Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast

Re: Can I report someone to GM for undercutting ?

Auctioneer and subsequent add-ons will scan the AH and purchase everything automatically set at a certain threshold.

Then you just repost everything, and a single checkbox makes sure you are the lowest price within reason.

If you post something at 2c... he will buy it mark it up to 95% of the lowest true value. If he has been on as much as you say, his add-ons have a very firm grasp of the value of every item on the market.

I posted 1500 cloth on the AH... got people undercutting me.. so I bought it and reposted it at my price. Or, I buy it on an alt, and post it higher than my price, and I look like a good deal.

People also have to consider the other side of undercutting, those of us who are buying the goods.

For example, I want WAYYYYY more undercutting on glyphs. I respec/reglyph at least 3-4 times a week at this pt, which means I am dumping over 100g a week on glyphs. Why should a glyph cost 15-20g when it costs like 1-2g to make. You are always making a profit. If people are undercutting you, that means they are ok with that reduced level of profit. So either you cut your price or you stop selling

Quote Originally Posted by Dawon
    The OP is not talking BS here... we have the exact same "problem" on my server. There is a goldseller-char that is online 20h a day and have 1 gem of every sort out on the ah, whenever it sells, the person put one new out. If someone undercut, he immediately removes it and puts in back for 1s less that last bid. This dude (well, must be more than one as it's online so much) have been doing this for weeks now and I'm pretty damn sure this is the Goldselling-idiots new strategy to earn money
    I do almost exactly what you descibe using my second account and leaving it open while I farm etc on my main account. I check about every 10 minutes or so and i do this couple days a week for anywhere from 6 to 12 hours at a time.
    I dont ruin the economy when I do it either.
    Often I help it because if I am the only seller on an item any time during that day I always re-set the price to a normal range. (I never put things at ridiculous prices either)

Quote Originally Posted by gatgat
    People also have to consider the other side of undercutting, those of us who are buying the goods.

For example, I want WAYYYYY more undercutting on glyphs. I respec/reglyph at least 3-4 times a week at this pt, which means I am dumping over 100g a week on glyphs. Why should a glyph cost 15-20g when it costs like 1-2g to make. You are always making a profit. If people are undercutting you, that means they are ok with that reduced level of profit. So either you cut your price or you stop selling
    The glyph market is crazy. The mats may not be much but I end up spending a ton of time posting and sell about one in 10 or 15 glyphs posted so mats are not everything.
    I also spent a fortune getting all the new glyphs.
    That said, I stay within a reasonable range price -wise because I know the other side as well.

one thing to remember it to not get wrapped up in AH selling. If you spend an hour at the AH but only make 100g then you would make more doing dailies.

If someone else wants to sell an item for 50 silver over the mats, let them. just keep an eye on when they raise the price

Quote Originally Posted by gagglone
    I like bananas...
    This
    Quote Originally Posted by TradewindNQ View Post
    If someone could transform Satan's anus into a potent powder, I would totally snort it.

Quote Originally Posted by Lord_ZED
    Why you think its bot ??
    When i whas grinding gold with BS/JC/ENCH. I whas sitting 16-18 hours online (im online all the time even if im watching movie or doing anything else i never log off basicly) And i whas selling Gems and Ench mats.
    I Undercutted anything !!!!!
    I invested 10k gold on mats. Any ORE that showed up on ah even overpriced i got off ah. And spend most time doing items for DE and cutting gems.
    Usualy i had 3 000-5 000 dust for sale.
    Putting 100 auctions x1 ofc . Checking auctions each 10-15 minutes.
    In 1 week i made over 10k gold and had another 10k gold in mats for sale.
    In 1 week i totaly Owned Ench mats market. Everyone else stoped to sell any dusts hehe.

As you see you dont need a bot. You need just loads of time and no life and you can monopolize marcet in 1 week. AAA and fogot you need 10k+ gold to invest.
    1 word ....Scary

Quote Originally Posted by ds__swoosh
    If they are bots, yes.
    True.

Even if they are not bots, and have continual monoplisation, then you would probably have a fair case.

Blizzard will knock them back in the same way many governments knock monopolies back if it starts to have a negative impace on the people that play on the server.

If they arent much of a nuisance to anyone else, then im afraid you dont have much of a case.
    False.
    Quote Originally Posted by Xheoul View Post
    Send that bitch a smiley face...Bitches loooove smilie faces.

I certainly understand the concern of the OP, as I am a student of Economics. Price wars, as he is ultimately describing, are good for short periods, but totally destructive over a long period of time. For instance, the only gem on my server that sells for a decent amount of gold is the Scarlet Ruby @ approx. 70 gold. I never go on a mining run anymore to prospect saronite because I can buy the gems I want for less than a stack of Saronite on the AH. Sucks to be a JC, amirite? And on my LW/skinner, I'm stuck selling my Arctic Furs for 25g, half of what they sold for 4 months previous. This sort of consistent undercutting absolutely destroys a free-market economy, which is why the USA has the government agencies and commissions to protect the country.

