Page 1 of 3
LastLast
    Deleted

Perhaps Stromgarde will be alliance.

First of all I'd like everyone to know that I DON'T care about what faction gets what zone.
    and now, on-topic:

So I read somewhere that the Arathi Highlands barely changed with the shattering, but that Blizzard is working on it.
    Could it be, that the Arathi Highlands actually become Alliance territory through some questlines and phasing? Or is there any lore / major event preventing this from happening?

Please, enlighten me!

It's part of the progression path for both factions, so it will remain contested.

Arathi can remain contested even if Stromgarde is retaken by the Alliance. Heck, if Stromgarde is retaken by the Alliance is could lead to even more extensive questing for the Horde in Arathi (ex: Go kill Allys so we can have Strom).

Even though I primarily play Horde, I would love to see Strom retaken by the Alliance. I think the Forsaken conquest of the former-human lands is a great storyline progressions, but I also think there ought to be someone who can stand in their way.

Quote Originally Posted by Odirain View Post
    Even though I primarily play Horde, I would love to see Strom retaken by the Alliance. I think the Forsaken conquest of the former-human lands is a great storyline progressions, but I also think there ought to be someone who can stand in their way.
    Seconded.

It would be pretty dang cool if the Alliance retook Stromgarde, Varian's probably pretty keen on the idea, since that would kinda mean they'd establish quite a massive base on the frontlines with the Forsaken. Actually dreamt something in the likes of this. The Alliance had retaken Stromgarde, and it was now a heavy questing/daily questing area. Reinforcing the defenses and all commonly just rebuilding the city, in the course of dailies over a longer period of time, heavily phased whilst at it. Stromgarde had also turned into the main barracks for training of Stormwind soldiers and guards, so there were tons of quests where you went from a squire up to a Royal Stormwind Guard. It'd be kinda cool. Having dailies where you were patrolling cities, smaller villages etc, keeping the feel of an ongoing war.

But yes, one can dream.
    The Kilt is a Scotsmans friend! Looks good, tells people who ye are before speakin' to them and handy for joe-blobbs too!

The Alliance are stretched so thin that they have to resort to using criminals in their armies - how exactly are they meant to support another offensive on the scale of taking and rebuilding Stromgarde?

The people of Westfall would like a few words with you King Emochin.

Why does everybody think Varian can conquer Stromgarde?
    Stromgarde is it's own Nation and if it will ask for help Stormwind can give help, but as long as an hier is still alive (Danath Trollbane) Varian has no right to even touch Stromgarde.

That said it would be kinda need if it would be reconquered and afterwards an NPC called King Danath Trollbane would be placed in the Keep
    If you ain't Dutch, you ain't much.
    As Finishing touch God created the Dutch.

For Gnomeregan!
    For King Wrynn! and for the Alliance!

Jaina Proudmoore: Sugar, Spice; and Everything Nice.

Yes I am a Alliance fanboy and yes I am proud of it, FOR THE ALLIANCE.

Quote Originally Posted by Corvus View Post
    The Alliance are stretched so thin that they have to resort to using criminals in their armies - how exactly are they meant to support another offensive on the scale of taking and rebuilding Stromgarde?

The people of Westfall would like a few words with you King Emochin.
    The Alliance are spread thin but so are the Forsaken, the Forsaken are having trouble in their own backdoor and have taken massive amounts of casualties(they lost their entire fleet in Gilneas along with larg portions of their army, they also lost some of their best soldiers in Silverpine), they even almost lose in WPL and are not able to take victory untill they use the Val'Kyr(allthough it could be argued that it is because of Koltira's treachery).
    The Forsaken are not in any place to advance further they are in bad shape aswell.
    Fire up the engines! We got a meetin' with destiny, lads! Muradin Bronzebeard
    Grab a sword and fight the Horde. Uncle Lothar wants you!
    Proud member of the "I Hated Forsaken Before It Was Cool Club"

10+ Year Old Account
    Maybe and hopefully they've been spending a few months working on an epic quest line and/or event to take place at Stromgarde.
    I reported lamb of log twice, once for having a slow car and once for trolling.

Quote Originally Posted by Octavios View Post
    First of all I'd like everyone to know that I DON'T care about what faction gets what zone.
    and now, on-topic:

So I read somewhere that the Arathi Highlands barely changed with the shattering, but that Blizzard is working on it.
    Could it be, that the Arathi Highlands actually become Alliance territory through some questlines and phasing? Or is there any lore / major event preventing this from happening?

Please, enlighten me!
    Where did you hear that Blizzard was working on it, I'm in the beta and there's been no word on arathi whatsoever.

