Page 1 of 6
... LastLast

What were you thinking?

Well I hear a lot of people are going to reroll there characters come cata so I was wondering.. When you first bought the game and went onto the character creation screen what was going through your head?
    Well for me it was something like this.

"Hmm I want to be a bad guy! So im going.. horde!"
    " OMG OMG OMG so many races to choose from!"
    " UNDEAD I CAN PLAY UNDEAD IM UNDEAD HAHAHA IM TOO POWERFULL!"
    " I think I want to be a wizard!"
    " Now how do I change my gender?..." (I searched the forum for 2 hours to find out...)
    " Well now he is complete!"
    "... How do I play?..."

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    "I remember those Sentinels from wc3. Their bear druids are awesome. I'm going to be night elf bear! What? My friend already in Horde. Well, then tauren bear."

"You know what, I remember hearing something about warlocks and Infernals. Those were fucking awesome in War3. I also heard something about how warlocks are gonna be important in opening the Dark Portal again. I am SO gonna be a warlock.

Hmm...which race...Undead. Definitely undead. ROR IMA CORPSE."

and then, when I realized that warlocks did not survive on PvP servers (this was aaaaaaaaaaages ago), I rerolled on another server

"Okay. No more warlock. Maybe later. What now...well, what's the opposite of a warlock? A paladin! Opposite of undead...Human! I'M ON IT."

and then I leveled to 60 and started raiding.
    Originally Posted by Daxxarri (Blue Tracker)
    What you're experiencing is world PvP on a PvP realm. I realize that it's not for everyone, but it's not something that we plan to adjust. The harsh reality is that life on a PvP realm can be difficult, and if you aren't prepared for the rigors of playing on such a realm, then it's probably in your best interest to transfer to a normal realm, or, if you cannot afford that, then consider creating a new character on a normal realm.
    Grim Campfire

Here's my thought process.

"I have been playing a rogue for 4 years in EQ. I'm going to play a rogue in WoW as well. I know from the beta that combat is a spec for rogues and that they use swords and maces, so I'm going to do that. I am going to be Alliance, and humans have a racial to increase weapon skill for swords and maces. Human males look like linebackers, and that's not very rogue-like... so I'll make a female."

Quote Originally Posted by Voltex123 View Post

"Hmm I want to be a bad guy! So im going.. horde!"
    Did you at least learn in the past 5 years that's wrong?

10+ Year Old Account
    "My friend is a... Hunter."
    "I think I'll be one too, that way he can tell me what's good and bad."
    "He is an orc, so I guess I should be one t- OH! MY! GOD!"
    *Rolls a troll hunter*
    "Hooray!"

Currently, however, I main a male undead mage created by my then 3 year old sister.
    He is purple-ish and he has no lower jaw.
    Needs more Tauren Marine.

mage cus it looked pew pew and PoM pyro looked AWESOME!

then soon after A hunter wtfstomped me while lvling.. then I went ZOMG HUNTAAR IS FUUN! my mage is now lvl 69 and I have yet bothered to lvl her all the way..

Female Orc HuNtARrRR!

10+ Year Old Account
    "My friend said that warlocks get demon pets"

/random on human female for the look

Picked a name, and I went with that.

well my original toon used to be a dwarf pally (he is now a Blood Elf) anyways i only picked him because i wanted to see a short chubby guy on a horse, and pallys got free horses...win win.

Oh and this was back during vanilla before AQ when mounts were expensive.

Derailed the Cereal Thread

"Tauren druid! Fuck yeah! Tauren are awesome, and druids can shapeshift!"

*gets ganked a billion times doing form quests in Moonglade*

"Time to reroll. My friends from FFXI play Alliance and have a decent guild going so I'll play with them. Gul'dan was awesome so I'll play a warlock. God damn gnomes are retarded... Human it is!"
    Last edited by unholytestament; 2010-10-13 at 08:19 PM.

Deleted
    UD rogue because grim.

Made an orc shaman played him til about 16 then deleted him and proceeded to make about 1250 characters over the next 5 years.

HURRRRR

NITE ELF?

HURRRRRRRR

WAR-E-OR?

DERRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR

Then I deleted it and make a NE rogue that I played for about a year and a half.

