Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    It would be awesome to have a event or a phased quest like we have had in WOTLK, so the alliance could be retaking Stromgarde. Since they completely lost Lordaeran, and Southshore has been lost to the horde, I believe it would be a great perspective to send up a army and be retaking Stromgarde, so they wont be left with that small encampment that they have now, and during the last 5 years we have been doing quests to kill the leaders and the mobs inside Stromgarde.
    Ansgar the Insane

Quote Originally Posted by dcemuser View Post
    Wetlands is an extremely defensible position. Not only do they have lots of air support from Ironforge, but the only entrance is via a tiny narrow bridge, easy to control.

Edit: On topic, Arathi Highlands is NOT listed as ready for testing. It's not done yet.
    Not sure what you are looking at. I am looking here http://forums.worldofwarcraft.com/th...36776&sid=2000 and every zone but winterspring and silithus is ready for testing.

---------- Post added 2010-09-12 at 04:43 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Porimlys View Post
    Well in defense of Dustwallow marsh, it was already revamped and is considerably better than most zones live now, it didn't really need big changes.
    True but compared to the all the changes done to the other zones it has become rather lame. You have to run around everywhere because it isn't streamlined. They don't use the new questing technology (phasing, vehicles etc). Not saying that the place needs a whole new questing expirience. Keep the quests the same but then add a new quest here or there to make it fun and little more up to date.

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Togarox View Post
    Not sure what you are looking at. I am looking here http://forums.worldofwarcraft.com/th...36776&sid=2000 and every zone but winterspring and silithus is ready for testing.[COLOR="red"]
    You are right here...but zones like Hillsbrad are still missing some quests.I dunno if you have read the feedback on the beta forum, but there is no quest in the alterac sub-zone in the beta at the moment....and no solid information about this mysterious new sub-zone here at the south of sillithus : http://cata.wowhead.com/zone=5695/ah...fallen-kingdom

The beta is still open anyways...to be continued i guess!
    If you fishing for hours at the same place and you become confident that everything is fine and safe, its will mean one thing; You are wrong. Because i was actually sitting near of you for hours, cloaked in the shadow with a smile on my face and my daggers ready to strike. I did it many time before. I will do it again.....and again......

Quote Originally Posted by Jerakal View Post
    They have to show the Forsaken becoming more and more of a threat so that when Sylvanas inevitably goes nuts and tries to take over the world it'll be more dramatic.
    Meh, she's too popular to get rid of

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Menegroth View Post
    Meh, she's too popular to get rid of
    Right, because stories never kill off popular characters.
    Nope. Never.
    Last edited by Pie Lord; 2010-09-13 at 07:46 AM.
    “Where books are burned in the end people will burn.”
    -Heinrich Heine

time appears to be running out for the beloved arathi highlands, if boub is right and cata is released 2nd November then what do you guys think the chances we will see any change at this stage are? Has there been any word from blizz at all on danath or the zone???

I honestly don't see a point in Blizzard leaving out a zone form being revamped, and they already mentioned a couple of times that they didn't like dead zones like Azshara is now. So they are probably gonna change that too, and it would be looking kinda bad if every zone is build with the new and improved engine while a few zones is build by the old one.
    Ansgar the Insane

They will change highlands but its prolly not gonna be as big as like the southern barrens. You might get a minor warzone effect, but dont expect too much out of it.

It seems like Blizzard is missing a huge opportunity with Arathi Highlands for some great quests and story progression. If it remains the way it is now on beta, I can't imagine many people will level there.

Quote Originally Posted by Pie Lord View Post
    Right, because Blizzard never kills off popular characters.
    Nope. Never.
    Slight modification but the effect remains.

Warchief
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Alleluia View Post
    time appears to be running out for the beloved arathi highlands, if boub is right and cata is released 2nd November then what do you guys think the chances we will see any change at this stage are? Has there been any word from blizz at all on danath or the zone???
    Not at all, seems Cataclysm will either ship in December (The actual game) or will have crap zones. No idea why, but it'll end that way :S I hope it doesn't, since losing 2 awesome zones (Dustwallow for some cool PvP/Arathi too, but with an epic chain with the Trollbane family)

10+ Year Old Account
    I would be very disappointed if arathi highlands went live in its current condition.

Deleted
    I would be disappointed as well.

