Shameless appropriation.

Hi guys, I have been RP'ing in here for a little while now, and being literarily inclined I have seen many tempting storylines that could be evolved into full blown novels. I have some shreds of dignity however, so I will not simply steal your ideas and use them without your knowledge.

What I propose to attempt is to invite people to a freeflowing, lightly structured SRP with myself as the primary storyteller. Anyone who wishes to join must be aware that the story told herein can and will be built upon and used by myself, in a world not owned by Blizzard. As such there would be minor changes to characters ie. Race etc to make it not a breach of copyright. People should only join if they are happy to acknowledge that their ideas in this RP are mine to use. If you have always wished to be creative yet never had the time or literary skills to do it yourself, here is an opportunity to see yourself in print. I can update people with chapters of the novel should they desire it as it progresses.

Protagonists I would like to see in the story include Garots, Maddy, Saerwen, Elyaan, Ellie, Telcular, Lady of the Lore Miss Coventry and Valakin. Any of you are welcome to join, and I would be honored to have minds of your calibre working alongside mine. Other people are welcome to apply, as villains and neutral cameos will always add flavor to a story.

For protagonists, I ask you to be creative in your character devising, using hybrid classes and weaving your own ideas from other influences into them. For example, you might be an anime fan and wish to blend a thief/mage into something like Naruto, with the skills of a rogue matching the shinobi and the Mage making up the jutsu, or a warrior/lock woven in the style of a Soul Reaper from Bleach. Those who like concepts from books, movies or tv are welcome to incorporate them also. Do not be concerned about copyrighted ideas, everything will be altered slightly to avoid such issues. Character quirks and flaws are encouraged, as they add depth and realism.

The RP itself is set in an alternate dimension to the real Azeroth, where the Lich King has been defeated, but the Cataclysm has not occurred, nor has Neltharion stirred in Deepholm yet. An uneasy peace has form

---------- Post added 2010-09-06 at 03:34 AM ----------

Between the alliance and horde, yet despite no overt threat, unease stirs throughout Azeroth. Rhonin, in his neutral city of Dalaran, now restored to the Alterac Mountains, has called for Heroes once more to assemble there, before setting out to investigate this unease.
    Death is the only true release, the only real freedom.

Sora Dawnblade Bio. http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...94#post8142294

Shaza'Kiel Bio. http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...69#post8342969

Sounds... interesting.
    I think it's a great idea, and have actually thought about doing that with my RP.
    Which you happen to be a part of... :P
    I'm kinda wrapped up in my own story right now, but I'd love to discuss it with you further.
    Last edited by Ellié; 2010-09-06 at 04:03 AM.
    ~ ♥ { Face of Death | The Cast } ♥ ~

Certainly does spike my interest.

Alas, the threads that gain attention are not planned that way, it just happens.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mortis Darkskull View Post
    1st south park garots... now happy garots... next one must be overdramatic seinen manga garots...
    Best of 5 years!

10+ Year Old Account
    Slightly intrested.. yet no promises.

@Garots: My RP was originally just improv, but as it grew I started planning things out.
    ~ ♥ { Face of Death | The Cast } ♥ ~

Quote Originally Posted by Ellié View Post
    @Garots: My RP was originally just improv, but as it grew I started planning things out.
    Exactly, then as it grew, you knew you couldn't improv much longer.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mortis Darkskull View Post
    1st south park garots... now happy garots... next one must be overdramatic seinen manga garots...
    Best of 5 years!

So basically, it's a story that we could all write that wasn't from the warcraft universe...

You've definately piqued my interest, bro. I think I'll join :P

I would be happy to join in.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm interested. So would this be in an alternate azeroth?
    Last edited by Valakin; 2010-09-06 at 08:42 PM.

This does sound interesting. I will gladly be part of it.

You ask for more? Then come, traveler, to the Whispering Deep, where only the mad walk.
    Raid Idea: The Whispering Deep and Ny'alotha

Quote Originally Posted by Ihnasir View Post
    Umbra - you are a god.

Lady of the Lore Syrra Coventry's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    It's an interesting concept, and I will give it due consideration, as well.

However, I would like to hear more detail before I decide on whether or not I wish to be a part of it.