFXIV will never be a competitor with WoW because it's just an inferior game, people only play it because the prefer that universe or out of spite/ fatigue of WoW. And it really isn't known for it's thriving PVE scene, don't lie.
    First

1) Prove that FFXIV has less then a million active subs

2) Prove WoW has 7+ million.

Hate to break it to you but ya FFXIV is a competitor with WoW and the first real one they have had in ages. Its clear you don't know shit about FFXIV and even WoW for that matter.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.

Quote Originally Posted by Manabomb View Post
    Don't worry, he's probably from vaniller and worked for every purple he ever got .
    Working hard for something is to be looked down on? What's wrong with you people?

Quote Originally Posted by Embriel View Post
    Working hard for something is to be looked down on? What's wrong with you people?
    "Working hard" in a video game...yeah, it's eyeroll worthy.

- - - Updated - - -

And I say awesome, some challenge to LFR is great.

(The quote in the title is from the Q&A on the home page)

Hope they start releasing it alongside NM or at lease Mythic.
    To move WoW's LFR to at least the level of, as you've mentioned at some points in this thread (haven't read all of it), FF14's normal mode raids...that's a good thing, imo. MoP's LFRs were pretty easy for me, but at least they had mechanics that had to be paid attention to. I don't even think any of the bosses I recall doing in WoD's LFR had any mechanics at all, and even when they did, you could just stay in tunnel mode on dps and ignore them anyway.

Ya KJ seems to be tuned quite well, It can be punishing but doable.
    Part of me says it's probably how LFR bosses should be, the other part of me knows that the only reason we didn't wipe 5+ times is because we had geared players soaking every Armageddon and healers that were good enough to heal through Darkness phase with the 3 ph2 adds up the entire time, as well as a hunter who pinged Illidan immediately.

Trying to do KJ with a raid mostly composed of people in LFR appropriate ilvl, with typical LFR level of knowledge, would lead to far more wipes to stupid shit.

Quote Originally Posted by Jastall View Post
    Trying to do KJ with a raid mostly composed of people in LFR appropriate ilvl, with typical LFR level of knowledge, would lead to far more wipes to stupid shit.
    Personally I am fine with that because with enough wipes people will learn or leave.

Personally I am fine with that because with enough wipes people will learn or leave.
    That wasn't my experience in MoP, on the raidbreaker bosses at least. Lots of people didn't learn, they either left or bashed their heads on the wall until they had enough Det stacks to cheese the encounter. Especially Durumu.

KJ is not at the level and should not be.

Quote Originally Posted by Bennett View Post
    lfr is not a raid mode. It's just so casuals can see the story and non casuals can get BLP/ TF gear and gear alts. It's not raiding.

- - - Updated - - -

yes because FFXIV is a legit competitor against WoW and is renowned for it's thriving PVE scene
    Um...it is?

http://massivelyop.com/2016/12/08/pe...e-end-of-2016/

Regardless, I'm not even sure why whether it being a "legit competitor" even matters for this comparison.

Quote Originally Posted by Katchii View Post
    Regardless, I'm not even sure why whether it being a "legit competitor" even matters for this comparison.
    It doesn't he just wants to bash FFXIV is all.

FFXIV could have 100 player's and the fact still remains that queable challenging content works just fine there and it can work in WoW as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Bamboozler View Post
    First, your attitude is crap. You're a casual that talks like an elitist, and it leaves a very bad taste in a lot of peoples' mouth. But I'll take your bait.

1) https://ffxivcensus.com/ - FFXIV Census. I didn't make this website, so I have no idea how accurate it is. It is the only site I can find with a reasonable metric. I suppose you could give/take a few thousand players. So if we look at the entire world, there are almost 11million registered accounts (that does not mean active). But an astonishingly small fraction of those players are active at a meager 464,995. Less than half a million active players in the WORLD. Even if you doubled that, shit, it's still pathetic. Hardly a contender for World of Warcraft. Registered accounts mean fuck all to me. I'm concerned with how many people are playing the game actively.

