Thread: [TV] Doctor Who

Quote Originally Posted by Ridesdel View Post
    Netflix has about 50-70% of the existing old Who, just remember the BBC erased a good chunk of the Doctor way back when, didn't think it was going to be as massive as it is today back then.
    Wow you're right, I've only looked at the streaming but going through the DVDs they have a lot more than I thought they did.

they have a decent amount of classic who and the new who up to season...6 if i remember correctly.. and for current i just go to tv-links.eu.. you can also buy them on xbox live and i think the apple store.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by apepi View Post
    Funny, most people are now saying that most episodes seem rushed.

ive liked all the other episodes so far, just not this one. felt like it missed a lot of stuff out, a lot more they could have done with the story, didn't think it was terrible though, there are worse episodes.
    my favorite from 7.2 so far is hide, loved that episode!

---------- Post added 2013-05-08 at 06:16 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Arlee View Post
    Finally watched the last two episodes so I can read this thread again! \o/

I agree with the whole kids blackmailing her at the end of the last episode being stupid. Even stupider is her not realizing that there is exactly zero chance of their dad believing the kids when they tell him their Nanny is a time traveler. /sigh Also doesn't Clara still have all that crazy computer stuff in her head? How does it not occur to her to get rid of the pictures? /double sigh

Anywho I am getting anxious for some things to actually be revealed.

she didn't know the pictures were there, she just got back from travelling by the looks of it and and they show her these pictures they have seen at school.
    though its a bit odd, if you see an old picture that looks like someone you know, your first thought isnt "timetraveller and an alien!!!" they should have built up to the kids finding out if they were gonna do it.
    dragonmaw - EU

Finally watched the last two episodes so I can read this thread again! \o/

I agree with the whole kids blackmailing her at the end of the last episode being stupid. Even stupider is her not realizing that there is exactly zero chance of their dad believing the kids when they tell him their Nanny is a time traveler. /sigh Also doesn't Clara still have all that crazy computer stuff in her head? How does it not occur to her to get rid of the pictures? /double sigh

Anywho I am getting anxious for some things to actually be revealed.
    Only 2 episodes left from the looks of it so we won't have to wait long. Any word on when the 50th Anniversary special is going to air?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Skippy88 View Post
    Only 2 episodes left from the looks of it so we won't have to wait long. Any word on when the 50th Anniversary special is going to air?

pretty sure the 50th is late in the year, like october or so, could be wrong.
    dragonmaw - EU

Deleted
    I wouldn't see it aired any other day than November 23rd.

Quote Originally Posted by feangren View Post
    I wouldn't see it aired any other day than November 23rd.
    Was that the day of An Unearthly Child fifty years ago?

Quote Originally Posted by Arrowstorm View Post
    Was that the day of An Unearthly Child fifty years ago?
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/An_Unearthly_Child

Yep. And it falls on a Saturday. And is the exact 50 year anniversary.
    It has to air on that day.

10+ Year Old Account
    Leftcoast 2 blocks from the beach, down the street from a green haze called Venice.
    Quote Originally Posted by ElyPop View Post
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/An_Unearthly_Child

Yep. And it falls on a Saturday. And is the exact 50 year anniversary.
    It has to air on that day.
    I plan on having Jelly Babies, Custard, Fish Sticks and other assorted Whovian themed food.

Quote Originally Posted by Gothicshark View Post
    I plan on having Jelly Babies, Custard, Fish Fingers and other assorted Whovian themed food.
    Corrected that for you.

10+ Year Old Account
    Leftcoast 2 blocks from the beach, down the street from a green haze called Venice.
    Corrected that for you.
    yah Fish Fingers, sadly they are actually somewhat different than Fish Sticks, and sadly in California it is hard to find good Fish Fingers.

Deleted
    Latest season of DW seems to be a bit worse than older seasons.

yah Fish Fingers, sadly they are actually somewhat different than Fish Sticks, and sadly in California it is hard to find good Fish Fingers.
    Fish ´n Chips for everyone!

Wait they are two different things? What's the difference? I might have to go hunt down some fish fingers to check this out now!

Wait they are two different things? What's the difference? I might have to go hunt down some fish fingers to check this out now!
    *Shrug.*

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fish_finger

They're exactly the same thing.

The Unstoppable Force Elim Garak's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    They're exactly the same thing.
    Only they are made of fish fingers, not sticks.
    All right, gentleperchildren, let's review. The year is 2024 - that's two-zero-two-four, as in the 21st Century's perfect vision - and I am sorry to say the world has become a pussy-whipped, Brady Bunch version of itself, run by a bunch of still-masked clots ridden infertile senile sissies who want the Last Ukrainian to die so they can get on with the War on China, with some middle-eastern genocide on the side

10+ Year Old Account
    just read that the 50th will be showing in cinemas around the country! i might have to check if my local one is showing! watching doctor who on a massive screen
    dragonmaw - EU

Quote Originally Posted by Elim Garak View Post
    Only they are made of fish fingers, not sticks.
    But, I don't believe fish even have fingers. And if they did, they definitely would not be that large.

Same deal with buffalo wings.. where on earth do they hide all of those wings?

The second half of this season has been terrible. It seems cheesey as hell and just crap in general.

The crimson horror had 1-2 good points but was mainly crap too.

Can't see the next one being good either, never liked the cybermen.

The Unstoppable Force Elim Garak's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    But, I don't believe fish even have fingers. And if they did, they definitely would not be that large.
    They don't have sticks either! It would take a lot of fingers/sticks to make one Fish Finger/Stick. So size doesn't matter!
    Same deal with buffalo wings.. where on earth do they hide all of those wings?
    Trade secret!
    All right, gentleperchildren, let's review. The year is 2024 - that's two-zero-two-four, as in the 21st Century's perfect vision - and I am sorry to say the world has become a pussy-whipped, Brady Bunch version of itself, run by a bunch of still-masked clots ridden infertile senile sissies who want the Last Ukrainian to die so they can get on with the War on China, with some middle-eastern genocide on the side