Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gohzerlock View Post
    I will also quit being a warlock unless I don't get a shield that stops people from damaging me... cuz being hit sux"
    Hey, we have that too! Poor voidwalkers.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by dirtyhabits View Post
    LMAO @ OP

lucky for you , you never played before 2008. Another lock QQ that has no idea what it was like to play at start
    Untill warlock got deathcoil and the lot of other changes that patch. Have any idea what it was like to meet a lock in battleground then?

10+ Year Old Account
    I only notice it in PvP and solo (read daily questing).

It is an ass, but then I actually have to use Soul Harvest from time to time.

Gone are the days of pulling a stupid number of mobs and surviving through FA heals.

Man I destroy so much face it feels like it's cheating. In PvE I am nearly always the last DPS to drop before a wipe, my healers always bark at me that I'm out of range in Atramedes etc and I'm like "So? I'll heal myself if I get in trouble."

Even in PvP, the only thing I really have to worry about is MASSIVE burst damage, and that would kill me even without the static regen.

Meh.

Quote Originally Posted by dirtyhabits View Post
    LMAO @ OP

lucky for you , you never played before 2008. Another lock QQ that has no idea what it was like to play at start

But you could one shot anyone with a 10k shadow bolt crit!

10+ Year Old Account
    on a chair staring at a screen somewhere in Europe
    Quote Originally Posted by tilatequila View Post
    Later warlocks i cant do it anymore..
    sounds like a lot of boohoo to me.
    a real warlock keeps corrupting even in his underwear, do the community a favor and reroll

<I used to be a poster like you, but then I took an infraction to the knee>

I play warlock and completely disagree with the OP.
    The lack of passive healing is not something to warrant being worried over. In PvP and PvE.

Quote Originally Posted by Puzzlebox View Post
    Soul harvest heals you quicker than fel armor ever did...

You are a lazy brat.
    Please...tell me you're joking?

OT: Yes you don't get healed as much through Fel Armor but as affliction (esp. if you use DL filler) there isn't a huge difference in survivability that I've noticed (at least in PvE.)

And nothing of value was lost. Have fun trying to find a decent guild as a fotm raider.

I'm still hoping this change will be reverted in some way. The class homogenization we're being handed is a load of crap, I don't play my spriest because I prefer my warlock. It seems like lately, however, blizz has been handing them everything, and I mean EVERYTHING we have. What's worse is they're good at it. They can dot, they can boom boom mage pow, they can shield, they can life tap, they can change form, they can VE, hell the last two they got looooong before us. Explain to me why I'm still playing my lock again?
    Quote Originally Posted by Damntastic View Post
    wotlk champs wants to run through instances like fucking mario

Quote Originally Posted by Gohzerlock View Post
    Quit crying we have soul harvest, you're complaining to much about doing nothing and getting nothing in return. I'm a lock 2 and while there are some things that are unfair that blizz has done you play a lock because it's what you have fun doing right? Or did you roll as a flavor class?

You're saying being able to soulharvest out of combat for 18k a tic, drain life, healthstone, get heals while doing damage, death coil and get life from haunt isn't enough? While being a pure dps class? Next thing we'll see you post is "not only should I be able to sit there like a tard and get free heals I will also quit being a warlock unless I don't get a shield that stops people from damaging me... cuz being hit sux"
    This point is invalid. Soul Harvest works great out of combat. Woohoo....
    So? It's by no means as bad as the OP suggested but I'm tired of seeing this "You have soul harvest LOL QQ MOAR"

And so all you warlocks can stop QQing you can see the in combat change...

Pre-nerf Fel Armor gave 2% max HP every 5 seconds. (http://old.wowhead.com/spell=28176)
    eg. Warlock has 120k HP. 120k*.02= 2.4k HP every 5 seconds which is only 480 HPS not substantial.

Curent Fel Armor gives 3% damage as healing. (http://www.wowhead.com/spell=28176)
    eg. warlock doing 16k DPS
    16k*.03=480 HPS

Notice anything? Anything that is at least 16k DPS will provide the same HPS that you had before. Anything over, and you're getting more HPS then before. For a PvE warlock this is hardly substantial. The only difference you may notice is when AoEing you aren't getting heals from damage because only single target counts.

