Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Alphamage View Post
    << From Paragon : Al'Akir was a rather merciless boss overall. The difference on this particular boss is absolutely massive in 10-man compared to 25s due to the area scaling. Congratulations to Dream though for getting the world first in 10-man! >>

Grats to Paragon for the kill but that quote is totally pointless. In a few words they claim that Dream got an easy kill but their kill was the best(even if they kill it second) as it was harder. Very childish attitude here by Paragon and they lose some respect here...

Yeah except all it really says is 10 is easier than 25, they didn't have to congratulate any guild for anything IMO
    They even gave a reason why it's easier, keep hating guys keep hating.

Deleted
    The decision to further delay availability of weapons requiring 2200 rating was not made lightly. Currently very few guilds are clearing PvE content that drops weapons of this caliber, which would make rated Battlegrounds and Arenas the primary source for top-tier weapons. We of course don’t want players who are pursuing PvE content to feel as though they must engage in heavy PvP to obtain these weapons in order to be competitive or successful.
    Oh yeah, whenever PVE players can't have the best weapons in game they have to be kept out of reach so they don't feel like having to PVP but whenever it's the reverse, the answer is "LOL GO RAID LOL".

Quote Originally Posted by Miuku View Post
    Oh yeah, whenever PVE players can't have the best weapons in game they have to be kept out of reach so they don't feel like having to PVP but whenever it's the reverse, the answer is "LOL GO RAID LOL".
    And lets blissfully ignore that getting the best weapons in game in PVE is considerably harder than getting them in PVP. If you disagree I'll suggest you a deal:

Firstly, as soon as a boss has ilvl x weapons in his loottable you can also get ilvl x weapons in pvp.

However, it counts the total global number of weapons equipped of both sources (no matter what weapon, only the ilvl counts) from all realms. And if, lets say 25%, or lets be generous: 50% more people have i.e. the PVP weapon equipped noone in the whole game can equip another of the pvp weapons of that max ilvl until enough people have equipped a max ilvl PVE weapon to bring the ration agai below 50%. And vice versa of cource, if too many people have the PVE weapon compared to PVP the same thing happens to PVE people.
    You can still buy (or loot) a max ilvl weapon, but you cannot equip it if the ratios are too screwed up.

So. Equal temporal availability and you will have about the same amount of people running around with weapons from either source. Fair, isn't it?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Psykhe View Post
    And lets blissfully ignore that getting the best weapons in game in PVE is considerably harder than getting them in PVP. If you disagree I'll suggest you a deal
    Yes, fighting scripted bosses is super hard. It's like going to a hockey match every week where the opponent skates in exactly the same way and uses the same tactics, that surely is bloody mind bogglingly hard.

Quote Originally Posted by Shambulanced View Post
    So what you're telling me is, I could spend an hour to make 125g average on archaeology junk.

Kay. Or I could spend 15 minutes herbing/mining, sell those, and make more.

I understand that this is a (small) bone being thrown at the folks grinding archaeology for epics...but come ON. 5g for a solve is just as much a slap in the face as 10s was. Not to mention a slap in the face of history...does Blizzard know what real artifacts go for, relatively, in today's market? Answer--depends on the artifact. But for a vast majority, the bidding would start significantly higher than these prices (were $$ gold pieces...)
    Archeology isn't a money making profession. It's a secondary. The reason they did this is to make it feel less worthless when you've say uncovered both fossil rares, now all you get is crap worth a few silver. Well they made it give a little money in the process. Frankly I'd rather them make it so you just don't get the dig sites of places you've discovered everything anymore instead. But I guess this might give me the slight more encouragement to keep trying for Zinrohk.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm hoping the 200 fragment limit in archaeology, and things like http://db.mmo-champion.com/i/68806/k...aunted-locket/
    may be hinting at more rares showing up in the next patch.
    Stuck on 17 rares atm, and none since the 2nd, 5 canopic jars, no recipes, 230 night elf commons, no doll ..... waves fist at rng !

