Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Deleted
    Proof please, in the form of video. There's no way anybody is doing 24k in blues with 19 mastery. There's no way anybody is going much past 16k at the moment, and that's during spikes. At most my Skada is showing ~13k dps in 10man and I'm in 5HC BiS right now.

How are you only pulling 13k sustained in 5HC BiS? I managed that on Argaloth in a pug, with the boss facing me half the time, and I'm not in pre raid BiS yet.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by lowler View Post
    At most my Skada is showing ~13k dps in 10man and I'm in 5HC BiS right now.
    That's a bit low, isn't it? I have 5 epics and rest 346 and my initial dps is around 23k, then it mellows down and holds a consistent 17k.

But yeah there's not a chance you can hold 20k dps as mutilate in blues, especially not while stacking haste.
    Last edited by mmoc348563f3d3; 2010-12-21 at 01:38 AM.

Proof please, in the form of video. There's no way anybody is doing 24k in blues with 19 mastery. There's no way anybody is going much past 16k at the moment, and that's during spikes. At most my Skada is showing ~13k dps in 10man and I'm in 5HC BiS right now.
    Are you raiding yet? thats the numbers im getting.

http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/jc2q4dpgl57cps38/

My bad, 25k dps

Edit:

And yeah as linlol and Sagan-man were saying, that's pretty low dps you're pushing if you're in BiS heroics already :S

lolhalfus.

You trying to be funny?

10+ Year Old Account
    Dosent Halfus give you a damage buff or something? since 25k there is no way, atleast for me to be able to get that on a normal boss, and my gear is not that bad imo o_o
    Last edited by Fenii; 2010-12-21 at 03:17 AM.

oh my indeed it does :S. I believe a more accurate reading would be the Tol barad boss which equates to roughly 17k.

Eh well there we go gotta take corrections well hehe

Deleted
    I was getting about 13 (maybe 13.5) thousand DPS on Omnitron last night. Anywhere you have to switch. I'm not sure what I had on Magmaw, but there's absolutely no way anybody is doing 20k on anything right now, apart from some boss mechanic.

10+ Year Old Account
    On Argaloth 10man om thursday I pulled 17,5k dps.
    http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte.../Kalman/simple

That's my toon. And since Argaloth is your basic patchwerk style boss(at least for melee) I'd say 17-19k is the max I could do.
    I messed up with cooldowns on that try, not using pre-Potion of Tol'vir and Trinket/Vendetta at the start. Instead I used vendetta about 30 seconds in to the fight. And when we killed him I noticed I had 20secs left on my vendetta cooldown, so could've got an extra use there.

Anyways I'm just an avarage rogue so I don't see it being impossible for Paragon rogues to dish out 20k+ very easily.

Quote Originally Posted by UR1L View Post
    And since Argaloth is your basic patchwerk style boss(at least for melee)
    Outside of the added parry chance from the boss facing you and the firestorm phase if you have extra mDPS.
    About EP:
    Quote Originally Posted by Aldriana
    With the usual caveats about these numbers being based on a specific set of gear which probably isn't what you're using, such that these answers will be approximately right but not exact
    Vanilla: 60 Shaman
    BC: 70 Rogue, 70 Druid
    Wrath: 80 Druid, 80 Paladin, 80 Shaman, 80 Rogue
    Cata: 85 Rogue (Holmés), 85 Priest (Naclwater)

Uhm, I'm hitting 18k quite often with suboptimal play on fights that don't require me to reset my rampup constantly. I've not been able to hit 19 mastery tho, best was up to 18. On 5man Heroics that is. I imagine my DPS with raid buffs would easily surpass 20k with good play.

