10+ Year Old Account
    Question -- around what level is it best to get a house? I'm almost level 30 in the beta -- I already have the small farm, but struggling to gather the resources for the 15 GS cottage. Is it best just to keep grinding levels?

"History does not allow freedom to be defended by the weak and the timid." -- Dwight D. Eisenhower, 1953

Deleted
    Well, I gave up trying to install the game anyway since it should be just plug n play like all other games but for some reason this game wouldn't. I will just wait until launch (open beta) and see if they managed it better with glyph or whatev the problem is. So I can't give feedback on LP, which I hope I could do... you can't really give trustworthy feedback on something you haven't tried. I hope the rest of you that tried lift your voices on official forums.
    It would be a shame if Trion wants to change it but get hold back by Korean company, since I can imagine that this isn't Trion cup of tea. I noticed Defiance is f2p now as well, does it have a healthy model like Rift?

Anyway, LP is silly because it seems like most things you can do in game require it, and the big part of the game is to play it how you like and not be forced questing. Farming and building and such is what makes the world alive, not people running side by side doing same quests. I don't mind paying a little to unlock AH, to secure my own farm spot.. such restrictions makes sense, and mounts and cosmetics and yea you know. But I think LP the way it is, as in it also restricts paying players, is just silly. Tbh, I wouldn't mind complete LP removal and instead add cooldowns or whatev to best things to craft and subscribers can get reduced cooldown. There are many workarounds to still be able to control economy and to get people to pay.
    It will be interesting to see what happens, and... gamebreaking, if you can install the game that is :P

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tea View Post
    Well, I gave up trying to install the game anyway since it should be just plug n play like all other games but for some reason this game wouldn't. I will just wait until launch (open beta) and see if they managed it better with glyph or whatev the problem is. So I can't give feedback on LP, which I hope I could do... you can't really give trustworthy feedback on something you haven't tried. I hope the rest of you that tried lift your voices on official forums.
    It would be a shame if Trion wants to change it but get hold back by Korean company, since I can imagine that this isn't Trion cup of tea. I noticed Defiance is f2p now as well, does it have a healthy model like Rift?

Anyway, LP is silly because it seems like most things you can do in game require it, and the big part of the game is to play it how you like and not be forced questing. Farming and building and such is what makes the world alive, not people running side by side doing same quests. I don't mind paying a little to unlock AH, to secure my own farm spot.. such restrictions makes sense, and mounts and cosmetics and yea you know. But I think LP the way it is, as in it also restricts paying players, is just silly. Tbh, I wouldn't mind complete LP removal and instead add cooldowns or whatev to best things to craft and subscribers can get reduced cooldown. There are many workarounds to still be able to control economy and to get people to pay.
    It will be interesting to see what happens, and... gamebreaking, if you can install the game that is :P

I doubt I'll be playing this game at all I'm just bored of MMO's and everything they entail but that's a different subject.

You're the only person I've heard of that couldn't install the game. I've read of people disliking glyph or it's reasoning for having it but yeah your definitely in a minority of people who can't even install it all. Using default settings works fine but if you're trying to do some sort of a custom install I can see issues. I installed my version on another drive then C:\ Did you check the beta forums for others with this scenario?

Quote Originally Posted by Cynon View Post
    Question -- around what level is it best to get a house? I'm almost level 30 in the beta -- I already have the small farm, but struggling to gather the resources for the 15 GS cottage. Is it best just to keep grinding levels?
    A house is pretty pointless to be honest, unlike you really like the decorating and stuff, and if you only have the small farm you should focus on getting a large farm as soon as possible, you can cross the ocean pretty safely on a donkey.

Deleted
    Could someone explain what's with this labour point limitation and how it works? Haven't kept a focus on this game as I don't want to spoil myself, as I want to play it, but I'd like to know what this is (if it was explained before, could you indicate thread page where it was?). Thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by Ighox View Post
    A house is pretty pointless to be honest, unlike you really like the decorating and stuff, and if you only have the small farm you should focus on getting a large farm as soon as possible, you can cross the ocean pretty safely on a donkey.
    You can cross the ocean on a donkey? o.O

Quote Originally Posted by Snowraven View Post
    Could someone explain what's with this labour point limitation and how it works? Haven't kept a focus on this game as I don't want to spoil myself, as I want to play it, but I'd like to know what this is (if it was explained before, could you indicate thread page where it was?). Thank you.
    You have a labor point cap of 5k, crafting/gathering costs labor points.
    Labor points regenerates over time, for f2p players it only regenerates while online and at a slower rate than patrons.
    This means you're limited by them, if you want to gather for 10 hours a day you simply can't because of the labor points.

