Page 1 of 3
LastLast
    Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account

Kael'thas Sunstrider

Like many people i am a mount freak and one that i obviously crave is the phoenix (Ashes of Al'ar). I was wondering if people have been going back and crushing Kael'thas now that cata is out and how the raid plays out. I would really like to get my guild doing this raid so i'm looking for any advice, such as: "yeah i'm a blood dk and i was able to solo this!"
    "<insert class>, <insert class>, <insert class>, <insert class>, etc...when combined can flow through the raid without breathing"

basically any advice from those who have done the raid post cata is what i'm looking for. TY!

Deleted
    Leave it alone, You spoil the mount's rareness, those that raided in tbc and got it back then earned it.

Getting pissed about all those i want rare mounts people.
    We have so many of those persons that most rare mounts arent rare anymore

As far as I know you really can't solo this. Might've changed due to heroic progression/gearing in cata
    Nothing to see here! Move along! Nothing to see here!

Quote Originally Posted by Koobs View Post
    And DPS means Don't Pull Shit!

Unless you have tremendous time and patience, bring a minimum of 3 people to Tempest Keep. Kael'thas's Mind Control will screw you otherwise. Doesn't really matter what you bring as long as 1-2 people can DPS.

Quote Originally Posted by Octavios View Post
    Leave it alone, You spoil the mount's rareness, those that raided in tbc and got it back then earned it.

I really, really do not understand this mindset.

How does them getting it now lessen, in any way, you having gotten it back then? You got it back then, when it was difficult to do. Nothing changes that fact.

10+ Year Old Account
    MC randomly chooses 4 targets I'm pretty sure.. So plan to bring around 6.
    Lained - 60 Shaman | Lainedtv - 60 Druid | Lainedz - 60 Paladin

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    hmmm with something like a 12% drop rate i'd say the thing is still going to be ubber rare to drop and would probably need more than 25 attempts for me to even see it drop (i bring horrible luck).
    So dust that grumpiness off Octa, even with swollen gear it is more likely that i will never receive the mount!

It's still rare, even if someone goes and start farming it, they may never actually get it.

Holy Priest, Resto Druid, Unholy DK, Prot Warrior.

Was really easy, you just gotta make sure you pick up the weapons still. Suggest the warrior get the dagger and use Sunder Armor on the MC peopled. Sunder won't do massive dmg, and it will break it really easy.
    Friends: Will help you move.
    Best Friends: Will help you move the Bodies

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Moontalon View Post
    I really, really do not understand this mindset.

How does them getting it now lessen, in any way, you having gotten it back then? You got it back then, when it was difficult to do. Nothing changes that fact.
    99% sure he doesn't even have it himself and he's just trolling.

Mage Rogue Resto druid can solo it quite easily. The rogue got the dagger to shiv mindcontrolled people, mage staff, and the druid got the mace just because 50% less damage is pretty good.

Kill the mace first because it does heal other weapons.

Edit: it can't mind control the tank, so as long as the rogue has aggro he can break MCs.

What if you've been farming for it since TBC and you farmed for it through wotlk and now you are still farming for it? Doesn't that only make it even more rare?

"RAWR!!! TBC expansion is over!! If you get anything to show off in a later expansion you just really suck!!" Oh but that's right in TBC it was 1 phoenix mount that 24 other people rolled for. However, I won't deny your God-given right to be a cunt.

Seriously, I'm against using my ignore list...EXCEPT for people with this attitude to anything in this game. It's a game that involves a lot of farming for a lot of stuff that is all just for vanity, in the end. Some people prioritize their in-game time farming other things before thinking about this 1 mount. Rare mount is still rare. Of course this takes right to the whole, "try not giving a fuck". In other words if you want a title or mount or whatever in game. Farm for it you do it for yourself and when people bitch and moan about what a jerk-off you are having done so, shrug it off, because you do indeed, not give a fuck.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Agallochh View Post
    99% sure he doesn't even have it himself and he's just trolling.
    Good job finding that out.

