Thread: Arothen - Bio

Arothen - Bio

Name: Arothen Powell
    Race: Human
    Class: Paladin
    Height: 6'3
    Weight:145-50lbs
    Hair Color: Red
    Appearnce: Medium sized hair, well kept. Beard, well kept. Blue eyes.

Bio: Arothen Powell was just a boy of four when he and his mother fled Stromgarde and headed to Stormwind. For the next 15 years he lived in Westfall farming and trying to support his Mother. When he was nine-teen a Bandit raid on his farm left his Mother dead and land tarnished. With a grieving soul he left for Stormwind to find work and hopefully a new life. Upon reaching the City he quickly established a room in the inn and begun his search for work. While doing grunt work around the City he begun to learn about the light, and eventually being able to wield it. He was then enlisted into training to become a Paladin. He was older then the rest of the recruits by a gap of five or so years but quickly learnt and became very strong in his training. He exceeded in the ranks that withinn two years he was out fighting in the name of the Light. He battled many foes like Ragnaros, Oxynia, and was even apart of the War effort for Silthus. He took up arms against the Horde and became a Grand Marshal assisting the Dwarves in Alterac. He even returned to his homeland to help the Brotherhood of Arathor fight the Foresaken. When the Dark Portal opened he went through and went through the perils and hardships of Outland. Only to return as a hero , but that was short lived when he was sent into Northrend. Inbetween his service he isolated himself from anyone who tried to get close to him, feeling that they would only die and he did not want to grieve for another. He's seen the fear and courage of the Alliance and is ready to serve his homeland.

Re: Arothen - Bio

There are some grammatical errors and some words that are misused, I think, but I won't hold that against you, or anyone else.

Though I can see his history and what he did, I can't see who he is, aside from a generic paladin. Write down his personality, and try and make him stand out, especially because we have a plethora of paladins already.

EDIT: I'd also like a more specific description of his appearance. I can generally see what he looks like, but there's not enough description to give me a specific image.

((Yeah, reading it now I see the mistakes. I was writing this late at night. But here is the more personal bio.))

Appearance: When you first look at Arothen you notice his Burgundy hair that flows to his shoulders along with a beard. Another that will strike you is his brown eyes. They look sad if not depressed when you stare at them. He has a scar that runs down his hand, he doesn't like to tell people the story because of how embarrassing it is.

BIO: Arothen was not a happy man. He witnessed both of his parents death. His Father died while trying to get his mother and him out of Stromgarde. Then his Mother was killed when bandits raided their farm. He spent years trying to stop grieving and move on but that was impossible. He became a very quiet man and even spent six months in his house in Stormwind. Between his fighting for the Alliance he sought to figure out more about him, so he traveled to Arathi Highlands. He found Refugee point and asked around, he found an old childhood friend that remembered him and told him the story of what had happened. He and his friend grew close, they became very good friends. Unforetunaly his time there ended, he was called back into battle at Alterac that he left. Years would go by before he ever saw it again. After a long time in Alterac he returned to Stormwind. He was called a hero, a Veteran of war. He was happy with his accomplishments and was going to retire from battle and take up a seat in the Cathedral of Light teaching the ways of the Light. He was happy in those days, teaching and praying was easy. No one died, he didn't have to wear heavy armor all the time nor carry a weapon everywhere he went. He even fell in love. Her name was Serena, a Priest who he met at the Cathedral. They were set to marry when he was called back to battle in Outland. At first he said he would not go, but when he heard of Danath Trollbane still being alive he went. Serena understood but stayed in the Cathedral. Their relationship would have to stand the test of time and patientence. After long months in Outland he was happy to return to Azeroth. When he returned, he found out that Serena had been killed by a bandit who escaped the Stockade. Arothen went into a deep depression, one he has never fully recovered. He severed all ties of friendship and went back to fighting for the Alliance. Never again will he get close to anyone. He was sent to Northrend and so he has stayed, even after the death of Arthas. He is now quiet, and barely speaks, tears left a mark on his face.

alright, the appearance looks good (though i wanna know what kind of beard... full beard? goatee? etc), and the new history looks better, though you forgot to add how he became a paladin :P

By the way, what we generally do here in the RP forum when editing a character is edit the original post to add any new details, not make a second post. It helps keep things simple, especially for people just browsing characters.

(( Haha sorrry, I'm new to the forum RPing. I was just going to keep how he became a Paladin intact, I can rewrite it if you wish.))

10+ Year Old Account

The looks and such is not a big factor if you got an avatar or SigPic of your char (like mine or Madgods)
    It also usually got more details then text.

For example, my avatar tells you everything you need to know about how Ellié looks.
    ~ ♥ { Face of Death | The Cast } ♥ ~

(( can be used for the role playing forums, these forums don't require them.

edit: You're Japaneese?
    Quote Originally Posted by Mortis Darkskull View Post
    1st south park garots... now happy garots... next one must be overdramatic seinen manga garots...
    Best of 5 years!

(( I was thinking of doing that, is it just taking a screenshot ? I will defiantly get on that))

Quote Originally Posted by BigFudge11
    (( Haha sorrry, I'm new to the forum RPing. I was just going to keep how he became a Paladin intact, I can rewrite it if you wish.))
    alright, splice it in... that is, if you think it doesn't need any touch-ups.
    Quote Originally Posted by Telcular
    The looks and such is not a big factor if you got an avatar or SigPic of your char (like mine or Madgods)
    It also usually got more details then text.
    My avatar/sig have nothing to do with my characters, just my general persona as a man of crazy ;D

Quote Originally Posted by Garots
    (( can be used for the role playing forums, these forums don't require them.
    oh yeah, what he said. parenthesis is for when you're in the RP forum proper. The discussion forum is entirely OOC, unless your character's history is portrayed from a first person viewpoint.

(( I was thinking of doing that, is it just taking a screenshot ? I will defiantly get on that))
    there's rules on signatures and avatars. You can post a screenshot of him here on this page, if that's what you meant.

Quote Originally Posted by Garots
    edit: You're Japaneese?
    たぶん。^_~

Quote Originally Posted by Ellié
    たぶん。^_~
    I do believe I need a translator!

*goes to google*

10+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Ellié
    たぶん。^_~
    Learn something new every day :-X

Alright. So I'll do a few touch ups on my History and get a picture up. Anything else I need to get the Roleplayer status?

Just post in the request thread and then you should be set.

A handy tool for making characters is the modelviewer, if you don't already have that.

Alright. So I'll do a few touch ups on my History and get a picture up. Anything else I need to get the Roleplayer status?
    that's pretty much it. Once the general public approves of your character, you just need to wait for the mod to get his ass in gear and pass your name along for RP status :P

and yeah the WoWModelviewer is an awesome tool! I use it a lot for dream RP sets. I think they aint too bad... maybe I'll post some someday.