Fairytale FTW ^^

mmm i hope theyd make dusk maiden of amnesia an anime...its so win

i've lost count as to how many animes i've seen....i have three tabs always open and im always browsing.

my favs are to many to remember but i stick to those action drama romance psychological comedy horror fantasy ones, you name it i have seen it

ones i dont like though are the top three, no offence but i just cant get into them and i make fun of my friends for liking them, they suck =P

the one ONE 1 anime that has actually hit me was clanned and it had me tear up i had to watch something gory after to forget it, it made dango's depressing =(
    To say of what is that it is not, or of what is not that it is, is false, while to say of what is that it is, and of what is not that it is not, is true.

Just finished clannad, well the first series, that just topped kannon for me especially considering just how similar the story was to my own in high school :P Cept we we're after a drama club, but other than that from meeting after she'd been kept back to taking me in , sadly since my girlfriend cant understand Japanese we cant get after story just yet, and i was told to wait to watch the movie afterward too.

though i have to say i really hated the alternate story arc :/ really sorta killed the mood watching it after the last episode, just to be sure can anybody tell me if the after story follows the original story or the arc... hoping not the arc >.>. Thanks for any help

Quote Originally Posted by shallaserrar View Post
    Just finished clannad, well the first series, that just topped kannon for me especially considering just how similar the story was to my own in high school :P Cept we we're after a drama club, but other than that from meeting after she'd been kept back to taking me in , sadly since my girlfriend cant understand Japanese we cant get after story just yet, and i was told to wait to watch the movie afterward too.

though i have to say i really hated the alternate story arc :/ really sorta killed the mood watching it after the last episode, just to be sure can anybody tell me if the after story follows the original story or the arc... hoping not the arc >.>. Thanks for any help
    yea after story follows the main story, i havent seen the movie but i read a few reviews on it and all i got from them was a poor remake thats kind of compacted
    To say of what is that it is not, or of what is not that it is, is false, while to say of what is that it is, and of what is not that it is not, is true.

Quote Originally Posted by shallaserrar View Post

While i havn;t seen clannad i CAN tell you this. It;s based off of a visual novel so if there was an alternate story arc it was probably just covering another possible story route.

Requesting help considering anime! Me and my boyfriend are trying to fill the huge hole FMA and FMA:BH left when we finished watching them.

We're currently watching Fairy Tail and it's fun, enjoyable and we like it, but we're soon done with it. I've tried to find some anime by recommendations in this thread, and on anime-planet it seems like it's not possible to search for several different tags at the same time there. I search for shounen, and I get everything from Dragonball, Yu-gi-oh to Naruto and One Piece.

In other words.
    We're looked for an anime which is shounen fighting-ish, which is fun and enjoyable to watch, with a good standard and preferably a slight hint of romance. Can anyone help us? >: Second thought, any outstanding anime will ofcourse do, but fighting shounen is prefered.

Edit: Anime we've watched:
    FMA, FMA:BH, FMP!, FMP! fumoffu, FMP!SR, Naruto, One Piece (haven't watched, I just dislike it :P), Bleach, Fairy Tail, Hajime no Ippo.
    Last edited by Litoru; 2011-03-22 at 06:21 PM.

@ Litoru, give these a shot, might be what you're looking for: Code Geass, Kidou Senshi Gundam 00 (guess there's a bit of romance in there) Eureka Seven (romance here!), Soul Eater, D.Gray-Man, Koukaku no Regios (romance!), Shakugan no Shana (romance!!!). The first 3 are Mecha anime, all of them have a lot fighting and are very very good. Check them out on anidb/wikipedia, read the plot summary and see if it sounds any fun. If you happen to see the first season of some of them make sure you finish them :P

Edit: If you've gone through some of the pages here you'd see a lot of talk about Kanon 2006, Clannad. I recommend those and Kimi ga Nozomu Eien, Lamune for an awesome Romance/Slice of Life/School life adventure!
    Last edited by kri4o; 2011-03-22 at 08:52 PM.

perhaps samurai champloo might be something for you to watch lots of interesting fighting its got a little romance but not enough to turn it into a cryfest and its prty funny when you get further in

and you will def like gurran luggan

and like kri4 said shakugen no shana is very good too however unless they bring out another season later this year you might be forced to read the manga to finish the story or atleast se more of it

Litoru, Also you can watch Freezing (Futuristic/Sci-fi), Infinite Stratos, Wolverine (same as the marvel character), Kore wa Zombie desu ka? (this is supernatural with comedic elements, but it is worth watching.) All of these can be watched on animeseason as they are constantly updated when the new episodes are out. Also if there is one that I would highly recommend it would FLCL
    League of Legends Porkchop Express 30 NA

Quote Originally Posted by Gwarr View Post
    yea after story follows the main story, i havent seen the movie but i read a few reviews on it and all i got from them was a poor remake thats kind of compacted
    Glad to hear thanks just found the site for the place re-producing them and ordered a copy ^_^, as for the movie it's kind of what i expected so watching it would probably end in spoilers :P always prefer a series to a movie though hehe.

Quote Originally Posted by Litoru View Post
    Requesting help considering anime! Me and my boyfriend are trying to fill the huge hole FMA and FMA:BH left when we finished watching them.

We're currently watching Fairy Tail and it's fun, enjoyable and we like it, but we're soon done with it. I've tried to find some anime by recommendations in this thread, and on anime-planet it seems like it's not possible to search for several different tags at the same time there. I search for shounen, and I get everything from Dragonball, Yu-gi-oh to Naruto and One Piece.