2) No point in asking for proof of WoW subscriptions because they don't announce it anymore. You can search some server populations, however, and find that some servers by themselves support more active players than the entire amount of active players in FFXIV in the world.

***I want to be clear here, I'm using the most readily information I could find. I didn't spend hours validating and researching these sources. They appeared to be legit and contemporary, but I have no way to verify. I'd hate to trigger the "Source?" crowd.***

Hate to break it to you, but even though FFXIV may be the next best thing to WoW, it is no competitor for the beast. Now that I have provided reasonably legitimate information to disprove your very douchey stance on the matter, prove me wrong. If you dispute these findings, I expect you to prove it. Burden's on you now, buddy. Prove to us that you actually know what you're talking about, or concede that you're just being the worst kind of WoW player: The Casual Elitist.

If you know so much, enlighten us. I expect a dodge or deflection.

Have a nice day.
    FFXIV census is far from legit entirely, and even less useful than wow census. At least wow census has an addon to gather data, ffxiv census only works off achievements, so it doesn't catch people who play but never complete those achievements, XIV is a weird one, I know people who play it and barely do any expansion content cause there's so much story.

But really, you can't compare those two sites cause neither is really good, and the whole argument of population is really irrelevant to the argument here. FFXIV's raiding scene is easier than wow's on the top end, but harder on the bottom, you can't sleep through half their queue'd stuff (including dungeons, which remain relevant ALWAYS, due to their scaling and roulette system). WoW could learn a few things from FFXIV in terms of queueable content and story development, but that doesn't mean WoW doesn't do some things better, the combat in XIV is slow and clunky even at max with your O-GCD abilities.

Quote Originally Posted by Bamboozler View Post
    --snip--
    That site isn't a legit source showing FFXIV's sub count. I asked you to provide proof just because I know you can't. Square Enix has never released official numbers and the last official numbers blizzard gave on Wow was 5.3mil.

I hate to break it to you but yes FFXIV is a competitor to Wow just like Kroger is a competitor to Wal-Mart and even Mom/Pop shops are a competitor to Wal-Mart. If your game (or store) is in the same field as your product its a competitor.

Best Buy and Wal-Mart now deal in used games, That makes them direct competitor's to Gamestop.

Final Fantasy XIV is a Hot Key MMO and is huge in both the east and west, That makes it a direct competitor to WoW. You may not like that but blizzard knows it and accept's it.

Hell some of Legion's systems are direct copy's of FFXIV (Dungeon Scaling and Artifact Weapons) with a slight change (Limited Time/AP).

Also once again its the 2nd biggest sub base MMO, To not think its a direct competitor is foolish. Even more so in a day and age where WoW keeps losing subs.

The argument of population is really irrelevant and has nothing to do with what I original said.

Of course blizzard has "competition", in every game they make they have literally made billions a year off taking other people's(aka competitors) ideas and doing them better and more polished.

Blizzard has literally taken every good idea FFXIV has come up with and put their own stamp/polish on it. Just like they did with SWTOR, just like they did with Everquest. Blizzard clearly watches what they do regardless of what they say because we see the direct results in the new features they add over time.

Also once again its the 2nd biggest sub base MMO, To not think its a direct competitor is foolish. Even more so in a day and age where WoW keeps losing subs.
    I find it funny that you directly say you can't prove the sub numbers of either game, then make the assertion WoW "keeps losing subs".

Quote Originally Posted by Better View Post
    I find it funny that you directly say you can't prove the sub numbers of either game, then make the assertion WoW "keeps losing subs".
    I think it's safe to say the subs are up from WoD, we saw the devs distancing themselves from WoD and couldn't wait to announce legion when the WoD numbers where in the tube, now all we hear is praise about legion and how they keep making legion systems better.

People hate it but RNGs keeps asses in their computer chairs grinding for those unicorns.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Teri View Post
    and also force the 5 healers into healing spec.
    I like how FFXIV won't let you enter the dungeon unless you are in the job (which determines the role) you queued up for.
    If I queued up as a white mage, I'm not getting in unless I'm a white mage. Can't even get in as another healer.