Then BC came out and I rolled a BE mage to try out the new starter zone. Made a mage because I played the "mage" class just before in Guild wars and really liked it, and it was the one class I had never really tried out.

Then race change came out and I thought "I want to look awesome" so I went undead <3

15+ Year Old Account
    Oh man! I can be a Minotaur? Awesome!

Konkeroar - Level 60 Tauren Warrior - R.I.P.

"OMG TAUREN SHAMAN! ITS LIKE I'M PLAYING CAIRNE BLOODHOOF WITH THRALL'S POWERS!

Wait, this shit is boring... I wonder what else I could try. Wait, what the hell, orcs didn't look like this in warcraft III. Oh well, look big and burly. Hmmmm, warrior, toe-to-toe combat, sounds like something cool. Needsta have a face like Thrall's (google an SS of Thrall in WoW). DEFINITELY needs a beard. Whoa, a pony tail matches him kinda well. Needs grey hair to look seasoned; needs to be darker so he doesn't look too old."

I spent quite a bit of time running around staring at my character's pony-tail flailing about. I wasted a shit ton of time running around trying to get on top of the mountains in barrens. Getting on top of org etc. I think it took me a year and half of playing off and on to hit level 40 back in '05 to '06.
    Quote Originally Posted by High Overlord Saurfang
    "I am he who watches they. I am the fist of retribution. That which does quell the recalcitrant. Dare you defy the Warchief? Dare you face my merciless judgement?"
    i7-6700 @2.8GHz | Nvidia GTX 960M | 16GB DDR4-2400MHz | 1 TB Toshiba SSD| Dell XPS 15

Deleted
    Dumdedumdum, gonna play a rogue...
    Races, races...
    HOLY SHIT IT'S GOT BLUE SKIN AND IT STABS PEOPLE.
    HOLY MOTHER OF CHRIST IT DOES FRONT FLIPS, HAS BLUE SKIN AND STABS PEOPLE OMG.

At least for my first character.

Quote Originally Posted by Emaluri View Post
    "You know what, I remember hearing something about warlocks and Infernals. Those were fucking awesome in War3. I also heard something about how warlocks are gonna be important in opening the Dark Portal again. I am SO gonna be a warlock.
    Wow I had almost forgotten about that dark portal bit! I remember thinking about how awesome that would be if I was one of those warlocks.

10+ Year Old Account
    Here is my conversation:

Me: "Hmm... the Alliance looks cool."
    Friend: "No. The Alliance sucks. Go Horde, that's where my friends and I play."
    Me: "But they look evil. I don't want to be evil."
    Friend: "Neither side is 'evil.' Just go Horde."
    Me: "Fine. But none of these races look like my style."
    Friend: "Go with the Cow-people, Tauren. They're the less evil."
    Me: "I thought you said none of them were evil?"
    Friend: "Forget that part. Go Tauren."
    Me: "Okay. So what class should I pick? Warriors look cool..."
    Friend: "Nah. Go druid. Out of all of our teams, we don't have a druid. They're resourceful."
    Me: "Are you sure? I read that Hunters were best for newbies though."
    Friend: "Yeah, but Hunters are useless in raids and stuff. Plus a Feral Druid is the same as a Warrior."

Like that. Granted, everything he said was true, I have had more fun on my Alliance Warrior. My Druid currently sits in Outland in the 60's range. Perhaps I'll one day level him to the cap. But he's a low priority.

"With King's Light and Lion's Roar, By kingdom's pact, our spirits soar, Against the Darkness, we stand in defiance, Even in death, Glory to the Alliance!" - Ken Silver, Human Hunter

Night elf, because Furion was my favorite. Druid because the shape-shifting sounded fun.
    No surrender! 70 Vanguard - The Star Forge

Started as a mage because looved my wizard from Ragnarok. First BE bcause the're hot
    After around 15 levels rerolled a draenei mage because they are most beautiful options available and a friend was playing as alliance. Found out that the awesomeness of Storm Gust is nowhere to be found, but still played.
    After getting throughoutfully bored with a mage (2+ years) made a priest. Very soon decided that healing was freaking awesome and I should have started as a heal-capable class. Leveled, ICC geared, got bored (much faster).

Now a shammy because draenei is still awesome, shamans are healers (=more awesomness) AND they can solo old-world content