In other words.
    We're looked for an anime which is shounen fighting-ish, which is fun and enjoyable to watch, with a good standard and preferably a slight hint of romance. Can anyone help us? >: Second thought, any outstanding anime will ofcourse do, but fighting shounen is prefered.

FMA, FMA:BH, FMP!, FMP! fumoffu, FMP!SR, Naruto, One Piece (haven't watched, I just dislike it :P), Bleach, Fairy Tail, Hajime no Ippo.
    Code Geass, Rurouni Kenshin, Samurai Champloo maybe? To be frank most shonen fighting anime are absolute garbage
    this is the NNYPD, please step away from the showers

In other words.

Kaze no Stigma and Shakugan no Shana sorta fit your requirements. They're not very long (24-26 episodes iirc), but they both have tsunderes with flaming swords . I personally prefer Kaze no Stigma because the male protagonist isn't an annoying wimp like the Shakugan no Shana one.

kaze no stigma is prty meh thou you wont really get anything from watching it unless you plan to read the manga..prty sure there is one, and it kind of borders on incest not full blown houdy day stuff..but it still is

---------- Post added 2011-03-23 at 12:30 AM ----------

wait a minut...why havnt any of us told them to watch tora majutsu no index yet..?

---------- Post added 2011-03-23 at 12:32 AM ----------

and woot woot over 2k posts in this thread

---------- Post added 2011-03-23 at 12:33 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Sorrior View Post
    While i havn;t seen clannad i CAN tell you this. It;s based off of a visual novel so if there was an alternate story arc it was probably just covering another possible story route.

...you havnt watched it yet!!?? go do it neeeeoooooooow!!! =D
    Last edited by tanksin the enhance shamy; 2011-03-23 at 12:32 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by tanksin the enhance shamy View Post
    wait a minut...why havnt any of us told them to watch tora majutsu no index yet..?
    For one it's overrated, only interesting parts are those with Misaka and Accelerator

you speak blasphemy!!
    i know its not the best but its still prty good man railgun is coolsies id still rather watch it then others like naruto etc

rather watch it then others like naruto
    That's a given for most series ^^

In other words.

Scryed should work as should Needless Also Gurren Lagann should be good and as others have said Zero no Tsukaima and Shakugan no Shana and agreed on the guy who said To Aru. Tekkaman Blade and Isekai no Sekishi Monogatari should work out well for you guys. Iseka is done by the same guy who did the tenchi ovas and is pretty damn funny with some nice it has a nice mix of romance(it IS a harem series afterall) wih some nice action starting around episode 6-7. Hmm i knwo there are others but my comp is going nuts again and it;s taking several seconds for the text to catch up so will have to wait.

---------- Post added 2011-03-23 at 01:47 AM ----------

kaze no stigma is prty meh thou you wont really get anything from watching it unless you plan to read the manga..prty sure there is one, and it kind of borders on incest not full blown houdy day stuff..but it still is

---------- Post added 2011-03-23 at 12:30 AM ----------

---------- Post added 2011-03-23 at 12:33 AM ----------

...you havnt watched it yet!!?? go do it neeeeoooooooow!!! =D
    Okay first to the klaze thing. I actually liked it and wished there was more.

About to aru agreed great show

now for clannad i have my reasosn mainly that i'm still sorting some meotional things out on the last few so not ready for a KNOWN depressing series.

In other words.

Sorry to whip a dead horse (everyone else pretty much gave good recommendations), but my 2 cents say this:

•TT Gurren Lagann. 100% fun and epic, hard to put down.
    •Code Geass. If you can neglect some shortcomings, it's amazing.
    •Soul Eater. Not necessarily too great (ending veered away from the manga, so prepare to be disappointed) but a pretty likable set of characters and good pacing.
    •Katanagatari. Much more depth and WAY higher quality than a shounen series (which I wouldn't even regard it as). 50 minute episodes, so be ready for lots of (rather good) dialogue. It is pretty amazing though.
    •Baccano. Not at all shounenish, but I'd say its a good watch in relation to Brotherhood. Sometimes similar atmosphere and concepts, but I can't give away more without spoiling. Great for people like me who always look for a certain mood or atmosphere (in this case that of the 1930's American underworld).

As far as the To Aru Raildex/Ingun discussion goes, I've only seen season 1 of Index and am halfway through Railgun. I'd say it isn't a good series; Touma and Index are flat out bad characters and the subject matter is sometimes boring. That being said, I like it quite a lot. Misaka, Kuroko, Accelerator, the MISAKAs, and to a lesser extent Uiharu and Saten are all very good characters. The soundtrack is awesome. The fight scenes in Railgun at least are pretty cool, fights in Index without Touma are always good. I think this is an example of a universe with potential being somewhat squandered. Still, it is worth the watch in my book.
    "If at first you don't succeed, you really need to quit this game."
    -Judic

Can also vouch for Eureka Seven and Code Geass with those criterias (and most of Parablius' suggestions). If you like Katanagatari you might also like Spice and Wolf, which has barely any action but extremely interesting dialogue and also that hint of romance you mentioned

I found Index pretty average - the first few episodes made me expect an epic story with religious elements for more epicness, and I was disappointed in the end to find it wasn't such a "serious" story from start to end. As for Railgun, 90% of it wasn't enjoyable at all for me, I can't understand how I managed to watch it through :P The 2nd season is a bit more interesting so far (compared to the 1st).

Kaze no Stigma became pretty much the standard for "average" to me.
    Paladin | Warrior | Mage | <Was Here> (Recruiting for Finnish 10man HC raiding)