Page 1 of 8
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Heroics will and SHOULD be easy next major patch.

Something that I've seen a lot of bitching about is due to the fact that heroics aren't as hard as people wanted them to be, and they think they'll be complete cakewalks in the next patch. Well, they will and should be. Heroics are meant to get you into the first tier of raiding, and offer a challenge too players of this gear level. In Wrath the issue was that heroics were NEVER challenging, and I think a lot of people are starting already to get into that mindset of the Cata heroics.
    "I'm in full 346 gear and heroics are starting to be a breeze with some common sense and CC."
    Well good, this is how it should be. Blizzard put a cap on possible valor points gained in a week for a reason, so that players don't have to do the heroic daily to get all the possible valor points they need.

You should be Pveing for the raiding content, not 5 mans.
    /end rant.

Well said. But I am going to post this in every thread I hear about heroics being easy now. You still need to pay attention to mechanics. In wrath you could pretty much ignore the mechanics and still down the boss regardless, if you ignore them now, you will recieve an instagib or the heals spending a quarter of their mana pool healing you EACH FAIL, and the fights last long enough that you can oom the heals that way.
    Quote Originally Posted by Henry Ford
    Thinking is the hardest work there is, which is probably why few engage in it.
    This explains a lot.

Heroics are already easy, go in a guild group and see. Once you hit 340 average they then start the trend toward faceroll, once at 346 you never need to use CC again (except on rare trash packs) and once you hit 350+ it's steamroll again.

And I'm very much ok with this.
    I am the lucid dream
    Uulwi ifis halahs gag erh'ongg w'ssh

10+ Year Old Account
    I still feel that heroics should be difficult to an extent, like the mechanics of the boss cant be ignored. The moment I can go in to TB and not have to CC that purple trog in the second [could be wrong on the #] boss fight then it will be disappointing. I feel like with each Tier of gear they should read the overall gear of the group and buff the mobs/bosses in the 5mans appropriately in heroics , but keep normal at a decent level because you are just trying to get gear in there to to heroics and hopefully raid. I don't think that is possible but I still feel like something needs to be done about it being to easy.

10+ Year Old Account
    If you hit the train tracks you've gone to far.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadowdream View Post
    Heroics are already easy, go in a guild group and see. Once you hit 340 average they then start the trend toward faceroll, once at 346 you never need to use CC again (except on rare trash packs) and once you hit 350+ it's steamroll again.

The difference between Wotlk "Steamroll" and Cata "Steamroll" is that Wotlk was steamrolled HELLA early on, so was Naxx. Cata not so much.

Quote Originally Posted by ericyeahright View Post
    I still feel that heroics should be difficult to an extent, like the mechanics of the boss cant be ignored. The moment I can go in to TB and not have to CC that purple trog in the second [could be wrong on the #] boss fight then it will be disappointing. I feel like with each Tier of gear they should read the overall gear of the group and buff the mobs/bosses in the 5mans appropriately in heroics , but keep normal at a decent level because you are just trying to get gear in there to to heroics and hopefully raid. I don't think that is possible but I still feel like something needs to be done about it being to easy.
    I see what your getting at with the whole scaling of heroics to the groups ilevel but if your doing a heroic in raiding gear your either there to help a buddy or for your daily random, not like your running it back to back. I think it would be really hard to actually have them scale it to the groups total ilevel. They definitely couldn't buff the heroics each tier or new players couldn't run them period.
    Last edited by Xuany; 2011-01-12 at 04:05 AM.

Heroics arent about gearing up, there about teaching you how to play. So your wrong, and i will kick you from my raid after 1 wipe if you fail at interupts, cos you should have learnt how to in heroics. And so where you gonan learn to use your abilties now? You wont learn them in heroics, and you will be kicked from raids instantly for not knowing them.

Only thing they can do is make heroics hard and let everyone access them. Oh wait thats like it is now. Nerfing the heroics will only lead to new players being so much worse then players who been around 1 month longer. ANd therefore will always be behind in the skill curve. And will most likely quit

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Athor View Post
    Heroics arent about gearing up, there about teaching you how to play. So your wrong, and i will kick you from my raid after 1 wipe if you fail at interupts, cos you should have learnt how to in heroics. And so where you gonan learn to use your abilties now? You wont learn them in heroics, and you will be kicked from raids instantly for not knowing them.

Only thing they can do is make heroics hard and let everyone access them. Oh wait thats like it is now. Nerfing the heroics will only lead to new players being so much worse then players who been around 1 month longer. ANd therefore will always be behind in the skill curve. And will most likely quit
    No, these are what normals and leveling is for. If you're in my heroic group, I want you too already know the basic common sense of Pve, I really don't care if your gear is full 333, I just want you to not be retarded. Heroics are for gearing people up, go try and raid with your quest greens and occasional blue and tell me how far knowledge will get you when your healers are ooming, tanks are getting 2 shot and dps can't make the enrage timers.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadowdream View Post

What? I part of me cried when I read this... I heroics with my friends, we are four in total so there is always one dps pugged. Hoewever, even though I as tank have 346 item level, we use all the CC we have because that's how it's done. Doing a heroic without CC'ing is to me, boring, flat out boring.

