Quote Originally Posted by llDemonll View Post
    I found reading the wiki articles after each episode helped immensely in clearing a few things up
    Or buy a copy of the first book, it has an 80 page appendix detailing each of the houses and their relationships with one another.

15+ Year Old Account
    The HBOZ marathon, that has technically been going on all weekend, is restarting now with episode one of this season running up to the season finale.

10+ Year Old Account
    I can't wait for the last scene. Uuuuuuhoooooo. Uuuuuuuuuhooooooooo. Uuuuuuuuuuuuhooooooooooooooo. (A Storm of Swords prologue) At least that's my guess.

It's gonna be a nice cliffhanger. And then another long offseason. /sigh
    Last edited by Trollsbane; 2012-06-03 at 04:19 PM.

My SWTOR guild: www.radguild.com
    USA West Coast PvP server: The Bastion
    Get your Game of Thrones on at Winteriscoming.net

Given that the season 2 teasers had three horn blasts in the background I think its fair to assume that that's the way the season will end.

15+ Year Old Account
    Been watching season 2 all day. So many people bitched about pacing and how "nothing happened" in a couple episodes, but taken as a whole the pacing is pretty great. I didn't realize they changed actors for the Mountain. The guy from last season seemed much more sinister or at the very least much more enormous. Hope Arsten shows up tonight.

10+ Year Old Account
    Conan Stevens (The Mountain from season 1) left the show and will be in the Hobbit. Many people are upset with him for using GoT as a launch pad, but meh. Everyone needs to eat. But he WAS the mountain through and through. This new guy can't convince me after seeing Conan play the part last season.

15+ Year Old Account
    So...

That was just fucking super through and through. White Walkers creepy yo

15+ Year Old Account
    Winter came. :3

10+ Year Old Account
    Awesome episode. Pretty sad with Daenarys' part in the House. But that last scene was epic imo. Samwell's face when seeing the whitewalkers was awesome. I'm pretty interested what this whitewalker army is going to do next season. Only sad part is that no GoT for a year :/
    Black Lives Matter

10+ Year Old Account
    I didn't like it tbh. That's the first time I've ever felt down about an episode. So much cool story gone to the wind.

Quote Originally Posted by Trollsbane View Post
    I didn't like it tbh. That's the first time I've ever felt down about an episode. So much cool story gone to the wind.
    What makes you say that? I'm just curious, since I didn't get that feeling, though I've read the books.

10+ Year Old Account
    DO NOT READ THIS IF YOU HAVEN'T SEEN THIS EPISODE YET!!!!!!!! =)

Quote Originally Posted by wynnyelle View Post
    What makes you say that? I'm just curious, since I didn't get that feeling, though I've read the books.
    I love the series, I really do. I’m ok with most changes and do believe they’re mostly needed for the television medium to work.

They pumped up the House of the Undying for about a month. And that was just shameful. What happened? She saw a broken hall where winter had come and nearly touched the Iron Throne. She saw Drogo. Yes, Drogo is awesome, but why? Really? Why was that there other than to show it’s mystical and an illusion. We already knew that before she entered. Then dracarys. Cool, though I wasn’t a fan of the look of the flames, but that’s just a nitpicky thing and has no bearing on my reaction. What about EVERYTHING else she should have seen? Is that not key to her already boring character?

Theon got to make a speech and get hit on the head. Oh exciting. =/

Tyrion’s scene with Varys and Shae was good.

Sansa and Joff’s scene was good.

Winterfell Stark’s scenes were good.

The wedding and way Rob was treating Cat were not good. I felt nothing but an urge to hit him.

Brienne and Jamie, well, if you screw that up… lol It was good.

The Half-hand and Jon fight was ok, but not nearly enough was done with hushed dialogue to really nail it home that Jon was doing it by the half-hands command. It was like one statement last episode about how useful it would be to have a brother in their ranks, and that was it. And Ghost, oh Ghost, where art thou?