If they do or if they don't one thing that I really hope is accomplished at the end result of all these quests are actual battle lines being made. Live right now seems like there's no 'front' of the war. This makes discussing things in an RP server difficult. If fronts are made like Southern Barrens, Ashenvale, Arathi Highlands then it feels more like a realistic war. So far they seem to be moving towards this direction but it really hinges on if Arathi Highlands is given over to one faction or the other.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Darbot View Post
    Where did you hear that Blizzard was working on it, I'm in the beta and there's been no word on arathi whatsoever.
    I think I read it at some guy's blog, and there were people on my server talking about it too.
    Even though those might not be reliable sources, it could explain why Blizzard barely touched Arathi in beta.

Even though I am Orc 4 life, I too wish the Alliance would retake Stromgarde. I could see it becoming a last bastion for the remaining humans of Lordaeron, seeing as how the Forsaken are plaguing up the continent.

If this was done during this expansion, then naturally Blizzard would give a Horde counterpart, not sure as to what this could be though. It doesn't have to be an old base reclaimed, could even be a new one so as long as it is (re)built through quest phasing, perhaps similar to the Isle of Quel'Danas.

10+ Year Old Account
    The Horde got Andorhal, so it wouldn't be a problem to give Stromgarde to the Alliance.
    Why is the shield generator always outside the shield?

Quote Originally Posted by deathleach View Post
    The Horde got Andorhal, so it wouldn't be a problem to give Stromgarde to the Alliance.
    Well to be fair, even though I am Alliance, I think that if Blizzard is to give us Stromgarde it should not be out of pity or complaining about equal returns. The game should progress on by lore, when the time is right they'll incorporate Stromgarde, until then have the lore stay linear instead of parallel.
    To be married on January 21st, 2011.

Deleted
    So what do you guys think?
    Out of one of the interviews:
    Will we see a reuniting of Sylvanas, Vereesa and Alleria?
    We'll have that wrapped up along with the Turalyon storyline.... in Stromgarde... with Atiesh. TWO YEARS AGO! (sarcasm)

Will legendaries from the past scale to be useful at 85?
    Yeah we don't have that planned. We don't want to make items that last forever. I won't say never, you may see Atiesh at some point, but we don't really have it planned.

We are almost 2 expansions past outland, are we ever gonna find out what happened to High General Turalyon?
    We have every intention to deal with that character in a very important and epic way. no plan yet. you're gonna love it though."

They do notice Atiesh en Turalyon in the interview again, but no more about Stromgarde.
    Any ideas/speculation why?

Since they mention three random things together, of which two of those, Turalyon and Atiesh, are probably coming back, might this be an indication that Stromgarde will come back too?

Going to bed now, will respond this morning!
    Last edited by mmocbbaceb7f52; 2010-10-23 at 01:49 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Octavios View Post
    So what do you guys think?
    Out of one of the interviews:
    Will we see a reuniting of Sylvanas, Vereesa and Alleria?
    We'll have that wrapped up along with the Turalyon storyline.... in Stromgarde... with Atiesh. TWO YEARS AGO! (sarcasm)

Will legendaries from the past scale to be useful at 85?
    Yeah we don't have that planned. We don't want to make items that last forever. I won't say never, you may see Atiesh at some point, but we don't really have it planned.

We are almost 2 expansions past outland, are we ever gonna find out what happened to High General Turalyon?
    We have every intention to deal with that character in a very important and epic way. no plan yet. you're gonna love it though."

They do notice Atiesh en Turalyon in the interview again, but no more about Stromgarde.
    Any ideas/speculation why?

Since they mention three random things together, of which two of those, Turalyon and Atiesh, are probably coming back, might this be an indication that Stromgarde will come back too?

Going to bed now, will respond this morning!
    sounds like there just trying to piss off the lore buffs to me.

yes we are all born from the flames of passion that stirred in the loins of our four fathers![Friend Code: 3325-2545-2595]

Danath is wasting away in hellfire penn. I have no doubt he will be back for cata eventually. I think blizzard plans on phasing zones through the patches to keep the zones changing. It will keep the storyline in azeroth interesting and not just in the new zones.

---------- Post added 2010-10-22 at 11:13 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Shroud View Post
    sounds like there just trying to piss off the lore buffs to me.
    Yeah, the note next to those comments was "sarcastic" so that makes me fear it isn't happening.

I miss the old days, pre BC, when the road to Stromgarde was guarded by NPC knights on horseback. As Horde, when I was leveling there, it was a constant pain to avoid them patrolling along the road to the keep and then back towards the alliance town nearby.