Page 1 of 9
... LastLast
    Deleted

The Worgen Origin (not NDA breaking)

"After recovering the artifact you're presented with an interesting story -- one that even surprised me. The Worgen curse originated from a sect of Druids who followed Goldrinn, Druids of the Scythe. They shapeshifted into the feral Worgen form and eventually lost their minds to its violent nature. The other Druids agreed that these Worgen must be locked away, and thus put them into eternal slumber deep beneath a tree... until the day Arugal tampered with the Scythe of Elune. Freeing the Worgen unleashed the curse upon the populace and ultimately caused the situation you and your people are now in. At the end of this sequence, the Night Elves feel it's their place to help the Gilneans. It was the Night Elves, after all, who created the curse in the first place. They teach you to gain control of the Worgen, and while you're not permanently cured, this is how you learn Two Forms -- your racial that allows you to shift between Human and Worgen."

http://www.worldofraids.com/topic/17...ng-experience/

There you have it, there were no "original" worgen, they were all Druids that went feral and were locked on those scary trees.

wow. how disappointing.

10+ Year Old Account
    This is actually pretty cool, imo.

I always enjoyed Night Elf and Druid lore, and just adding this huge bit of story to the already interesting Worgen of Gilneas, the race has so many cool things about them. this also explains Worgen Druids better.

A Worgen Death Knight will not only be the target for "omfg kid noob furry DK fag" but will have so much lore behind their existence being labeled as such would be totally worth it, especially if you are skilled enough to go against any labels you may be labeled with.

TL;DR Lotta lore behind this race, I love it.
    Last edited by Malthurius; 2010-06-19 at 07:36 AM. Reason: More details of why I think this.
    "Questions are for those seeking answers. Those who have answers are those who have asked questions." -Mike R. (Malthurius)

Wow, how interesting. Can't wait to see it for myself.

Deleted
    You are missing spoiler warnings dude. While I always want to learn everything as soon as possible there are those who want to learn the story by experience the content them selves

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Targo View Post
    You are missing spoiler warnings dude. While I always want to learn everything as soon as possible there are those who want to learn the story by experience the content them selves
    The title itself is a major spoiler warning.

/thumbs up.
    SUPPORT W.O.L.F.! (WORGEN-OPTIONS LIBERATION FRONT)

10+ Year Old Account
    hmmm i was hoping for some more emerald dream stuff or another plane of existence. it forgets some worgen lore.

also when did arugual gain the scyth i thought the night elf just so happned to have lost it in duskwood to some dark riders or what ever and we re sorta find it in grizzle hills. arugal didnt use it if i recall he found his own way.

also it makes me wonder, worgens were said to have a master was it the wolf demi god?

i guess they sorta ret coned it

glad to see my fav character is nice to a guy WHO STARTED A FREAKIN CIVIL WAR
    Last edited by GennGreymane; 2010-06-19 at 09:32 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I love this, this is an incredibly interesting twist and adds a lot to the story of the Worgen. Though I'm still confused how you can be a Worgen druid before the curse overtakes you.

so to sum it up it was druid's fault in trying to shapeshift in something funny...

I was hoping for some sort of evul villain but this one is good too

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Porimlys View Post
    I love this, this is an incredibly interesting twist and adds a lot to the story of the Worgen. Though I'm still confused how you can be a Worgen druid before the curse overtakes you.
    u likly can call upon the abilites since ur in a druid form, however the night elves likly tell u what it is and how to use it properly

Well this explains why the scythe of elune summoned worgen in the first place seeing as how they were druids of the scythe it's only natural that it would summon it's closest disciples.
    Q. Why are there so few female politicians?
    A. Because it takes too long to makeup on two faces

Deleted
    Nice find, but i find it dissapointing worgen came from such 'good' class, i wanted them to origin from some evil place.
    So worgen were shapeshifted elves...good...crap, more elves!

10+ Year Old Account
    well i read the whole thing and looks like worgen starting area is gonna be AWESOME!

Quote Originally Posted by Eltrollo View Post
    hmmm i was hoping for some more emerald dream stuff or another plane of existence. it forgets some worgen lore.
    IIRC the original lore had the worgens coming from another world entirely - one which had been overrun by them and a world therefore where it wasn't a good thing to be a small herbivorous mammal with a weak heart condition. *AWOOOOOOOOO!* *SQUEEEK!* *CRUNCH!*

Quote Originally Posted by Porimlys View Post
    Though I'm still confused how you can be a Worgen druid before the curse overtakes you.
    Druids in the 1-5 bit are simply a different kind of mage the Gileans have who're 'followers of the old ways' or something... then the elves get their hands on them, slap them silly for a bit and declare, "you're druids, get with the program". Sounds kinda flakey as far as reasoning goes but it's a workable retcon.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by snark^ View Post
    IIRC the original lore had the worgens coming from another world entirely - one which had been overrun by them and a world therefore where it wasn't a good thing to be a small herbivorous mammal with a weak heart condition. *AWOOOOOOOOO!* *SQUEEEK!* *CRUNCH!*
    Dimension, not world.

A lot of you can't appreciate anything in this game. This is probably one of the best storylines in all of WoW. ONE of, not the greatest.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Butler Log View Post
    hurray for retcons -.-
    Retcon? There is none here.