When I look back at how it was in wrath, I shiver, I hated it. The dungeons got boring from being farmed too much and people got too used to it getting free loot. Pulling even one group of equal leveled elite dungeon heroic mobs without cc'ing takes my mind back to wrath, and bores the heck out of me.

Heroics don't need to be brick-in-your-crotch painfully difficult, but no matter your gear level you should always be required to pay attention and perform rather than go through the motions on cruise control.

Heroics SHOULD be easIER for well-geared raiders.

They SHOULD NOT, at any point, as long as you're of the appropriate character level, be as ridiculously faceroll as they were for ICC geared raiders.

Warchief
    10+ Year Old Account
    If heroics should be easy then raids should be easy. Heroics are meant to set you up for raiding, but that doesnt just mean GEAR wise.

I still haven't managed to actually finish a heroic...

I just don't see what good nerfing Heroics is. If you can't do a simple heroic you have no place in raids.

just keep them as they are now.. they are fine, a bit of brain power will punch you thru
    Wut wut wut in the mud

10+ Year Old Account
    "I'm in full 346 gear and heroics are starting to be a breeze with some common sense and CC."
    Well good, this is how it should be. Blizzard put a cap on possible valor points gained in a week for a reason, so that players don't have to do the heroic daily to get all the possible valor points they need.
    The weekly cap is 1250, each raid boss on 10man will give you 70 valor points, so you need to kill 17-18 raid bosses to cap that without doing heroic dailies, which is currently impossible on this tier as there are only 13 raid bosses, and you hardly will do 12/12 every week.
    Even if you cleared the entire tier 11 content in a week, you still need at least 4 heroic dailies to be near the weekly cap.
    If you happen to be on a 25man guild, you will need 4 less bosses/dailies per week, from 18 to 14.

So dont expect "good players" to be capping valor from "pve raiding" anytime soon.

If you are having trouble doing heroics:
    1) Farm REGULAR DUNGEONS, i know, hard to grasp, but please do, dont cheat your ilvl with fake trinkets or pvp gear, you will probably get a votekick or will hold the group down to the point they all quit from all the wiping. And you get reputation for those 346 gear (revered) and 359 epics (exalted).
    2) Enchant your gear, yea yea its only 333, its only 346, its only 359, i dont care what the item level is, enchant that crap, your dps will easily go up by 2k simply by enchanting all your pieces with a few cheap enchants like 50 haste here and there.
    3) Gem your gear, its even cheaper than enchanting, seriously, gems are going for 10-20g on AH, the common ones, and those will boost your stats by a fair amount.
    Last edited by shadowkras; 2011-01-12 at 06:30 AM.
    People take stupidity to a whole new level when they sit in front of a computer.

www.poepra2.com.br Um blog para quem prefere jogos multiplayer.

Don't forget they'll be bringing out more dungeons in 4.1. I'm hoping the new ones will be a tier ahead of the current ones both loot-wise and difficulty-wise. I.E. they'll expect you to be in 346s and will drop 359s.

Basically, heroics are challenging when you are at the appropriate gear level for them. Once you outgear them, they're easy. This is the way it should be.

sigh ... well you can always remove all your gear and tell the puglings that you are a hard core man :P

Quote Originally Posted by Athor View Post

I SO agree with you.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Irony View Post
    Something that I've seen a lot of bitching about is due to the fact that heroics aren't as hard as people wanted them to be, and they think they'll be complete cakewalks in the next patch. Well, they will and should be. Heroics are meant to get you into the first tier of raiding, and offer a challenge too players of this gear level. In Wrath the issue was that heroics were NEVER challenging, and I think a lot of people are starting already to get into that mindset of the Cata heroics.

You should be Pveing for the raiding content, not 5 mans.
    /end rant.
    Try taking your meds kid, heroics aren't hard, they weren't hard the 2nd reset after people had run normals to gain the gear and LEARN the fights / pulls..! Raids still posses a challenge with some bosses.., you're rant is indicating it should become WotlK style once more, looking at the patch notes Blizz is slowly already going down that patch again with their fucking retarded nerf-hammer despite admitting that exp was a mistake of epic proportions. Some of the class changes they made, makes it look like they're hittin' the crack-pipes HARD!

If this is the result of all the badz, or mentaly disabled as I tend to refer to them, streaming various forums down about how hard n' unfair the game had become.., then fuckin gj Blizz, perhaps once this exp is over you can do yet another post like the one Gc made stating how you in hindsight can see that the changes you made was a mistake.
    It strikes me as very odd that one of your game designers can openly admit that things are perfectly fine as long as people use some common sense n' worked as a group, yet 1 month into this exp n' you're already swingin the nerf-hammer like there's no tomorrow.., so many players have given thoughts about coming back after quitting with WotlK due to the intensity n' challenge of this exp, if their eyes land on today's patch-blue they're probably already starting to forget coming back.

Make your arguments but don't get ridiculous and insulting... ~ Fuzzzie
    Last edited by Fuzzzie; 2011-01-13 at 04:55 PM.

They WILL be easier with 4.0.6, just look at the amount of nerfs they are getting... so sad.