I knew the season would end with 3 horns, and that was awesome. I won’t lie, I’m not a fan of the total zombie look of the wights, but no biggie. Capitalize on Walking Dead’s popularity if you can.

Overall, I am just not pleased with a few minor changes that make things not nearly as cool as the books. The House of the Undying should have been SO much more. All of my non-reader friends have been talking about it since it was first brought up. Perhaps they’ll see it differently as me, but it was the biggest letdown of the series for me thus far.

I dunno. I’m not a purist, but there are times that I wish they’d stop straying and keep major parts of the story intact and actually told, instead of pretending they never happened.

15+ Year Old Account
    It's alot to wrap up to keep us content with their stories till next year, both for readers and non-readers. It's easy to be disappointing given the time frame they had (they had an extra 5ish minutes for the finalie if anyone noticed it), especially since the cast will only get bigger.

Thought it ended well, but could have had an extra 10-15mins to fill the ends out a bit more.

Pulling off the House of the Undying as it's supposed to be would mean seriously cutting into the Blackwater budget.

10+ Year Old Account
    Whoa! Loved it! I'm only 1/3 of the way through the first book so I don't know what all has been cut/changed (skipped most of the comments out of fear of book spoilers), but this season definitely felt like they cut stuff out. I'm glad I didn't read the books first because now when I go back and read it, it's going to feel like deleted scenes sort of. Can expand on the stuff that seemed rather fuzzy or rushed in the tv series.

Loved the season, though. I feel bad for the Starks, they keep getting pissed on. Ending was uber creepy.
    Last edited by Bavol; 2012-06-04 at 04:40 AM.

I have an extremely strong feeling that Syrio Forel is alive after watching this episode. Not only that, but he may have been a faceless man. H'gar and Forel were both from Bravos and both helped Arya tremendously.. also there would be no real point in bringing up such a minor role now if he had died. Seems far too circumstantial. Maybe Forel is posing as one of the men inside Kings Landing itself waiting to strike?

10+ Year Old Account
    I teared up a bit when Drogo showed up. It got really dusty all of a sudden.
    Princesses can kill knights to rescue dragons.

Once I learned how fast they were pacing the show, I immediately lost interest. I'm not quite sure what they plan to do, but with season 2 happening so quickly, they'll have to drag the show out for nearly ten years at Martin's current pacing. (He's had a couple 5 year gaps in book releases and I expect a 2-3 year gap, upwards of 5, for book 6 and another long gap for 7. He's been telling the story for almost two decades, now, and only released 5 books)

It sounds to me in 2 seasons they've covered a lot of ground (beyond a single book) and that makes me wonder for the future of the show, and the future of the series in general if the TV show starts putting pressure on GRRM to pick up the pace, so to speak.

Quote Originally Posted by Aerodynamic View Post
    I have an extremely strong feeling that Syrio Forel is alive after watching this episode. Not only that, but he may have been a faceless man. H'gar and Forel were both from Bravos and both helped Arya tremendously.. also there would be no real point in bringing up such a minor role now if he had died. Seems far too circumstantial. Maybe Forel is posing as one of the men inside Kings Landing itself waiting to strike?
    Syrio was in all likelihood a Faceless Man. "There is only one God, and his name is Death." That's Faceless Man talk right there. That's what they do.

----

Anyway, I thought the episode was fine. I knew the House of the Undying would be a disappointment only because the way its described in the book would be really difficult to do. But its really lame that we didn't get to see the house with the red door and Rhaegar and all that.

Zombie-looking Wights is alright, but I was expecting the White Walkers to look a little more frightening. The White Walkers that we saw at the very beginning of Season 1 were much more intimidating.

Super stoked for Season 3 because I went into Season 2 knowing that it would be slower. If they cut Book 3 where I think they'll cut book 3 then Season 3 will be fucking awesome. Also the news we've been getting regarding casted characters for Season 3 makes me think they might try to follow the books more closely after the backlash they've received from this season.

PS- dear Ros, please stop taking up screentime.
    Last edited by Tore; 2012-06-04 at 06:40 AM.