He doesnt deserve the mount when he is able to solo/2 man it.
    thats my opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by Goreatness View Post
    hmmm with something like a 12% drop rate i'd say the thing is still going to be ubber rare to drop and would probably need more than 25 attempts for me to even see it drop (i bring horrible luck).
    So dust that grumpiness off Octa, even with swollen gear it is more likely that i will never receive the mount!
    Actually I think the drop rates are more like .01%. If it was 12% I'd have it.

thats my opinion.
    This just in... Opinions are now trolls when someone doesn't agree with you.

OT: A lot of mounts take farming to get (Argent Mounts, Rep Mounts, Holiday Event Mounts) so who cares if they go into a low level instance and farm it. It would still be an awesome mount to have and it will take months and months to farm imo. TROLL!
    Last edited by Slavko; 2011-01-26 at 09:50 PM.

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Slavko View Post
    Actually I think the drop rates are more like .01%. If it was 12% I'd have it.
    LOL sorry i obviously misread wowhead.

@Octa well then i'll try to 3 man it. if you're ever on greymane you're welcome to come along but i'll be sure that we ninja it from you if you win the roll :P

It has been solo'd by Raegwyn.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=atATvXfxwPU

Took him 5 hours (lol, dedication) but I wouldn't suggest doing it this way unless you have a lot of free time. I can offer some decent advice though, having messed around with duoing it.

Do not duo or trio unless you have crazy high dps, he will mind control everyone but the highest threat give them +100% damage and +1000% healing. I ALMOST pushed him past that phase as a blood DK tanking 3 of my friends, but never could quite get it. You have two alternatives, bring enough people...5+ most of whom can use daggers. Loot the legendary dagger, and hit the MC'd people with it..it can dispel the MC.

Option two, the one I perfer, is bring 3'ish high dps. Pop bloodlust/hero the moment you finish the 4-add phase and burn Sunstrider to his next phase before he casts his first mind control. What exact dps requirements you need I am not certain, but I had 3 dps who sustained 20k give or take during hero+dps cooldowns and he was burned before his first mind control.

Mind his AoE in the last phase, it reduces your max hp by 10% and adds a dot and lasts for 60 freaking seconds. Obviously can't let this stack too high, melee beware. Also his pyroblast hits for 50k'ish non-crit, meaning a good crit can drop 100K+ on you with no resistances. You can interrupt it, but to start with he has an 80k'ish bubble that prevents interrupts. You either need to burn 80k and interrupt before one pyro cast, or use a CD to eat the first one and have the bubble down by the second.

As for his adds, watch out for the engineer he can stack this spamming stun thing on you. Something about a remote control toy, he needs to die quickly or else you all will just be stunned forever. The legendary staff can prevent this, but not if the legendary staff holder is mind controlled. (Hence, bring more than 3 friends :P )

Minus a crit pyro, bad mind controls and the spam stun engineer it's pretty cake.

Edit: Duo or trio is possible with the way mentioned above, as long as the highest threat can wield a dagger he can free the other MC'd people. Rogue seems pretty good for shiv, but I imagine the incoming damage of MC'd people on a rogue is fairly high. I was just the highest threat, and being a dk...unable to use daggers. Go me.
    Last edited by Museigen; 2011-01-26 at 09:54 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Goreatness View Post
    LOL sorry i obviously misread wowhead.

@Octa well then i'll try to 3 man it. if you're ever on greymane you're welcome to come along but i'll be sure that we ninja it from you if you win the roll :P
    Well, Im getting pissed of all the different dragons blizz puts in the game, so it isn't even a bad thing if u get it.
    I just dont want everyone farming it.
    Takes away the epicness.

10+ Year Old Account

thats my opinion.

You not linking your armory to prove it says enough.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Agallochh View Post
    You not linking your armory to prove it says enough.
    true, sorry, had a bad day

Raegwyn solo'd it in beta. I wonder if it can still be done on live.