So, unless my maths are wrong, this really isn't a nerf to our health regeneration.

The change might not have been a "nerf" to us in regards to pvp/pve, but it is a fun suck. Playing a Warlock became a bit more tedious due to this change. And before you bash me for QQing about having to do a little extra work, I'd like to remind you that WoW is a game, not a job. I don't come here to do extra work, I come here to enjoy myself. This change is just a suck on that enjoyment for me as every time I have to soul harvest for health I am reminded of how things were and wonder what happened.

---------- Post added 2011-03-07 at 11:33 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowspawn115 View Post
    This point is invalid. Soul Harvest works great out of combat. Woohoo....
    So? It's by no means as bad as the OP suggested but I'm tired of seeing this "You have soul harvest LOL QQ MOAR"

And so all you warlocks can stop QQing you can see the in combat change...

Pre-nerf Fel Armor gave 2% max HP every 5 seconds. (http://old.wowhead.com/spell=28176)
    eg. Warlock has 120k HP. 120k*.02= 2.4k HP every 5 seconds which is only 480 HPS not substantial.

Curent Fel Armor gives 3% damage as healing. (http://www.wowhead.com/spell=28176)
    eg. warlock doing 16k DPS
    16k*.03=480 HPS

Notice anything? Anything that is at least 16k DPS will provide the same HPS that you had before. Anything over, and you're getting more HPS then before. For a PvE warlock this is hardly substantial. The only difference you may notice is when AoEing you aren't getting heals from damage because only single target counts.

So, unless my maths are wrong, this really isn't a nerf to our health regeneration.
    I'm doubting this change was made w/ PvE mechanics in mind. Something inside me just doesn't buy that load of bull.

who the fuck is talking about its effects in pve, its never been a need in there. the problem is it completely ruined destro/demo pvp. again, completely.
    read again -> PVP
    Estás usando este software de traducción de forma incorrecta. Por favor, consulta el manual.

I really don't think it did that much difference in PvP, to be honest. Demon Armor was always extremely useful in PvP. Passive regen really doesn't help that much if you're being focused/bursted, and if you're not being focused warlocks of all stripes have plenty of ways to gain health back.

Deleted
    I wasn't liking the change to Fel Armor either, you did notice that your healt was lacking compared to the old version.
    But now we're raiding heroics and i don't even use Life tap anymore (My succubus is giving me all the mana i need)
    Sure it's semi-annoying soloing, but just take 9 seconds to Soul Harvest with enough haste it even does 4 ticks of healing.

So stop your crying and deal with the change since it doesn't even change the way warlocks play apart form the very very occasional 9 second downtime. And i'd happily take Soul harvest for the heroic instance Tap - harvest after a pack of mobs over the passive selfheal.

Quote Originally Posted by grimdok View Post
    I really don't think it did that much difference in PvP, to be honest. Demon Armor was always extremely useful in PvP. Passive regen really doesn't help that much if you're being focused/bursted, and if you're not being focused warlocks of all stripes have plenty of ways to gain health back.
    That's because you play affliction and have siphon life and dots on every target keeping you up. Other specs aren't so lucky as to have instant cast pseudo passive regen like that. Soloing you still won't be able to outheal the single mob attacking you without switching to Drain Life and even then it's iffy depending on spellpower n such.

Deleted
    the only thing that come to my mind is:

Job well done sir, 10/10

Also, mods are kinda slow on locking this <.<

Quote Originally Posted by Darkaholic View Post
    So stop your crying and deal with the change since it doesn't even change the way warlocks play apart form the very very occasional 9 second downtime. And i'd happily take Soul harvest for the heroic instance Tap - harvest after a pack of mobs over the passive selfheal.
    you dont like to read do you? there isnt only pve in wow, theres a thing called pvp, and there it doesnt work like -> kill a player -> life tap + soul harvest -> kill another player -> life tap + soul harvest. these so called players will run after you, unlike dungeons trash packs, and wont let you get out of combat to heal all of your hp.
    Estás usando este software de traducción de forma incorrecta. Por favor, consulta el manual.

Deleted
    It's either the Fel Armor nerf or the dots that tick for so little, I'd like both to get revamped.
    Last edited by mmoc19e5bc2609; 2011-03-07 at 05:55 PM.