Personally I don't think it's as big of a deal as some people are making it out to be, it's just most noticable in the beginning while your cap is at ~1k, and that's what most people in the beta right now are experiencing so naturally there's a huge wave of complaints about it.

You can cross the ocean on a donkey? o.O
    The donkey can swim!
    And while swimming on a donkey you can submerge yourself more than if you're swimming, so it's really hard to spot someone on a donkey-submarine.

identifying items (including the money bags that everything drops) costs labor points as well. Each one of those bags costs 1 labor point at the start, as you gain levels the bags start to cost more labor points. when you get an unidentified item it costs you 5 labor points. Crafting an item costs 100 labor points (I'm sure the higher level stuff costs more), mining ore costs you 10 labor points. you gain 5 labor points every 15 minutes (not sure on the actual time) or so of actual play (or just log on and keep your character logged in). So say you want to craft some boots, it would take you a few hours of game time in order to craft those boots. Want to craft a whole set? forget about it. However, there are labor point refreshers in the cash shop.

anyway, I get that they have to monetize the game. but there surely is a better way to do it.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Azuri View Post
    I doubt I'll be playing this game at all I'm just bored of MMO's and everything they entail but that's a different subject.

You're the only person I've heard of that couldn't install the game. I've read of people disliking glyph or it's reasoning for having it but yeah your definitely in a minority of people who can't even install it all. Using default settings works fine but if you're trying to do some sort of a custom install I can see issues. I installed my version on another drive then C:\ Did you check the beta forums for others with this scenario?
    It has flaws, even if they improved LP life?

Well, on forum it seems like there were a bit more having installation problem but I don't know the story behind their problems, they might have crappy computers or whatev :P However, first install I tried D: drive and it didnt work and I read that there was some problems with it and eventually I thought ok, it's fine being beta and all... something fixable later. So I just did it the good old way and installed on C: drives just following everything but I got error message after error message. I followed most of the tips on forum, got new error messages and I didn't want to experiment too much with my computer because tbh no other game installation has ever needed it. After trying reinstalling and following tips from time to time for two days (not all day long but quite some tries) I decided to give up. What else can you do really?=)

Warchief
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Doozerjun View Post
    identifying items (including the money bags that everything drops) costs labor points as well. Each one of those bags costs 1 labor point at the start, as you gain levels the bags start to cost more labor points. when you get an unidentified item it costs you 5 labor points. Crafting an item costs 100 labor points (I'm sure the higher level stuff costs more), mining ore costs you 10 labor points. you gain 5 labor points every 15 minutes (not sure on the actual time) or so of actual play (or just log on and keep your character logged in). So say you want to craft some boots, it would take you a few hours of game time in order to craft those boots. Want to craft a whole set? forget about it. However, there are labor point refreshers in the cash shop.

anyway, I get that they have to monetize the game. but there surely is a better way to do it.
    It's 5 every 5. 10 per 5 if you are subbed and 5 per 5 while offline if subbed.
    It isn't as bad as some people make it out to be (just played the weekend as a non-sub) but it is limiting. But it most suredly is designed to be. Especially when they are adding the ability to use in-game money for sub and there's no box price like there would be with another MMO.

They already said they'll remove LP cost for identifying items. But yeah, LP is limiting and it was designed like so. The game is a freemium, there's no denying this. You can play the themepark for free, but for serious sandboxing you'll have to get patron.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    edit: Ugh, still no borderless windowed mode? Get on that shit, I can't stand this windowed nonsense. This is a PC game being released in the year 2014. Unacceptable.
    Not really 2014, considering it was released in Korea quite some time ago.
    "Loss of blood... My only weakness!"
    ~ Warlord Khan, Magicka

Anyway, if you don't already see where I'm going with this, allow me to spell it out: the only meaningful MMORPG "endgame" -- i.e., something novel to do after the progression process is over -- is that of the sandbox.

Deleted
    [QUOTE=Ighox;28956273]You have a labor point cap of 5k, crafting/gathering costs labor points.
    Labor points regenerates over time, for f2p players it only regenerates while online and at a slower rate than patrons.
    This means you're limited by them, if you want to gather for 10 hours a day you simply can't because of the labor points.