TLR- Go ahead, report the buggers. If Blizz deletes them and bans their IPs, awesome. If not, sell in Trade and do dailies. /end QQ trail

15+ Year Old Account

However much annoying it is, i cant see why you should be able to report people for that :/

Quote Originally Posted by Sykom
    I certainly understand the concern of the OP, as I am a student of Economics. Price wars, as he is ultimately describing, are good for short periods, but totally destructive over a long period of time. For instance, the only gem on my server that sells for a decent amount of gold is the Scarlet Ruby @ approx. 70 gold. I never go on a mining run anymore to prospect saronite because I can buy the gems I want for less than a stack of Saronite on the AH. Sucks to be a JC, amirite? And on my LW/skinner, I'm stuck selling my Arctic Furs for 25g, half of what they sold for 4 months previous. This sort of consistent undercutting absolutely destroys a free-market economy, which is why the USA has the government agencies and commissions to protect the country.

TLR- Go ahead, report the buggers. If Blizz deletes them and bans their IPs, awesome. If not, sell in Trade and do dailies. /end QQ trail
    The problem is that WoWconomics =/= Economics.

There is no cost to farming gems or ore, except opportunity cost. Sometimes, even, the opportunity cost is negligible since you half of the gems/ore/etc is on the AH from raiding. You have thousands of 80s who are raiding and getting incidental items to sell, and only a small percentage per day are buying items to enchant/gem their upgrades. So there's more supply than demand, so price goes down.

The reason scarlet rubies sell for 70g on your server is because everyone uses them, typically exclusively. Rogues, ferals gem only 16 Agility. Pallies and DKs gem only 16 Str. Warriors gem only 16 Str or 16 ArP. Demand is incredibly high for scarlet rubies, and supply is almost identical, resulting in a much higher price. The price wars go on here too, they just don't last as long, because the rubies are picked up within minutes/half-hours, instead of hours/days.

lol!

Quote Originally Posted by ds__swoosh

O'Rly?

Thats why the Us government put a leash on Microsoft and stopped them having a complete monopoly in the o/s industry?

If many people complained and couldnt sell stuff on ah, and only 1 or 2 people were making all the gold, i can assure you, Blizzard would step in and stop it happening.
    False in that Blizzard will not care.

Deleted

If they are players you can't bann them, if they bot yet they can be banned.

Deleted

No, you can't report them but theres an easy solution for that.

Undercut everything they sell for no profit value for 48 hours and spam, so it wount be bought out. If they want to continue selling, they're forced to sell it for no profit or even lose money and you won't sell any since they undercut you, so it doesn't need almost any work to maintain from your part.
    They might struggle for a week but then dissapear. I've done it a lot and it works.

I swear i read the same thing 3-4 times in the op's post...

Quote Originally Posted by Somnio
    Indeed, the reading comprehension here is beyond primairy school level...

Should it be an automated process (Read: 3th party software) then it surely is a bannable offense. The fast they are online 12 hours straight every day without going AFK makes me suggest it is indeed scripted.

My best advice: Talk to a GM about your concerns.
    They will look into it. Trust me.

And if it appears to be a player, no harm is done.
    Don't say that people can't read right when your own spelling is mediocre.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zdrasti View Post
    He's telling you upfront what's going to take. It's not ninja looting. It's pirate looting! YAARRRR!!!

Quote Originally Posted by mirks
    Hey

Ive a question regarding udercutting, I know that most of people do it every few hours or sometimes often but on my realm there are 2 nubs who undercut every 1min or sometimes less. They are online for about 1-2months now, each day they login at same time around 1pm and logout ~1am so each day 12hrs and only thing that they do is undercutting people who posted auctions with lower price so others sellers cant sell anything tbh. They are selling gems and enchating materials.
    Can someone like this who is trying to monopolize market be banned for it ? They are using low lvls bank chars, changing nicks every few days (same guild), they never go afk, each day 12hrs in city and the only thing that they do is undercutting every 1min. Im not sure if they are gold sellers but their english is terrible (I know mine isnt perfect:P) and like I said they never go afk, login every single day and stay online for around 12hrs. Thos people are ruin economy, some prices of gems already dropped from 40g to 10g :/
    Its called exploiting the economy. IT IS A BANABLE OFFENSE!!! Ive had the unfortunate pleasure of experiencing a 3day ban for putting up a large quantity of gems for far far far below the current value (Thing is it was not my fault I accidentally forgot a digit >.>) But blizzard does consider it an exploit if you undercut or overprice in large quantities...
    CUTIE MARK CRUSADERS RAIDERS! YYYYYAAAAAYYYYY!!!

People who undercut I am sorry to say but are retarded, people need to learn to match prices that way the item still sells just not as fast but you make more gold.

So i was at the gas station and saw skittles there for like 80 cents. Then I went to walmart and seen them for like 50 cents. WOW REPORT WALMART FOR UNDERCUTTING.