Also, correct me if I'm wrong -- why would the guy reforging for haste give him more specials? Our only real source of energy regen now is the returns from VW, and bleeds ticks are unaffected by haste. Did they increase the energy regen via haste a bunch for Cata or something? Bc after 4.0 hit I tried shedding my haste from 35% down to like 21% to get my mastery way up, and i couldnt maintain both good envenom spam and rupture at that point.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by stellvia View Post
    Uhm, I'm hitting 18k quite often with suboptimal play on fights that don't require me to reset my rampup constantly. I've not been able to hit 19 mastery tho, best was up to 18. On 5man Heroics that is. I imagine my DPS with raid buffs would easily surpass 20k with good play.
    Prove this. I managed 21.2k on BRC 3rd boss with the debuff at ~7 or more stacks the whole fight. I have average ilvl of 347, which is pretty much as good as it gets with just 1 epic. Prove that you're constantly pulling 18k no problem over a fight (not your ridiculous spike epeen stroking). On Corla I did just below 17k I believe and it wasn't a terribly long fight and that's with 16.5 or so mastery. Seeing as how you don't even understand stat mechanics judging from the rest of your post, I'll be waiting in earnest.

Seriously folks, stop lying about your WoW-ePerformance. I want to match up my performance with other rogue players and forums are where I look. You gain no respect in an online game, so there's no reason to lie.

Prove this. I managed 21.2k on BRC 3rd boss with the debuff at ~7 or more stacks the whole fight. I have average ilvl of 347, which is pretty much as good as it gets with just 1 epic. Prove that you're constantly pulling 18k no problem over a fight (not your ridiculous spike epeen stroking). On Corla I did just below 17k I believe and it wasn't a terribly long fight and that's with 16.5 or so mastery. Seeing as how you don't even understand stat mechanics judging from the rest of your post, I'll be waiting in earnest.

Seriously folks, stop lying about your WoW-ePerformance. I want to match up my performance with other rogue players and forums are where I look. You gain no respect in an online game, so there's no reason to lie.
    Are you legitimately complaining about people saying that they do more than you as you ask how to play better? Why are you here if you're not going to listen to those that are doing it probably better than yourself.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Swiftstryder View Post
    Are you raiding yet? thats the numbers im getting.

My bad, 25k dps

Edit:

And yeah as linlol and Sagan-man were saying, that's pretty low dps you're pushing if you're in BiS heroics already :S
    Epic fail.

Understand fight mechanics before you post logs for Halfus Wyrmbreaker. I can pull 25k dps as a tank on that fight.

I said quite often, I never said constantly. As in it's not rare that I will hit 18k on a boss thats melee friendly.

Deleted
    I've managed to top over 20k on many heroics so far, ofc with the help of bloodlust.
    But even without BL I almost never get under 15k on any meleefriendly boss encounter at heroics.
    On the new voa 10 I managed to get 16,5k dps. But that was in pretty lame gear, and I predict that I now will manage to get around 20k on that fight aswell.

I'm not allowed to link my armory yet, since I have to few posts up atm.

Quote Originally Posted by Swiftstryder View Post
    Reforged to spell hit cap (around 1235 with 3/3 precision)
    1127, homie. Read up.

Also, your trinket is third worst in slot, above Unheeded Warning, and Grace.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ruzhy6 View Post
    Outside of the added parry chance from the boss facing you and the firestorm phase if you have extra mDPS.
    Stop standing in front of him then.
    In 10man there's no problem having 2 melee dps doing it from behind.
    Can't say for 25man as we don't have healers at 85 to try that yet. But since he does 475000 damage on 25man you could easily have 10 people on each side taking the meteor slash and have 5 melees pumping it behind the boss.
    And the firestorm phase doesn't mean you have to stop dps'ing. As melee it really doesn't affect me in any way. Just move when you have to and you can control the fire.

Deleted
    Can't say for 25man as we don't have healers at 85 to try that yet. But since he does 475000 damage on 25man you could easily have 10 people on each side taking the meteor slash and have 5 melees pumping it behind the boss.
    And the firestorm phase doesn't mean you have to stop dps'ing. As melee it really doesn't affect me in any way. Just move when you have to and you can control the fire.
    Word... word

Deleted
    Melee can always stand behind him as the boss doesn't require more than 1 tank. You just need 1 person in the melee camp that taunts during every 2nd meteor slash and have your tank taunt back immediately after the cast that way melee can always stand behind the boss and the enrage timer is piece of cake even with scrubs.