10+ Year Old Account
    Sucks that the season is over, but its a much better finish than if that late goal had stood up, and I told ya Carter & Keith would get it sorted at the handshake. It was good to see Richards make it back and play well, its a pity Quick was such a mess in this series or it would've gone the 7 games it ought to have.

Time to jump over to the Boston bandwagon, at least my favorite eastern conference team is in, so I will still enjoy keeping up with the finals.

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    Yayyyyyyyyyy

15+ Year Old Account
    Fireworks are lighting up the sky by my house!!! What an amazing GWG by HATRICK KANE!!!

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Despite the length, both conf finals were entertaining to me.

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    I'll say Hawks in 6.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Juno86 View Post
    Chicago vs Boston - Boston in 6.

Rask is just playing to good right now.
    Ya thats what they said about Quick...

Quote Originally Posted by Juno86 View Post
    Chicago vs Boston - Boston in 6.

Rask is just playing to good right now.
    Ill be rooting for Chicago here, but I agree with your prediction and reasoning.

---------- Post added 2013-06-09 at 12:56 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Garbles View Post
    Rask has been playing this year like quick last year and Thomas the year before; he's the goalie who got hot at the right time.

10+ Year Old Account
    compare Rask's performance to the previous goalies that had faced the Penguins, Anderson was spectacular during the season but allowed 4 goals a game just like Nabokov before him while Rask gave up 2 goals in 4 games

that said, Rask, Quick, and Crawford are 1-2-3 in save % and GAA, there's a reason they were the last 3 standing, so I can't really say either team has an advantage in net ...well I could say Boston has an advantage but its a small one, not enough to tip the series on its own

Boston in 6, can't wait for weds... Better hope the hawks dont poke the bear......

oh on another note, my friend went to the red sox game today with his broom and stopped a couple on the sidewalk and was like "Hold on!, Lemme sweep that penquin up real quick ;P"

Last edited by kilj; 2013-06-09 at 05:20 AM.

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Greeney View Post
    Rask has been playing this year like quick last year and Thomas the year before; he's the goalie who got hot at the right time.
    I mean before tonight's game Crawford still had a better GAA than Rask in the playoffs. It's really the Pittsburgh series where everybody started noticing any paying attention, he hasn't been nearly as dominant in terms of the entire playoffs as Quick was last year.
    Last edited by Stommped; 2013-06-09 at 05:21 AM.

My favorite part was when people were talking about the penquins Goals per game.. was like a 4.0+ oh wait....... they played no one....

Quote Originally Posted by Garbles View Post
    Except Boston's team is also clicking incredibly well right now, Los Angeles has looked hurt since the first series with the Blues. Boston on the other hand is only missing Cambell, a decent player but not a game changer. I honestly don't see Boston being beaten right now, between Rask's play and Krejici being johnny on the spot for every little thing, not mentioning being able to come back from 4-1 game in game 7 in the third period without giving into the despair of the situation. It's just not a team I would bet against anytime soon. Not mentioning they just went up against the most powerful offensive team in the game and shut them down into nothingness. Also, 8-1 in their last 9 games isn't something to scoff at.

15+ Year Old Account
    ill be rooting boston. but im glad detroit was the only team so far to take chicago past 5. makes me wonder how good a series Detroit Vs LA would have been.

10+ Year Old Account
    Bold as it sounds, Chicago in 5.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    http://prohockeytalk.nbcsports.com/2...r-no-1-goalie/

I would fire him just for that. Also heard Philly is in the market for a D man, I wonder if the Flames would be interested because Bob McKenzie reports they're willing to move Shenn or Couturier.
    Last edited by Zeoni; 2013-06-09 at 08:43 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zeoni View Post
    http://prohockeytalk.nbcsports.com/2...r-no-1-goalie/

I would fire him just for that. Also heard Philly is in the market for a D man, I wonder if the Flames would be interested because Bob McKenzie reports they're willing to move Shenn or Couturier.
    thats quite sad. Fleury gave up an average of over 4 goals a game (sans the shutout in the first game of the playoffs), meanwhile Vokoun actually gave them a fighting shot...and there going to keep Fleury?
    yeah id Fire Bylsma too.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by marcelos11 View Post
    thats quite sad. Fleury gave up an average of over 4 goals a game (sans the shutout in the first game of the playoffs), meanwhile Vokoun actually gave them a fighting shot...and there going to keep Fleury?
    yeah id Fire Bylsma too.
    Other rumours are that Lemeuix wants Bylsma out too. Regardless, if he gets fired he'll instantly be snatched up. I'd imagine Vancouver would be all over that.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zeoni View Post
    Other rumours are that Lemeuix wants Bylsma out too. Regardless, if he gets fired he'll instantly be snatched up. I'd imagine Vancouver would be all over that.
    yeah ive heard that too. my question is, do the pens buyout Fleury? and if so where does he end up?

10+ Year Old Account
    yeah id Fire Bylsma too.
    Fleury has a ring and is not about to turn 37

In the short term Vokoun was the better choice but in the long term you still have to go with Fleury, and if Vokoun is still around then you can always make the switch again if Fleury flounders.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    yeah ive heard that too. my question is, do the pens buyout Fleury? and if so where does he end up?
    I could see him going to Columbus if Bobrovski is wow'd by the KHL offers he's getting. Other than that...Florida? I dunno, somewhere with little pressure would be best for him. They need that cap room if they're going to remain a competitive team and I honestly don't think they can go on with Fleury in net. He's fallen off course and really just needs a recharge in a different city. I think he is a decent goalie and has shown he can be good but not lately. I think he gets bought out if they strike a deal with Vancouver/Buffalo or sign Mike Smith.