The zone not only feels exactly the same as vanilla, the Alliance quests are perhaps worse. There is no discernable plotline, other than "Stromgarde is still kind of ruined and there are loads of Syndicate about the place.", even though the organisation doesn't even exist anymore in its native Alterac. The zone just feels unfinished.

Leaving it in this state would be especially bitter considering the fact the Alliance have lost Hillsbrad, which is vibrant and has lots of awesome questlines for Forsaken players. I hate to cry "HORDE BIAS" because that'd make me a ridiculous fanboy, but as an Alliance player I expect to have an experience which is at least equal to that of my respected Horde counterparts.

Quote Originally Posted by Ixuzcc View Post
    For future discussion around the subject, it's Stromgarde. But we all got the point so it doesn't really matter.

I hope the highlands get their fair share of attention, it's a lore-rich zone. Right now, it feels like Arathi Highlands is a place people MIGHT go to if they're bored enough while leveling. It's a shame...

You mean the fact that he says "Oh my God" (you think all the teen chicks who say it are highly religious?) or the fact that he want's a physical entity represnting religion in WoW... a video game?
    your reply is more idiotic than the op's...next time think before you shit all over a thread

Warchief
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DangerousDan View Post
    I would be disappointed as well.

The zone not only feels exactly the same as vanilla, the Alliance quests are perhaps worse. There is no discernable plotline, other than "Stromgarde is still kind of ruined and there are loads of Syndicate about the place.", even though the organisation doesn't even exist anymore in its native Alterac. The zone just feels unfinished.

Leaving it in this state would be especially bitter considering the fact the Alliance have lost Hillsbrad, which is vibrant and has lots of awesome questlines for Forsaken players. I hate to cry "HORDE BIAS" because that'd make me a ridiculous fanboy, but as an Alliance player I expect to have an experience which is at least equal to that of my respected Horde counterparts.
    Sadly, I have to agree with you :/ Arathi has NO phasing, and you feel as if you never achieved anything there... Pretty lame if you ask me, I hate to cry Horde bias... But I'll just say that if you are a dwarf, you better check out Kalimdor or Stranglethorn for that level bracket... It's just sad -.- Although they MIGHT revamp it, but I doubt it.

all the areas up there next arathi highlands it should be at least a little fair if the alliance get ahold of stormgarde and take control of arathi.
    The spirit of the alliance will never die even when all is lost

Warchief
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by acenthehole View Post
    all the areas up there next arathi highlands it should be at least a little fair if the alliance get ahold of stormgarde and take control of arathi.
    Well, they could always wait for a 4.1 to revamp them, although it just took what, 2 weeks for Hillsbrad? And they also focused on 85 content, when they get to the "Tweaking numbers" weeks, they could surely revamp it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyTKF View Post
    Sadly, I have to agree with you :/ Arathi has NO phasing, and you feel as if you never achieved anything there... Pretty lame if you ask me, I hate to cry Horde bias... But I'll just say that if you are a dwarf, you better check out Kalimdor or Stranglethorn for that level bracket... It's just sad -.- Although they MIGHT revamp it, but I doubt it.
    Could see some heavy use of phasing here with Dannath's return and have a long questline in which you help to retake a part of Stromgarde as alliance. Horde side could perhaps have one revolving around chasing out the Alliance of Refuge Pointe. Many have said it, and I'm going to say it again. Something big could be made in this zone, perhaps Blizzard is holding back something big for later? Let's hope for the best and that our voices may be heard.
    "They must find it hard; those who take authority as the truth rather then the truth as authority."

I believe Arathi was one of the first zones open for testing and thus, one of the crappiest. It's terrible.

Doubtful anything is going to happen. I will admit when you compare what the horde do there, what the ally do is really quite sad in live. There is also the semi-secret pirate cove there too in live.

However it's likely not intended to be an ally zone anymore. Worgen are intended to flow to darkshore, and the dwarves are presumably intended to flow down into badlands and searing gorge.

Now as it is apparently worse, and we know southshore is gone, it does beg the question of exactly how are ally supposed to flow northwards to hinterlands and the plaguelands?
    (Other than the tried and true: NPC Pita McSnafu set up a macguffin to Aerie Peak as a quest, get there to turn it in.

Horde side could perhaps have one revolving around chasing out the Alliance of Refuge Pointe.
    Why exactly would the horde bother with refuge pit/gulley when our quests in live already have us cleaning out stromguard?