---------- Post added 2011-01-27 at 01:24 AM ----------

Yes, fighting scripted bosses is super hard. It's like going to a hockey match every week where the opponent skates in exactly the same way and uses the same tactics, that surely is bloody mind bogglingly hard.
    Ha ha, I've also heard that if they spend the whole night wiping on said boss, they still get rewarded and their costs are minimal. How mind bogglingly insane is that ?
    Oh wait ... that's PvP

And thats why everyone, including you and your nine buddies have cleared everything on heroic. Because scripted bosses are easy

I know it was like that since season 1 that we need rating for every gear, but what is the point for 2200 weapons anyway?
    In most games, the term "arena" / "tournament" means both sides have the same conditions, no matter you are 2199- or 2201+.
    Its like giving units +1 damage in warcraft 1/2/3, because that guy has won 10 games in ladder so he can own even more.
    If they really want to give people motivation, they could make a different model for the 2200 amour rather than just recolouring it or just -50dkp for those who dont play arenas.
    (People only care about the glad title anyway)
    Last edited by good diu bro; 2011-01-27 at 03:14 AM.

2.2k weapon delay made me really think that I am in nightmare.

Quote Originally Posted by Theholypally View Post
    Why dont you stop nerfing paladins now and start thinking about ways to make holy mastery useful.
    Get in line behind Resto Shamans.

I'm gonna assume that the nerf of Walk in the Light to 5% is a typo and it's supposed to say BY 5%? In the Blue Post at the end it says it was getting knocked down to 10%

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Ye, the point is that the opponent is so good that you must lose for years (assuming 52 matches per year) before you can finally figue out how to beat him.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadamehr View Post
    Ha ha, I've also heard that if they spend the whole night wiping on said boss, they still get rewarded and their costs are minimal. How mind bogglingly insane is that ?
    Oh wait ... that's PvP
    No it isn't? You need to win both in rated BGs and arenas to earn points to buy these weapons ofc... so not a good/ true comparison

Enough of the fucking bullshit. Paragon has NOT cleared Cata! They need to get their heads out of their asses and finish BWD, because they used a huge exploit to finish it. They have NOT finished, they shoudl NOT be recognized on the front of this site, they have NOT completed cata! See how they haven't gone back to fight the last BWD encounter? Because they can't. Whoever finishes it POST-change and the rest of the content deserves the prestige, and I hope blizz yanks it from Paragon. They're no better than those failures Nihilum.

Quote Originally Posted by Rainei View Post
    Enough of the fucking bullshit. Paragon has NOT cleared Cata! They need to get their heads out of their asses and finish BWD, because they used a huge exploit to finish it. They have NOT finished, they shoudl NOT be recognized on the front of this site, they have NOT completed cata! See how they haven't gone back to fight the last BWD encounter? Because they can't. Whoever finishes it POST-change and the rest of the content deserves the prestige, and I hope blizz yanks it from Paragon. They're no better than those failures Nihilum.
    Wow. Here's something that may help you with that problem of yours.

And if, lets say 25%, or lets be generous: 50% more people have i.e. the PVP weapon equipped noone in the whole game can equip another of the pvp weapons of that max ilvl until enough people have equipped a max ilvl PVE weapon to bring the ration agai below 50%. And vice versa of cource, if too many people have the PVE weapon compared to PVP the same thing happens to PVE people.
    Cool

So that means they should release 2200 agi 272 weapons right? Because I'm fairly sure more ferals have Malevolence heroic on my battlegroup than are at 2200 rating. Unless you believe that PvPers should always be held back behind PvErs in getting their highest ilvl weapons so that PvErs can faceroll burst to catch up.

You know for a fact that if Blizz didn't put these weapons on a bosses loot table or just prevented anyone from doing the bosses until enough people got over 2200 rating there would be widespread outcry and people dropping accounts. Blizz has free reign to shit over PvPers, just not PvErs.