Page 1 of 4
... LastLast

Ok now i've seen everything

Me and my 2 arena partners decided to play some 3s on our alts

Were all gladiators on our mains and our alts are in deadly/furious gear.

So we are at 1660 MMR roughly and we come up against DK/Warr/Holypaladin

We look at their t10 shoulders and shadows edges and think lol must be 2k+

We win... they were at 1600 rating, my warrior has worldcarver and deadly/furious pieces and I still out damaged him.

Now this shouldn't be a flex epeen thread because they are obviously noobs but the question is, do you think that they made ICC 25-man weapons too accessible (heartpierce/Brynntroll/shadows edge) for such early content. surely putting such weapons as drops off the first couple of bosses was a major design flaw. How are we suppose to gain rating when they hit so hard because they bought gold to hardness weapons of such power (shadow's edge) or pugged the first boss.

Now im gonna get a ton of responses saying just get it yourself if its so easy. STFU nab, thats not the point; SRS responses as to what you think about such strong weapons being availble from the first couple of bosses

Re: Ok now i've seen everything

Is there a point to this post or is it just bait for PVP BRAHS vs DARGONSLAYERZ?

You forgot to mention your comp, too.

And, anyone can buy Shadow's edge. We're leaving the bloods on the corpses to rot now. How is ICC any different than any other content? People sold Molten Core runs in classic.

scrubs will be scrubs even with highend gear, nvm fella :>

Bcuz getting PvE wepons for PvP matters? No
    They got them mainly to do more damage (down bosses faster then for example) in their guild's raids and so on, not to get better rating in PvP.
    You won, be happy, don't come here and whine about people getting easy weapns that come's from PvE to PvP with.

Quote Originally Posted by Chronalis
    What exactly does purposely easily accessible PvE gear have to do with Arena rating?
    Shadows Edge =/= Difficult to Obtain
    T10 Shoulders =/= Difficult to Obtain

Hell, if i wanted, i could go and buy the saronite and get Shadow's edge for my Paladin (who's never played ret and has very little ret gear) since i've got the hammer and blood.
    excellent thanks for reinforcing my point, my question was do you think that blizzard should of purposely made the pve *WEAPONS* so accessible?

So 1800 rating is hard to get? You need 3 people and you can sort out the timetables easily.

Compared to getting 25 people, setting a time, doing the instance and getting drops.

Not to mention you can actually get to 2.2k as well and get better ilvl gear than people doing 25 normal.

You are comparing a 3 people grind that can be done every day to a 25 people event once a week.

If you really think pve gear is too easy to get, then you always have the option to do it yourself.

-- Majic

Quote Originally Posted by Wilde79
    So 1800 rating is hard to get? You need 3 people and you can sort out the timetables easily.

Compared to getting 25 people, setting a time, doing the instance and getting drops.

Not to mention you can actually get to 2.2k as well and get better ilvl gear than people doing 25 normal.

You are comparing a 3 people grind that can be done every day to a 25 people event once a week.

If you really think pve gear is too easy to get, then you always have the option to do it yourself.

-- Majic
    refer to my first post about your last sentence

and if you think finding 25 retards to do lord marrowgar is hard than 1800 i dont know where to start

Quote Originally Posted by Ponko
    You useless **** get off these forums, you don't deserve air

and to stay on topic you pve scrub, how would you feel if we made the Tier 2 pvp weapons better than lich kings ones and moved them to 1500 rating? It's the exact same concept, your a waste of space
    How is that the same concept?
    Blizzard made weapons "easily" obtainable becouse they saw them to be used mostly in PvE, if someone wanna use it in PvP, why would they care?
    If someone want's to use a PvE weapon in PvP, let them and just beat him and go on then?

Also, it takes more brain to do PvE then PvP, so stop calling us "PvE scrubs" (PvE > PVP anyway) retards since your prolly one.

and if you think finding 25 retards to do lord marrowgar is hard than 1800 i dont know where to start
    Oh, please do start.

I would love to hear how you manage to gather 25 people at your whim, get a correct amount of classes, get them to the instance, kill the bosses, hax the loot table so you get the loots you want and manage to get enough for everyone who wants the item.

1800 rating is pretty much guaranteed with some effort and grind, and it only requires 3 people.

-- Majic

I think what the OP is trying to get at is, if the pvp equivalents of the weapons they have require at least 1800 rating and they are struggleing at 1600 rating and don't have the required skill to get to 1800, do they diserve the pve raid versions? Should they have made them harder to get so they required the same skill level as 1800 rating (which admitedly isn't hard to get but harder then the first 4 normal mode icc bosses) to obtain? Maybe.

But there are a few things to consider as well. What was your comp. They could have also just started out with a new team too, which is why they may be low rated. You never know they might be at 2k in a few weaks, and they just got an unlucky counter comp to them (TSG has a counter comp?).

