Centurylink symmetrical gigabit. I bypassed their plastic piece of crap box and configured my Ubiquity Edgerouter POE using vlan tagging. From there I have a Cisco managed switch distributed via Cat6 to my house. Wireless speeds are a solid 160mbps through a Unifi AC Pro access point.
    Last edited by lloose; 2018-01-01 at 05:09 AM.
    :::: AMD Ryzen 7 7800x3d w/ NZXT Kraken Elite 240
    :::: MSI Meg X670E Tomahawk
    :::: 32gb G.Skill Trident Z5 6000mt/s CL36 DDR5
    :::: Samsung 512gb 960 PRO m.2 nvme ssd (OS), Samsung 1TB 950 EVO ssd
    :::: Nvidia RTX 3090 Founders Edition
    :::: Windows 11 Pro

HFC NBN Australia :

Challenge Mode : Play WoW like my disability has me play:
    You will need two people, Brian MUST use the mouse for movement/looking and John MUST use the keyboard for casting, attacking, healing etc.
    Briand and John share the same goal, same intentions - but they can't talk to each other, however they can react to each other's in game activities.
    Now see how far Brian and John get in WoW.

10+ Year Old Account

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by schwarzkopf View Post
    HFC NBN Australia :

Your upload is amazing compared to your download. You should be a youtuber.

5+ Year Old Account
    Can higher ping affect your game play? Mine is 58 ms. And how you guys got such high upload speed mine is just 8 mbps, with download speed 58 mbps.

Quote Originally Posted by Chickat View Post
    Your upload is amazing compared to your download. You should be a youtuber.
    I suspect I'd make a poor youtuber ... people don't like reality shoved down their throat

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Cloudmaker View Post
    Can higher ping affect your game play?
    Indeed, after jitter - higher ping is the biggest influence in online game play.

Challenge Mode : Play WoW like my disability has me play:
    You will need two people, Brian MUST use the mouse for movement/looking and John MUST use the keyboard for casting, attacking, healing etc.
    Briand and John share the same goal, same intentions - but they can't talk to each other, however they can react to each other's in game activities.
    Now see how far Brian and John get in WoW.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cloudmaker View Post
    Can higher ping affect your game play? Mine is 58 ms. And how you guys got such high upload speed mine is just 8 mbps, with download speed 58 mbps.
    Short answer: Yes

Long answer: Yes, but 58 is not high. Ping refers to the time it takes for data to reach their servers and vice versa, and high ping (200+) would start to result in gameplay latency issues, such as instant cast spells taking 1-2 seconds to occur, etc. But 58 is what most would consider an ideal latency.

Check out the directors cut of my project SCHISM, a festival winning short film
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DiHNTS-vyHE

10+ Year Old Account

for just 6€

just got at&t fiber, ookla speed test at 4ms said i was getting about 947mb down and up

10+ Year Old Account
    I live in the US so I'm not going to embarrass myself

75$ CAD a month in Toronto. Like always terrible upload speeds in Canada but not that I need it anyways. Download is usually higher but a bunch of people using the net rn.

Deleted
    I can't post images yet, but I have 8mbps download and 0.6mbps upload.

Literally didn't even know that people could get the sort of speeds some of you guys are getting.

UK speeds are ok ( when it works properly ) but wish it was better lol

Quote Originally Posted by Isoz View Post

UK speeds are ok ( when it works properly ) but wish it was better lol
    Yeah, but look at your absolutely amazing ping

10+ Year Old Account

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Synthaxx View Post
    The UK is a mesh of speeds. Even 2 streets can make a difference, especially if you're on an area built before the 1960's where they loop tends to go in an 'S' shape around the streets. Having been at the end of a line, I can only say that it's frustrating to have to deal not only with your own line noise, but that of everyone else before you on top of the extra distance your line is travelling.

The UK Govt. keep pledging increasing speeds and the infrastructure is growing quickly, but there's still going to be many areas, even suburban streets, that will suffer because of a 'lack of demand', which realistically is just a lack of resources to cover all the areas in the timeframe they're setting.
    To be fair seeing as I live in the middle of nowhere I'm lucky to even get broadband. There are some people just a few miles away from me who still can't!

Waste not, want not.

10+ Year Old Account

currently at work, at home same downloadspeed or a bit more and 40mbit upload

This is still on cable and not fiber, I wish Comcast werent so stingy with upload.

Usually sit closer to 300/300 here but it's 255/290 right now with 4ms ping. Local fiber company and we're in the area they first built 10 years ago. If we were elsewhere they are doing high 900s now. $75/month. Much better than comcast around here. Hopefully they can grow some more.