Quote Originally Posted by Caine View Post
    LNs are very different from western fantasy novels. I can't describe it well, but the style and the feeling is completely different. And on top of that there's the "lol chinese cartoons" stigma stopping many people from even giving them a chance.

The market is very niche, we're not getting commercial LN translations anytime soon.
    dunno i see more and more people reading manga here dont think its that much of a stigmata anymore like a few years ago ;X back when i startet reading mangas and watching animes (not the ones airing on tv) i was probably 1/10000 that actually did that but now more and more people below 25 start picking it up and u even see a few people reading mangas in the train every day ;X

also sure the whole phrasing is kinda different in LN's atleast thats how it felt to me reading parts of Mondaiji but i still liked it and i think alot of people would buy them if they released them in the west. i would bet 50% of the people watching log horizon and liking it would buy the LN's ^^

Anime-List
    Hearthstone: Inngrimsch #2408
    Steam
    LoL

Quote Originally Posted by Valynvin View Post
    what makes u think higher lvl = higher aggro radius? Touya is by far the highest lvl of the team and the sorc still got aggro from just starting to cast his spell ;X
    also i just saw tsuki has now translated log horizon up to volume 5 chapter 4
    the samurai brother of the two twins was complaining about how it was so difficult because he was supposed to be tanking, but everytime they'd be near a monster, they'd always go straight for the level 90. *perhaps* it was just a threat generation reference, but it sounded like he wasn't even attacking, they'd just aggro the highlevel on sight.

F/HA just jumped to 100% translated! Just needs the editing to finish!

Quote Originally Posted by Brincamian View Post
    F/HA just jumped to 100% translated! Just needs the editing to finish!
    Sweet jesus best news today

Quote Originally Posted by Nonon View Post
    Sweet jesus best news today
    Bah, it looks like somebody may have trolled them with a Google translator and other nonsense. Guess that happens sometimes when anyone can submit translations for the lines.

It's still moving quite a bit faster the last couple weeks, at least.

Quote Originally Posted by Hemoglobin View Post
    Whatever the reason, I'm happy they do lol. The LNs are fantastic and I'd of gone mad without them fulfilling the Spice and Wolf fix that the anime left me craving.

I hope they're trolling, but apparently Cthuku isn't subbing quartet anymore.

http://cthuko.nyaa.eu/2013/12/21/disbanding/#comments

That would seriously suck. I heard Watashuki (sp?) might be picking it up, but I don't know how credible that is. I know it's free and they don't have to do it, but if their reason for quitting is true, it's lame of them to stop with only 2 episodes left. I wouldn't care if there were other groups subbing it, but they're the only ones.

Hopefully this is them trolling.
    pls no pls

Bah, it looks like somebody may have trolled them with a Google translator and other nonsense. Guess that happens sometimes when anyone can submit translations for the lines.

And you made me so happy.
    "Defending a position by citing free speech is the ultimate concession: you're saying that literally the most compelling thing you can say for it is that it's not illegal to express."

Well, my Christmas is ruined.

Mechagnome
    New Monogatari episode is out.

- - - Updated - - -

That ending of the new Monogatri episode dear god that ending!

Shinku Claus here to deliver presents!

Mechagnome
    So it seems the Hajime no Ippo episode 10 is delayed till the 28th if you are wondering Bals.

I've heard. Sad news

3 star popularity contest in /a/
    Posted it on the wrong thread whoops
    pro-gun liberal

Quote Originally Posted by wormslut View Post
    3 star popularity contest in /a/
    Posted it on the wrong thread whoops
    That's in line with how I'd rank them. Gamagoori is way too awesome.

What do you guys think of an anime like this.

The world is a peaceful place and looks just like ours when God or a higher power speaks to everyone in the world saying he wants to play a game. He gives everyone in the world a battle power but doesnt tell them how to use it, then he spawns monsters or as people of earth would call them "Invaders" to start massacring the people of earth. Then in the sky is a leaderboard that shows your rank and how many you have killed, but only the 15 rankers around you, but not showing your image, only your name. It would also show how many people of earth you have killed in the rank information. Then to the side it would show the top5 rankers. So in this world not only would they have to fight the invaders but they would also have to fight against some of their own kind who hold evil intentions toward their own people.

It could also have some sort of academy where they could have people training, or that could be a spin off of what its like in the future. Thoughts?

Quote Originally Posted by Bleachroxs View Post
    What do you guys think of an anime like this.

The world is a peaceful place and looks just like ours when God or a higher power speaks to everyone in the world saying he wants to play a game. He gives everyone in the world a battle power but doesnt tell them how to use it, then he spawns monsters or as people of earth would call them "Invaders" to start massacring the people of earth. Then in the sky is a leaderboard that shows your rank and how many you have killed, but only the 15 rankers around you, but not showing your image, only your name. It would also show how many people of earth you have killed in the rank information. Then to the side it would show the top5 rankers. So in this world not only would they have to fight the invaders but they would also have to fight against some of their own kind who hold evil intentions toward their own people.

It could also have some sort of academy where they could have people training, or that could be a spin off of what its like in the future. Thoughts?
    That sounds completely ridiculous. If it got some comedy in it, I would definitely watch it.

Quote Originally Posted by Lightcaller View Post
    That sounds completely ridiculous. If it got some comedy in it, I would definitely watch it.
    Ridiculous bad or good? lol It could comedy and i also havent figured out a back story for the main characters yet or main male and female heros. Not gonna lie there would more than likely have some romance in it

Ridiculous bad or good? lol It could comedy and i also havent figured out a back story for the main characters yet or main male and female heros. Not gonna lie there would more than likely have some romance in it
    Framework does not sound bad, but this kind of setting needs to be either a very light comedy(Think To-Love Ru, it does not matter if the world makes sense because it's not supposed to.) or have a very, very in-depth explanation... and making this kind of plot actually make sense is a tall order.

Also, it is a very loose bunch of ideas - binding them together into an actual story is the hard part.
    "Defending a position by citing free speech is the ultimate concession: you're saying that literally the most compelling thing you can say for it is that it's not illegal to express."

Good. I think. I like the sound of it though.