TDLR: The OP thinks PVE weapons are too easy to get and people who are clearly bad in his mind don't diserve them.

Or they do what i do, pvp when im bored, have some lol's in arena and kick the shit out of the unskilled fucked, oh and (GEAR DONT MEAN SHIT)
    Classic WoW.

If Lord Marrowgar = Shadow's edge you might have a point, but that's clearly not the case. Find out how many guilds have both Festergut/Rotface even down, with the massive amount of people raiding, and how easy it is, it should be a really high percentage right? Maybe not.

If there were then 1000's of PvE players rolling through the PvP ladders, then you'd have a point. But you bring up a case where you saw ONE team, and they lost to your alts. So....what problem do you have again?

The question is, have you seen a lesbian wedding?

Gear does not make one a good PVP player. Nor is it even the beginnings of an indication that said players even understand how to play in arena.

It's likely that these "scrubs" that you're freaking out about have:

1. Probably never stepped foot in a arena ever.
    2. Have no idea that their gear is a SLAP IN THE FACE for you.
    3. Were probably just having fun, and are probably on their way to the 800 bracket as we speak - because they suck THAT MUCH.
    4. Don't remember you, and don't care that you beat them.
    5. Don't know and don't care that YOU have to work harder for your weapons than they probably did.

If they had overwhelmingly beat the crap out of you, despite making massive newbie mistakes, then you might have something to rage about, but as it is, getting mad at a couple of failtard PVEers for daring to step into arenas just makes you look like an idiot.

Oh, and the reason why all those weapons drop early? Because many people who are gearing up alts can't find runs into the ass end of Ulduar/TOC/TOGC because everyone would rather go to ICC. You'd be using lvl 200 or lower weapons otherwise. This just makes it possible to play in ICC content almost immediately. If you don't like it, please don't worry, because most of the people you will run into in the lower brackets still don't know how to PVP and will never learn.

Once you get out of the 1600 bracket, you'll be safe from the scrubs who 'have all the nice, easy to get gear" and be facing PVPers who have farmed up that nice gear just to pound your face in - like it should be.

Click on my website link - it's the whole history of Azeroth in point form!

We look at their t10 shoulders and shadows edges and think lol must be 2k+
    You can buy t10 doing heroics and, since when, beeing good at PvE means you are good at PvP (and vice versa) You have gladiator title, how many time you killed Arthas?

Quote Originally Posted by Netherinfern0
    Or they do what i do, pvp when im bored, have some lol's in arena and kick the shit out of the unskilled fucked, oh and (GEAR DONT MEAN SHIT)
    A lot off topic here but you do know if you do a 360 (sig line) you end up doing a complete circle and end up facing your original direction.....
    Signature removed. Please read our guidelines. Venara

belive it or not some dont take the game that serious

they may even have been playing while drunk

hell ive even seen people loose cause they felt pity towards the other players

have a nice weekend

and yes game is getting a tad to easy...i mean its for kids so it should be.but i think theyr overdoing it.

thats what you get when EA games buy blizzard
    To play those millions of minds,to watch them slowly respond to an unseen stimulus to guide theyr aspiration without theyr knowledge-all this whether in high capacities or in humble,is a big and endless game of chess of ever extraordinary excitement
    -sydney west-

Quote Originally Posted by Aknot
    A lot off topic here but you do know if you do a 360 (sig line) you end up doing a complete circle and end up facing your original direction.....
    that's a flamebait meme, btw.

Also the answers to it are as follows:

~ You turn 360, WALK PAST IT, and thus, away from it.
    ~ you turn 360, and start walking backwards, and thus, away from it.

Click on my website link - it's the whole history of Azeroth in point form!

15+ Year Old Account
    my submarine. it's long, hard and full of seamen.

Quote Originally Posted by SilverLynx
    that's a flamebait meme, btw.

Also the answers to it are as follows:

~ You turn 360, WALK PAST IT, and thus, away from it.
    ~ you turn 360, and start walking backwards, and thus, away from it.
    Nah man, you do a 3x60 = 180 degrees!

I don't see the weapon being game changing and you should know this being a previous gladiator. If they were in pve gear as you stated you already have a gigantic advantage with the change to resilience.

I don't really mind there being weapon drops in the first couple of bosses in ICC, gives melee something to look forward to right at the start. Also help rerolls/players who have come back to the game for 3.3 get back into the game.

What's really sad is the amount of players that do arena now. There are literally about 20 teams on my server that arena with some seriousness. You don't see LF 3v3 in trade chat like you used to. You don't see 5min ques because so many people are queing. All in all you could argue that arena is very close to dead. 5v5 last season had something like 1000 teams total. My main argument is that with every change/drop/spec blizzard shouldn't have to say to themselves how will this affect arena. It has gotten to this point and before drops from pve environments weren't even on this list of concerns. I don't wanna see this get outta hand.