Personally I don't think it's as big of a deal as some people are making it out to be, it's just most noticable in the beginning while your cap is at ~1k, and that's what most people in the beta right now are experiencing so naturally there's a huge wave of complaints about it.[quote]
    Ok, thank you both for explaining!

The donkey can swim!
    And while swimming on a donkey you can submerge yourself more than if you're swimming, so it's really hard to spot someone on a donkey-submarine.
    Donkey-submarine... now that's something I never thought I'd hear about.

Quote Originally Posted by Grable View Post
    Not really 2014, considering it was released in Korea quite some time ago.
    I count the US release as it's own version as it is seeing various changes/updates from the Korean one. But if you want to get specific to the Korean release, "This is a PC game released in the year 2013. Unacceptable."

I know I'm in the minority in this thread but I don't mind the labor system at all or the restrictions on F2P. They are going to be removing the labor required to identify quest rewards which is a good change as well.

Labor is only an issue early when people are trying to rush and do everything. F2P players once the quest items are fixed can roll through the PvE and quest content and see the entire game. If you want to farm/craft as a free player it is going to be more difficult and take alot more time, which I think is perfectly fair.

Once they introduce Apex you can buy your patron status with in game funds as well.

1 month of being a subscriber is probably all you will need if they release Apex that early. The amount of wealth you can accumulate in the game in just a week of playing is crazy.

Its not the best F2P mechanism/system but it surely isn't remotely close to the worst.

Coming from someone that's probably going to subscribe anyway, I think F2P accounts should have some LP regen while offline. I mean, not having that does nothing to stop the inflation. Botters don't care if they don't have offline LP regen, they are online 24/7 anyway. At the same time the F2P users are getting pretty much screwed. They could have like 1 LP per 5/10 minutes. At the same time the LP needed to farm could be increased and LP needed to craft could be reduced - again, botters don't craft, they just farm, so this screws them up even more.

Sounds logical to me, but then again, I guess if this was actually a better solution, the devs would have figured it out themselves.
    Quote Originally Posted by Maxos View Post
    When you play the game of MMOs, you win or you go f2p.

Quote Originally Posted by Airlick View Post
    Coming from someone that's probably going to subscribe anyway, I think F2P accounts should have some LP regen while offline. I mean, not having that does nothing to stop the inflation. Botters don't care if they don't have offline LP regen, they are online 24/7 anyway. At the same time the F2P users are getting pretty much screwed. They could have like 1 LP per 5/10 minutes. At the same time the LP needed to farm could be increased and LP needed to craft could be reduced - again, botters don't craft, they just farm, so this screws them up even more.

Sounds logical to me, but then again, I guess if this was actually a better solution, the devs would have figured it out themselves.
    The worst enemy of systems which log you out for being AFK while farming LP.

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    The worst enemy of systems which log you out for being AFK while farming LP.
    LOL

Yeah, but not everyone can or wants to let their PC run 24/7 just so they can farm LP. I for one always turn it off for the night, even though it's very quiet, I still can't sleep when it's on, and that's my only machine, so running the game on another in a different room is not an option.

Quote Originally Posted by jearle View Post
    Labor is only an issue early when people are trying to rush and do everything. F2P players once the quest items are fixed can roll through the PvE and quest content and see the entire game. If you want to farm/craft as a free player it is going to be more difficult and take alot more time, which I think is perfectly fair.
    This was really the main change I was hoping for for f2p. I wanted to be able to play normally, like leveling and quests, without feeling like I needed to be a patron to get a feel for the game. I don't have a problem subbing if I feel like I've gotten my time's worth after I've played for a bit.

I messed around on beta and its pretty fun. Dont wanna play too much or I will burn myself out. Really cant wait to try out all the different class combos but im sure there will always be the OP combos. On a side note I was looking through the directory of guilds trying to find a nice hardcore PvP guild. Guilds are calling themselves "Hardcore PvP" and they are listing all these years of experience in other games but not once have I seen Ultima Online or even Dark Age of Camelot in their list of games. How can you be hardcore PvPers if you only played carebear games? I found that pretty funny.

10+ Year Old Account

Suffering withdrawal symptoms already from the weekend just passed? got the tremors and shakes?

Fear not, Closed Beta Event 4 is just a few days away already

Wow, they are working fast. I guess they really want to launch in 2014.